• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SALT 2 4/9/11 Results

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I just spoke to Falco, he told me Kismet said he's moving to bigger and better things and didn't tell Falco about metaknight till Falco caught them in bed together. Keitaro's disappointed in my dude :( But happy for his placing :D

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Zatch: that Ike is lookin pretty good, just remember to momentum cancel with airdodge since Ike's aerials are slow as poop
From about 60-130%, I did, actually. After that, aerials are better. I use tilt stick, and it's pretty hard for me to live by C-sticking an aerial. I recently discovered (yesterday) that I could FF almost anything and live at the same percents, so I'll implement that. I'm also going to play a lot more aggressive. >:D

It was nice to see you there, though, hopefully we can play next time :O I was able to watch a little of your set against Ryan.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
TIME FOR SHOUTOUTS

Ryan: I'm glad you got to go to a tourney again, haha. You're too good to just be hanging out in Clemson with noone to play. Plus it was nice to have someone ride with me and keep me company and help pay for gas :D Next time I'll try to not hold you back in teams, haha.
Reflex: Glad you and Micaelis enjoyed my gamer tag, haha. I meant to ask you for some help on my Wario since I'm trying him out as a second, but there weren't many open stations and I didn't see you around much after you beat us in teams, haha. It was still fun playing you guys though.
Micaelis: Same thing as Reflex about my name, haha. I've always wanted to play your MK and got to in teams, but it's kinda different than a 1v1. Maybe at the next SALT if I'm able to go.
Scatt: You are a mean person for beating me in RC tourney, Singles tourney, and Doubles tourney (jk :D). I still don't know how you manage to play with the Wiichuck setup, but props to you dude, you're as good as I thought you'd be. It was a ton of fun playing you and you're a really cool guy. Next time I'm gonna get your Snake with my Ganon :awesome:
Kismet: It was nice to meet you for the first time, I'd never seen you at any of the tourneys I'd been to before, even if it wasn't for very long.
Dyno: Glad I was able to help support you getting dinner, haha. It's always fun playing you, wish we'd had more time to get in some friendlies; too bad there weren't a ton of open setups. I meant to get your opinion on my Wario I've been trying out too; ah, well, maybe next time, haha.
Miles: I'm gonna get that MK one of these days :D. I'm not all that great but it's nice to get some love for my skills every now and then, haha. It's always a blast playing you.
Zatch: WHAT YOU WERE AT THIS TOURNEY AND DIDN'T SAY HI TO ME? I didn't realize you were there! I even looked for you on the bracket and didn't see your name!
M2K: I didn't get to play you :( Saw your ridiculous match against Ryan though on the custom level with the mushrooms and windmill thing and lol'd, haha. When I first saw you I thought my old roommate had secretly followed me to SALT; you could seriously be his twin.
Hero: Haha, it's always fun seeing and playing you. Keep doing work with that Peach. Too bad we only got a couple matches in before we got kicked off though.
BigLou: I wanted to get some friendlies in with you at some point; I love watching that Diddy of yours and love playing against good Diddys. Maybe next time. Also you should have been born a week later so BBC would have been in May and I could have gone.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. SALT was a ton of fun again, haha. Can't wait for the third one (if I can go; May might or might not be really busy for me).

BBQ°

Smash Champion
shoutouts:

level 9 luigi: thanks for teaming with me bro. I hope I didn't hurt your back with all my deadweight you had to carry. Also, we had a great team combo against those mexican guys. We should team again at the next tourney :awesome:

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
From about 60-130%, I did, actually. After that, aerials are better. I use tilt stick, and it's pretty hard for me to live by C-sticking an aerial. I recently discovered (yesterday) that I could FF almost anything and live at the same percents, so I'll implement that. I'm also going to play a lot more aggressive. >:D

It was nice to see you there, though, hopefully we can play next time :O I was able to watch a little of your set against Ryan.
that wasn't even a match, that was how not to play Ike right there. My Ike hasn't been up to par lately because I've been too busy working on other characters for a possible second.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Zatch: WHAT YOU WERE AT THIS TOURNEY AND DIDN'T SAY HI TO ME? I didn't realize you were there! I even looked for you on the bracket and didn't see your name!
Yeah :( Sorry I didn't speak up, I don't talk much offline. I was unable to enter singles, too. Hopefully I can see you again at Salt3 :D

shoutouts:

level 9 luigi: thanks for teaming with me bro. I hope I didn't hurt your back with all my deadweight you had to carry. Also, we had a great team combo against those mexican guys. We should team again at the next tourney :awesome:
That was YOU? LOL I'm going to team with a CPU at my next tourney, haha.

that wasn't even a match, that was how not to play Ike right there. My Ike hasn't been up to par lately because I've been too busy working on other characters for a possible second.
Yeah, you got gimped, a lot. (That's really all I noticed majorly; every time I looked at your matches, you were offstage losing a stock D: ) Try to reserve your second jump and FF to avoid taking hits like that.

