• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
kilroy said:
i'm said about the cuts, but as for people to cut, i could accept the following (no offense to those who love these characters):

Pichu
Doctor Mario
Jigglypuff
Roy
Shiek
Mr. Game and Watch
Young Link

in that order.
everyone else should stay and ganondorf and falco should get their own movesets.
Hmm.. that'd leave us with the 19 original characters, plus Metaknight, Pit, Wario, Snake, and Zamus (assuming she's her own character), that's 24 characters. Plus the 2(best case scenario) 3rd party characters Sakurai mentioned, that's 26. Now, I don't think 40 characters is a feasible number, so let's hope for 35, which is a lot but not impossible. We have 9 slots left. 9 new first or second party characters...

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I agree with you on the B thing, and that's sonics moves WOULD be not WILL we still don't know if he's in it, essentially all I can imagine him doing is stealing current char's moves, jigg's B move (not rolling obviously) Mario's Bup but with rings not coins (maybe if they were gonna make it different he could sort of shoot up THROUGH rings rather than them appearing around him) and I also imagine him having the current fox's B+ side (illusion thing). If you think about it though, he'd fit into coin mode perfectly, if you know what I mean :p (just for the very few who don't, when sonic is hit in his games he drops coins, or is it rings? I never remember).

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Seeing as they don't think every char will be returning I doubt they'll get up to 35, probably only at max 30.

Crap sorry double post. :(

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
Inferno_blaze said:
Seeing as they don't think every char will be returning I doubt they'll get up to 35, probably only at max 30.

Crap sorry double post. :(
I counted the cuts. Also, 30? what the hell? only 5 more than Melee? That's unfair.

Edit: at least 4 of these characters must be females, because SMASH NEEDS MORE FEMALES(not very likely to happen though). And less swords. 2 more pokemon, maybe.

Edit 2: the first edit referring to the 9 characters, that, in the best case scenario, would be added to Brawl.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
yes but if you think about it the need to add AND change all those chars, alot more than they had to do with ssb64 to melee, I'm not going to get overexcited expecting massive amounts of chars only to have my hopes crushed, plus if they do make more than 30 then it'll be even more of a happy surprise. Hmm maybe I'll get another favourite char, my current are (not due to movesets or tiers, just because I like them): Bowser, Mario/Doc Mario, Roy, Pickachu, and jigglypuff (just for the hilarity of beating people who don't play the game loads with a pink puffball that they think will suck and be for girls also B+down FTW!). I love Metanight as a char (always have) so he's a cool addition. PIT looks pretty awesome (unlike he used to look) and will probably replace Roy if he get's cut as one of my fav chars.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
there were 7 wholly new characters in melee, so that's something to consider as well.

i could take a new poke or two, i'd like a poke to appear that i actually like and would want to use. ;) but i still consider pika and mew2 as the prime reps of the series. jiggly seems to be there because of the anime, and i don't know if they're still working that gag on the show. it strikes me as it might be time to let that go and make room for someone new and deserving.

30-35? i could live with that. if it's 26 or less, i'd be ticked.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
ArichTheViking said:
It would be interesting if Sonic moved like he did in his games instead of like traditional SSB, ie he starts walking and then slowly picks up speed until he's sprinting, instead of tilting to walk and smashing to run... It would add an interesting dynamic to his character...
Yeah, but if they start making every character how they are in real life, it wouldn't work. Someone proposed X to be only walking and his dash would be a B move. Can you imagine something like that?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
ArichTheViking said:
It would be interesting if Sonic moved like he did in his games instead of like traditional SSB, ie he starts walking and then slowly picks up speed until he's sprinting, instead of tilting to walk and smashing to run... It would add an interesting dynamic to his character...
I like the idea, but the problem is that: how often do you have that much space in a level before you stop to hit somebody, or ARE hit, etc.? You would end up moving really slow for most of the match. I don't think it would work very well.

And also...

PHEW

1 to 2 more THIRD PARTY characters.

Thank you so much SamuraiPanda.

That makes a lot more sense.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
3 is a very good number. Snake plus two more characters (Either two more Konami or choose two more from: Capcom, Namco, Sega, Hudson etc. etc) Now the problem is choosing between all the awesome ideas for the third parties.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
we still don't know if they aren't (I personally agree with you and hope they aren't) anyway if they are it will only be one most likely sonic (why would they add tails or knuckles on their own?), not both because of the small amount of 3rd party chars they are adding.

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
Sonic and Megaman still stand out as the obvious choices to me. It is good to know he wants to limit 3rd parties.

Serious Cacodemon

Smash Rookie
Since it's only a question mark on the amount of third-party characters, I can suppose there might be around 3-5 third party characters in the end. There are quite a few third party character suggestions that could possibly make it in at the end or something.

Luiginater

Smash Apprentice
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
If they added Sonic, which is not TOO farfetched I believe everyone will agree with me on that, then Knuckles, Tails, or Shadow could probably pass as a clone without taking up a slot count for "2 or 3 more third party characters."

No I don't agree because Tails can fly & knuckles is probaly going to have a super punch if they are in it

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
unless they're clones they won't be in it. Image ine if they added sonic and tails as a duo like the ice climbers, now THAT would be funny and confuse a lot of people.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Luiginater said:
I want Leon from Resident Evil 4 to be in it that would be killer!
You're against Sonic but for Leon? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

ArichTheViking said:
Sonic and Megaman still stand out as the obvious choices to me. It is good to know he wants to limit 3rd parties.
Me too. I'd say they have the best chance. Pac-Man right behind them as well, considering how close Namco and Nintendo are recently.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
Me too. I'd say they have the best chance. Pac-Man right behind them as well, considering how close Namco and Nintendo are recently.
Yes. Sonic, Pac-Man and Megaman are the 3 possible choice....well, I think Sonic is a given. It'll be between Megaman and Pac-Man if one of them has to make it in.

