• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salty Entourage , Burton , Michigan

Pizzaman

Smash Cadet
Date: February 22nd, 2014

Venue is open at 12:00 PM
Tournament ends at 9:00 PM

Registration is 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM for both events.

Rules: Apex Ruleset https://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee

General Rules of Conduct: Don't break anything, don't steal anything , no alcohol or drugs or fighting/weapons WHATSOEVER. Just don't be a ****, guys. If anyone acts too out of control they will be asked to leave with no refund.

*This is Melee only. This is my first time hosting a tournament, so I don't want to do multiple games.

WHAT TO BRING: Gamecube controller (1st parties only)
and enough money for events listed below. PLEASE BRING EXACT CHANGE! .

Venue Fee: $5 per person
Singles: $5 per person
Doubles: $10 per team
Venue fee will be refunded if you bring a full setup (TV, Gamecube/Wii, Melee disc with everything unlocked, etc.)

*Payouts for both events*
Will be announced at the tournament.

*We are currently discussing additional pot bonuses as well.
PRIZES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DEPENDING ON ATTENDEE COUNT.

If anyone can bring a recording setup they are more than welcome to.

***** WE NEED SETUPS PLEASE!!!***** If you have anything that would help the tournament run more smoothly, such as TVs. systems, POWER STRIPS, please bring it.

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/240421586118596/

Last edited:

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually interested in going to this, main issue is probably getting a ride because of living an hour away from Grand Blanc

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
I'll ask around and see if anyone in the area would be interested in going to this

EDIT: Have you tried posting this to the Michigan Melee FB page? I'm sure you could find a bunch of people willing to come and play.

Divine Mercy

Smash Cadet
I will be there! And here I thought GB had no smashers. This is awesome. Ive had little chance to improve my game. I'm not expecting to get past the first match in the tournament as much as get better at the game.

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
More grand blanc players? I tried starting weeklies at the pwn shop but people weren't interested. I'm looking at hosting a P:M/Brawl event the week before this but i'm going to shuffle so I wouldn't be able to make it. Regardless great job hosting! Look into P:M? :)

Divine Mercy

Smash Cadet
More grand blanc players? I tried starting weeklies at the pwn shop but people weren't interested. I'm looking at hosting a P:M/Brawl event the week before this but i'm going to shuffle so I wouldn't be able to make it. Regardless great job hosting! Look into P:M? :)
Count me as interested. Not interested in Brawl/PM though. So when would these weeklies be? I know another person on the facebook page expressed interest in meeting up to play before the 22nd as well, not sure if he wants to do weeklies though.

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
If everything works out, I plan on hosting monthlies at the PWN Shop
I've tried this, there is a frequent melee/PM series called sweet, and then for brawl/pm michigan ranbats happens at schoolcraft college in livonia. If you'd like to make these all smash events I'd help you host, I've talked to dan and i'm hosting a tournament the week before http://smashboards.com/threads/february-15-2014-the-pwn-series-1-brawl-p-m.347539/#post-16303275. I won't be in town during your event but if we get good turnouts we should look at making this a recurring thing.

Pizzaman

Smash Cadet
I know what the Sweet and ranbats tournaments are. I am mainly a melee player and I don't really care for hosting brawl all too much. And I also will make sure that those two tournaments above and mine don't interfere with each other.

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
How many do you think melee would bring?
I know a few people that like melee, but the interest lately is in P:M. There's hype surrounding melee but that's for the people that were in the competitive scene beforehand. Mostly from the documentary and evo. I think we should just stick to all smash though, because Idk about you guys, but I just like playing smash.

Divine Mercy

Smash Cadet
I know a few people that like melee, but the interest lately is in P:M. There's hype surrounding melee but that's for the people that were in the competitive scene beforehand. Mostly from the documentary and evo. I think we should just stick to all smash though, because Idk about you guys, but I just like playing smash.
I think the interest will be whatever the latest thing is. I didn't get involved in this community until i saw the documentary, but even though I didn't L cancel or wavedash or do any advanced techniques, something about brawl made me not like it. I mean yeah its smash.....but still. I can see how people like PM though, the idea behind it is cool and its not so "bogged down" like brawl felt to me. But I guess im the kinda person who goes back to play old games. When everyone was playing the new call of duty's I stuck with 5, 4 and 2. After playing Twilight Princess I went back and beat Wind Waker the nth time and decided to play Ocarina. I mean you could say Zelda is Zelda, but Skyward Sword and Ocarina are leagues apart to me. I'm hoping Smash 4 is good and not just the skyward sword of smash.

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
I think the interest will be whatever the latest thing is. I didn't get involved in this community until i saw the documentary, but even though I didn't L cancel or wavedash or do any advanced techniques, something about brawl made me not like it. I mean yeah its smash.....but still. I can see how people like PM though, the idea behind it is cool and its not so "bogged down" like brawl felt to me. But I guess im the kinda person who goes back to play old games. When everyone was playing the new call of duty's I stuck with 5, 4 and 2. After playing Twilight Princess I went back and beat Wind Waker the nth time and decided to play Ocarina. I mean you could say Zelda is Zelda, but Skyward Sword and Ocarina are leagues apart to me. I'm hoping Smash 4 is good and not just the skyward sword of smash.
Brawl sucks until you get good at it. Melee and pm feel more satisfying to play. But they're just different games. I play all of it with bias towards brawl. Find what you like and know that you aren't limited to any one game or stuck into anything. If you don't like it nobodys making you stay sir :)

Divine Mercy

Smash Cadet
Brawl sucks until you get good at it. Melee and pm feel more satisfying to play. But they're just different games. I play all of it with bias towards brawl. Find what you like and know that you aren't limited to any one game or stuck into anything. If you don't like it nobodys making you stay sir :)
True. I suppose it is just because all the characters i love to use in Melee or would like to use in Brawl are all bottom half of the tier list.

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
True. I suppose it is just because all the characters i love to use in Melee or would like to use in Brawl are all bottom half of the tier list.
Don't be afraid by tier lists, have your own goals for whatever game you're playing, just enjoy playing your character, who cares if you win tournaments.
if everything goes well, melee should be pretty big
Good luck to you! I'll be in columbus for shuffle but i'll make sure to be at the next one, other smash games or not.

Pizzaman

Smash Cadet
by big I mean hopefully at least 20 or so. and by my standards for this tournament that would be pretty big

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
Any michigan players are welcome to add me on skype, zack.hendricks7, and i'll put you into the michigan chat. There are a fair amount of smash fests relatively often. Either way it seems like i'm going to have a minimum of 30 to 40 for The PWN Series, so I think we could make a monthly event huge!

Last edited:
Top Bottom