I wish we could have played more, Vahe. I wanted to beat that MK/Wario with Ike >:/ Very nice friendlies, btw. Any tips for me?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
O ya and i was dumb and forgot to give Miles a shoutout sooo

Miles- Super fun hangin out w/ ya man. It was also really fun to watch u get booty ***** by m2k using 1 hand xD. Good **** on ur placing and hopefully u'll be able to make it out to more events to continue to show ur stuff.

Yeah thanks

and lololol@M2K ****** me w/ 1 hand. I got him to 1 stock w/ both of his hands THEN he went 1 hand and won lol, unlike Kadaj's MK :awesome: lol

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Super-condensed shoutouts time, because I'm lazy.

Everyone I played in tourney: Ryan, Huggles, Player-3, Iblis, Thomas, Michael (not Micaelis), Scatt, Player-1, Reflex, Neo X, Sakul, & Iblis

Good games to all you guys, whether it was doubles, singles, or Cruise.

Everyone I didn't play in tourney, but talked to OR played friendlies (or an MM in M2K's case) with: Chaz, Miles, SleepyK, Dyno, M2K, & the guy helping Player-1 run the tourney (Sorry, man, I didn't catch your name/tag.)

It was great meeting you guys. Georgia is filled with legit people.

Kismet, Micaelis, & Billy

I really wanted to play/talk to you guys, but never got around to it. Some other time, I suppose.

Lounis

You get a super shoutout for housing me and the rest of the NC car, bro. :luigi2:

NC will definitely come to BBC if it can. ;)

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Yeah :( Sorry I didn't speak up, I don't talk much offline. I was unable to enter singles, too. Hopefully I can see you again at Salt3 :D

That was YOU? LOL I'm going to team with a CPU at my next tourney, haha.

Yeah, you got gimped, a lot. (That's really all I noticed majorly; every time I looked at your matches, you were offstage losing a stock D: ) Try to reserve your second jump and FF to avoid taking hits like that.

I wish we could have played more, Vahe. I wanted to beat that MK/Wario with Ike >:/ Very nice friendlies, btw. Any tips for me?

I didn't expect him to just keep going for the gimps. I'm pretty bad at playing people who play for gimps instead of just playing lol

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
SO Glad to hear Reflex's Wario is being played and yes it is very good...it was when I first saw it back at FAST one! In Orlando, Fl. I will find it hard to forget the amazing set he and M2k had! Reflex please keep your wario and honestly I feel your extremely underrated.

PS. Walnut {the soon to be central Florida fascination}

Player-1

Smash Legend
I didn't realize I had this many replays 0_o, so if you want your replay uploaded then please say so, my wii was the one that was on the big screen so if you played on that wii and saved your replay to that wii and want it uploaded then tell me, or else I'm going to delete them in about a week.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No clue. I imagine they're in order, though--The bracket should be able to tell you.

I think I beat M2K once in each of the sets I played him in, if that helps at all.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Did you guys only play a 2/3 set or am I missing games? I got you winning game 1 on BF, him winning game 2 on SV, and you winning game 3 on picto

Player-1

Smash Legend
Wait, did you play him in winner semis? That would explain the 2/3 set, because then I have you vs M2K on lylat you winning that game which I'm assuming is WF and then you vs kismet in LF and then I don't have GFs, does that sound right?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wait, did you play him in winner semis? That would explain the 2/3 set, because then I have you vs M2K on lylat you winning that game which I'm assuming is WF and then you vs kismet in LF and then I don't have GFs, does that sound right?
Who is "him?"

I remember beating Mew2King on Lylat.

Player-1

Smash Legend
"him" is kismet

also, I probably won't have them uploaded til Sunday because I'm staying at P3's house this weekend why my parents are out of town and I'm going straight from school to his house so I probably won't bring my laptop, it might be sooner though cuz I actually wanted to bring my laptop so maybe if I can come pick it up sometime then I will.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
also, I probably won't have them uploaded til Sunday because I'm staying at P3's house this weekend why my parents are out of town and I'm going straight from school to his house so I probably won't bring my laptop, it might be sooner though cuz I actually wanted to bring my laptop so maybe if I can come pick it up sometime then I will.
I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'd like to see those matches sometime.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I can get one set up tonight probably if you want me to, I have them recorded, just need to upload them, but I'm going to bed soon so I can't get all of the sets, do you have a preference as to what set you'd like to see up?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I can get one set up tonight probably if you want me to, I have them recorded, just need to upload them, but I'm going to bed soon so I can't get all of the sets, do you have a preference as to what set you'd like to see up?
I guess not; just stuff between Mew2King and myself.

Top Bottom