EDIT : And whoever proposed Tails, Knuckles and Shadow as Sonic clones, you need to play a Sonic game.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
FireKP1 said:
but we are only human.
Juding by the ridiculous skill of some of the users on this forum I'm not so sure :p

Also I don't know why you all think sonic is sure to be in it, I'm pretty sure it would depend more on how desperate some companies are to have their char in and also whether the japanese audience wants him. Sure he has a higher chance than many others but he isn't for definate. Also you said him twice in the options.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Inferno_blaze said:
Juding by the ridiculous skill of some of the users on this forum I'm not so sure :p

Also I don't know why you all think sonic is sure to be in it, I'm pretty sure it would depend more on how desperate some companies are to have their char in and also whether the japanese audience wants him. Sure he has a higher chance than many others but he isn't for definate. Also you said him twice in the options.
Well, he's not confirmed, but I'm 100% sure he's on the mind of Sakurai. He knows he's the most wanted character.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Yes but He has to consider the fact that whilst he is the most wanted character, he's also NOT wanted by nearly as many people, boy would I hate to be in his shoes. He's going to annoy people either way.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Inferno_blaze said:
Yes but He has to consider the fact that whilst he is the most wanted character, he's also NOT wanted by nearly as many people, boy would I hate to be in his shoes. He's going to annoy people either way.
True. Oh well...I still think he has a strong chance of making it in(unless Sakurai pulls one on us).

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
please don't take it the wrong way. I'm not saying that I hate sonic and won't accept him in the game (I do personally not want him but can accept it if he makes it) I just like to hear and voice both sides of the arguement, and you are pretty much filling in the other side for me :D

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Inferno_blaze said:
please don't take it the wrong way. I'm not saying that I hate sonic and won't accept him in the game (I do personally not want him but can accept it if he makes it) I just like to hear and voice both sides of the arguement, and you are pretty much filling in the other side for me :D
It's ok. I do believe Sonic would be awesome in this game. We could finally end the Snes/Genesis era console war.

Black Metal

Smash Cadet
Well here's my view. Since they're taking out characters, I believe the following should go:

Pichu
Young Link
Doc Mario
G&W
Mewtwo

IF they add Pokemon it should be
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop
Hitmonchan

If they add 3rd party characters it should be
Ray 01 or Ray MK II
Knuckles Not SONIC
Waluigi (just to complete the Mario family)

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
we've had so many people saying about who they think should be taken out that they're all starting to sound pretty much the same. I also think you meant to say one of those lot, any more of the same group would be stupid seeing how they aren't the most popular pokemon.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Inferno_blaze said:
we've had so many people saying about who they think should be taken out that they're all starting to sound pretty much the same. I also think you meant to say one of those lot, any more of the same group would be stupid seeing how they aren't the most popular pokemon.
That's a proof that, has a whole, the Smash Bros fans's most wanted characters are pretty much the same.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
Black Metal said:
Well here's my view. Since they're taking out characters, I believe the following should go:

Pichu
Young Link
Doc Mario
G&W
Mewtwo

IF they add Pokemon it should be
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop
Hitmonchan

If they add 3rd party characters it should be
Ray 01 or Ray MK II
Knuckles Not SONIC
Waluigi (just to complete the Mario family)
in no way possible would they EVER add someone from the sonic franchise over sonic.
that doesn't make any freaking sense.
waluigi is just filler, he's not part of the family.
and no way should they ever add him to the smash franchise.

and if they add pokemon, i'm sure they'll stray away from the hitmon family because they are generic fighting pokemon.
i'm sure they'd want pokemon you rather not expect over MACHAMP YAHHHH1

saying that two original character ideas like G&W and mewtwo should be removed confirms ignorance, as you'd rather not have them revamped to play better.
instead, why not just kick them out for cool hitmonlee lOlLoL.

that makes perfect sense.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Inferno_blaze said:
what? I was talking about those people think should be removed
Right. I misread. Well, that proves something too. We're all pretty sure who's getting canned so we won't be shocked once the game is released.(I will be shocked if Roy is canned and Pichu stays in though).

Antioch said:
why not just kick them out for cool hitmonlee lOlLoL.

that makes perfect sense.
I loled.

Every series should be represented by at least one good and one bad character(except maybe Kid Icarus since even though people know Pit, the same can't be said for the last boss). Pikachu is the number one good pokemon and Mewtwo is the ultimate villain(well, to an extent since he's pretty much just a good pissed off Pokemon).

Mewtwo should stay and be fixed. Game and Watch...I can do without him. I'd like another retro 2D character. Pac-Man, anyone?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Ugh if they left Pichu but Cut roy it would suck, I don't want Roy cut anyway but can feel it coming, Pichu has probably the smallest fanbase (still has one mind) out of any char so I don't see any reason for him not to be cut. I'm also not sure why but I have a strage feeling that they'll cut the ice climbers, I'm not sure why seeing as they're (currently) the only duo "single character".

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Inferno_blaze said:
Ugh if they left Pichu but Cut roy it would suck, I don't want Roy cut anyway but can feel it coming, Pichu has probably the smallest fanbase (still has one mind) out of any char so I don't see any reason for him not to be cut. I'm also not sure why but I have a strage feeling that they'll cut the ice climbers, I'm not sure why seeing as they're (currently) the only duo "single character".
Maybe to replace them with another duo? Diddy and Dixie? That would be good.

I assume Roy will changed into Eliwood for the sake of american fans.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I hope that if theyremove character clones they will be Pichu,Y. Link,and Doctor Mario,since they are most like there counterparts,except Pichu,who just is way too light.

Top Bottom