• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salamence moveset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryboflax

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I just caught a Bagon (male, that took f o r e v e r) and I would like a noce moveset for Salamence. This is so that I know what to delete and keep and teach him in the future. So for I have:

SALAMENCE @ NOTHING
HEADBUTT
FOCUS ENERGY
EMBER
DRAGON CLAW

Thanks for any input!

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Dragon Dance increases your attack and speed by 1 stage. Rest is a good idea. And Brick Break to take care of ice types.

Gligar_Man

Smash Lord
in the burning heart of god & the belly of a b
you shouldnt be worried about ice types, just ice moves... really...

and you shoudlnt leave him in against a stabd 4x weakness anywhos... esspecially when you have 85 bp... well look at it this way...

stabd ice beam on 4x weakness = 570 bp...
brick break on 2x weakness unstabd = 170 bp...

you wanna do that match-up? quake/d-edge is more evrsatile imo...

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Brick Break is 70 power, actually. That doesn't exactly help your cause, but meh. =[

And use Return/Frustration if you're using a Normal attack. Double-Edge is nice, but since it's been changed to 1/3 recoil in RuSa, it's not as viable a choice as before without the good ol' Rock Head.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Whats the nature of your Salamence?

A typical ddmence is dragon dance, dragon claw, earthquake, rock slide/stone edge. Dragon claw for stab, earthquake/rock slide for fairly good type coverage. However, this set is somewhat walled by skarmory, who can just whirlwind you away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom