• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai's personal troll: A diddy kong matchup thread~!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Can we go over some common situations & what pits reaction should be? How to beat the hump every time? Common baits against diddy habits? How to camp safely? The best distance? The distance you should stop arrowing and what you should do to reset teh situation. Comman people we need have better discussions!! :):(

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Rolling towards them when they are using side b might help, but I don't know. If any character powershields and advances on our arrow spam twice in a row then there should never be a third arrow. Also if the are trying to roll towards you then stop arrowing and think about doing something else. If the Diddy is in the air to high for a normal arrow to be curved up and hit him then he will probably try to throw a banana directly on your head from there so stop arrowing at that point as well.

If the Diddy follows up every nanner throw your reaction should be shield the nanner then counter their approach. The nanner will pop up in the air for a little which hardly gives you any time. You can grab them and fthrow/dthrow (bthrow takes too many frames and you'll most likely slip when the banana comes down), nair oos retreating which will get the diddy a little damage, fsmash if you have enough time, or jump and z catch the banana then throw it back at him or keep it, run away, and spam arrows. Arrow spam with a banana is good because the nanner can halt their punish whenever they get close, it combos into another arrow and then you have time to pick the banana back up.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
sounds like a good idea, as most people will want to punish a wingdash. i'm not sure if i've mentioned this, but bannana to arrow is a true combo(albiet a weak one) and you can pelt diddy with arrows as he tries to DA and get his bannana back.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
you of all people know we move faster when we are in WOI (btw im refering to longated wing dashes) so you can chase diddy down faster doing a wing dash and hit him with the banana and be that much closer to him. it's a good mix up instead of the oh so predictable glide tossing set ups, which in turn makes it harder to predict how you are going to chase diddy. plus you could just do a short wing dash back to avoid some move of his and throw banana instead of dair and then you are still close enough to punish with like Dash Attack or a dash grab or possibly dtilt or at the very least arrow. you can't space/chase like that by just throwing the banana normally lol

edit:
ah, i in my first post that i only said oos instead of just in general. therein lies the confusion. should have said in general AND oos

Top Bottom