• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sakurai: "We have struck a deal with 4Kids to voice all the characters for SSBB, so now from the same people that bought to you that amazing Luffy dub voice, I give you LINK!"

*Insert trailer with a talking Link...only it's something 4KIDS did.*
*goes into fetal position and whimpers*

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sakurai says: instead of super smash bros brawl, we have decided to put all of our money into a hello kitty game, everything we have created so far will be destroyed.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Employee: Sakurai, we've received the votes from the poll!
Sakurai: Let me see!

GameCube Controller: 2506 votes
Wiimote + Numchuck: 1405 votes
Classic Controller: 1222 votes
Wiimote: 0 votes

Next day:

Employee: Sakurai, what's new?
Sakurai: Nothing much, just made a new post!

Wiimote:
Wiimote:
Wiimote:
Wiimote:
This is ********, but it's nunchuk you dips#it.

Forgive me. I hate it when people go around saying stuff like the SimSims when it's the Simpsons.

On Topic:

Sakurai: We canceled Brawl. But we released what we have done on the game! A screen of Wario dry humping a tree.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
*December 20, 2007*

Sakurai: On December 25, we will release SSBB.

*Everyone is naturally excited. They camp out and things. People buy SSBB and get home to find...*

Person: WHERE'S MY SSBB DISC?! What's this note?!

Note: Sakurai: HAHA! YOU'VE JUST BEEN MINDGAMED, I DIDN'T SAY WHAT YEAR!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
*December 20, 2007*

Sakurai: On December 25, we will release SSBB.

*Everyone is naturally excited. They camp out and things. People buy SSBB and get home to find...*

Person: WHERE'S MY SSBB DISC?! What's this note?!

Note: Sakurai: HAHA! YOU'VE JUST BEEN MINDGAMED, I DIDN'T SAY WHAT YEAR!
hahaahaha, in some ways that would rule. In most ways, sucky :(

Sakurai says : That whole health thing? Yeah it's in now. What the heck were we thinking before? Also the cast has been replaced by mortal kombat, and the game is now called mortal kombat 9 : another terrible game

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Dylan_Tnga is back from the dead, i mean ban.

Sakurai says : Brawl will be released 4Q. 2010. unless you live in japan, where it is already out. (and japanese disks don't work in american wii's)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
No wavedashing either. It's REALLY cheap.
You trying to annoy me man? (since you harped on my friend endlessly)

Or are you saying that's the worst that can happen?

either way Im going to go play smash for a few hours. Laters.

Sakurai says : No, Dylan you're not going to play smash today, I want you to scrub the toilets...

me : NOOOOOOOOOO!:(

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Sakurai says: Do to an unforeseen event, all of are data files have been corrupted. We're having to work from the ground up.

Sakurai says: If you are reading this message, I have already passed away. I can no longer work on Super Smash Brothers Brawl, but do not worry! I have left the job of completing the game to the makers of Mario Party 8. I hope Brawl turns out to be everything you wanted it to be.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
sakurai decides to discontinue because he screwed up, and wants someone else to start all over which will be released in about 2012 instead and people finally get to play it and all theycan say is... this sucks

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
sakurai decides to discontinue because he screwed up, and wants someone else to start all over which will be released in about 2012 instead and people finally get to play it and all theycan say is... this sucks
TEra tried to convince me that a game called Smash Bros. Murder was coing out in 2012. I believe she said October 4.

the things siblings try to brainwash you into believing...

anyways, worse than 2012 is 2013, 2014...
cancellation...

there's your sign.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Masashiro Sakurai decides that the hardcore tourney scene is so hardcore that he must bend to their needs. Thus, he eliminates the existence of items and alternate playing modes. To make sure that there is no imbalance or unfairness, all characters are given the exact same stats and moves, and the only stage is a flat blue platform against a white background. No music; it would only distract.

Now some serious competition can take place.

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
The worst thing that could hapen.

Sakurai: Well, some one hacked all of our sprites for SSBB, so all i have left is the sprites from Dora the Explorer....so i guess the new characters will be Dora the explorer characters. Oh, and we will have to make this into a childs game only since too much violence will make kids act bad.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
Whats the worse that can happen.

Sakurai says: We will replace Link's sword with a wet noodle.

Sakurai says: Brawl will give you a fatal and untreatable illness when played or seen.

Sakurai says: The game will use all third party characters and no nintendo characters

*now thats about the worst that can happen. Period!!!
Sakurai says: the world will explode shortly and no one will ever get a chance to play super smash brothers brawl.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Masashiro Sakurai decides that the hardcore tourney scene is so hardcore that he must bend to their needs. Thus, he eliminates the existence of items and alternate playing modes. To make sure that there is no imbalance or unfairness, all characters are given the exact same stats and moves, and the only stage is a flat blue platform against a white background. No music; it would only distract.

Now some serious competition can take place.
aight that sounds sweet, now the game cant be counterpicked by homosexual shiek players...

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Because of the popularity of the tiers lists people make over the internet, Sakurai decides to deliver his own tiers list, and builds the tiers result in the game, so that when you choose a character, it shouts its tier ranking. News of this has spread, and people are outraged. Why would Sakurai support something like a tiers list? And how would it work on the characters who can't speak?

For the last people finally find out in the final release. Apparently, when choosing Pikachu, you can hear a pitched up Reggie, trying to sound like Pikachu, say "Good Tier", while Kirby holds one hand under his armpit and apparently armpitfart in morse code.

It also seems that every character originating from Sakurai's mind is instantly highest tier, which Sakurai describes as "Chuck Norris Tier".

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai: Everybody except (Insert your name here) gets to play it. I hate that person. The game will shut off when ever (Insert your name here) gets close.

Then the game gets 10/10 from everywhere and everyone, from nintendo fans to nintendo haters love the game, but you can't play it.

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai says: Upon opening the game case for the first time, the disc will instantly do three things. First, it will render you immortal. Second, it will destroy all life on earth. And third, it will self destruct. You will be forced to spend the rest of the ages staring at the game case, all alone in an unbearable misery which you cannot be released from even by the sweet embrace of death.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sakurai: Single button melee shall become the new standard.
Sakurai: We've determined that fox was to weak. This shall be rectified.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sakurai says: Upon opening the game case for the first time, the disc will instantly do three things. First, it will render you immortal. Second, it will destroy all life on earth. And third, it will self destruct. You will be forced to spend the rest of the ages staring at the game case, all alone in an unbearable misery which you cannot be released from even by the sweet embrace of death.
Okay, that IS the worst thing that can happen.

But aren't some people, you know, straying a wee bit far from the realm of the technically possible?

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
one of the five...
1. this game will kill you in 24 hours because of its awesomeness
2. this game, owing to popularity, will cost $15,239.09
3. just to add more non-Nintendo all-stars, I put Sonic and Megaman in this game.
4. everything you saw on the site on May 22 is all that is going to be in the game.
5. and the classic: "Sakurai instates the ideas from this thread"

clearly, that is the best (and most overused) one

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Whats the worse that can happen.
Sakurai says: The game will use all third party characters and no nintendo characters

*now thats about the worst that can happen. Period!!!
Sakurai says: the world will explode shortly and no one will ever get a chance to play super smash brothers brawl.
i hope the world doesn't explode:laugh: anyway that wouldn't be a bad idea like each symtem could have their own version of smash, just like nintendo does, PS2 and XBox would have their own as well, which would rock because i know for a fact that Cloud would be one the PS2 version as well as Sephiroph!

Top Bottom