• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saltus Combo (testers wanted) *please read thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
This looks like there's too much stun to escape.

Um...does Sheik have any form of jab lock? Needles, perhaps? If so, this is a perfect setup.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Has this been tested?
A: yes

Has this been tested a lot?
A: Just found it today I need more than a few hours to run it through everything you can think of.

saviorslegacy

...seriously? that looks pretty escapable. is the hitstun of Bair really that long?
Actually from what I can tell it is VERY legit.

@.@ I should've waited a week before posting this that way I knew every single thing about it.

As far as I can tell Peach cannot get out of it at low percents (this might change at higher percents). This is pretty much legit on every character. The only thing that doesn't make this legit is a fast fall speed and little ground traction (like Luigi).

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
For me it looks like there is time to roll away (After the foostool), but anyway it looks really cool :)

saviorslegacy

For me it looks like there is time to roll away (After the foostool), but anyway it looks really cool :)
Nope... you see that footstool provides a lot of stun. On top of that I don't believe you can roll. You auto get up after a set period of time.

Max Ketchum

lol @ "does bair have that much hitstun?"

The bair functions as a jab lock. The only way this is escapable is if they can interrupt it between the ftilt and footstool. Also, you CAN roll out of a footstool knock-down, but not after you've been hit by a lock move once. There's just not enough time between the footstool and the bair to get out. That's legit.

saviorslegacy

This can be DIed..
If you DI out you make it funner for Sheik if you DI in you make it easier.

If you DI the Bair I can just walk up to you. No go dude. Only an attack, low traction, low damage, high damage and fast fall speed can save you.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
If this really isn't escapable, needles (assuming it's charged) to another needle to a Usmash should be replaced with that last BAir, Metaknight should have a harder time trying to survive.

Maybe even insert a run up > FTilt before the Usmash.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You're not fastfalling the bair, from what I can tell. Also, that footstool height is pretty high. If that's the height we have to work with, then Yoshi's Island, the sides of Battlefield, and occasionally Smashville will probably interfere unless you time the bair late. It might be tricky.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
oh wowww. i need to test this crap. HOW would u find this seriously like... where u looking for it, or like how does someone find things like these.. im thinking u can SDI some of the moves to get a bit outa range.

but its looking bad lol.... just curious cuz us MKs are fawked. whats shieks worst matchup
??

Rawnie

Smash Champion
oh wowww. i need to test this crap. HOW would u find this seriously like... where u looking for it, or like how does someone find things like these.. im thinking u can SDI some of the moves to get a bit outa range.

but its looking bad lol.... just curious cuz us MKs are fawked. whats shieks worst matchup
??
Ice Climbers. Becase there being two of them, this would not really benefit Sheik in that match-up.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LMFAO criz just take them to BF and spam nado to chip shield...BF will make the footstool difficult to do unless you're in the middle but no one can ledge trap MK so it doesn't matter if you're at the sides

sheik's worst matchup...is MK bahahahahahhaha along with marf. ICs as well

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
You're not fastfalling the bair, from what I can tell. Also, that footstool height is pretty high. If that's the height we have to work with, then Yoshi's Island, the sides of Battlefield, and occasionally Smashville will probably interfere unless you time the bair late. It might be tricky.
I noticed that to. The example he showed us was escapable, without the fastfall, but I'm pretty sure it won't be with a fastfall.

Also, just a side question, does DAir have lock properties?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
From the video, it looks like it will only work on FD...can probably be escaped via Smash DI just like the Peach infinite on Wario (smash DI the weak bair hit to move closer to the ledge with each hit)...and I would be really surprised if he can't nair or uair before that footstool. :/

saviorslegacy

I noticed that to. The example he showed us was escapable, without the fastfall, but I'm pretty sure it won't be with a fastfall.

Also, just a side question, does DAir have lock properties?
Dair sucks

The funny thing about that is they were just footstooled and they don't have time to get up before the Bair.

I found this by leaf posting a topic asking us to take a second look at the footstool. So I did and I have always liked thing that combo into itself. So I tried to make it combo into itself and found this.

Max Ketchum

Get your brother to test this with you. Even if he doesn't know how to play Smash, just tell him to mash the C-stick up once he gets ftilted.

Nope, not tech chasing. Just watch where he goes after the ftilt, which he can't really decide.

saviorslegacy

This looks easy to mess up in game though; dont think this is an instant win >_>.
If you play the IC's right they have an instant win. However this is easier than the crazy CG's that they pull off.
Gimme a month and I'll upload matches of me using this in a Brawl.

BTW... it is somewhat easy to mess up. Then again so is DACUS. This skill will just take time.

Max Ketchum

...You can't tech a lock move...once you're footstooled, the bair hit is a lock. Nothing you can do about that.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Get your brother to test this with you. Even if he doesn't know how to play Smash, just tell him to mash the C-stick up once he gets ftilted.

Nope, not tech chasing. Just watch where he goes after the ftilt, which he can't really decide.
Oh, funny I didn't know that lock properties move players the way it decides, if that's what you meant. Possibly because of the lack of lock moves my main has.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm having doubts it will work on some characters you listed, but I'll wait to see how your findings turn out.

Good find by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom