• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Advice/Questions Topic.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
I noticed in some videos that HugS likes to dsmash Peaches when they try to sweetspot the edge. it looks like they can get spiked if they DI wrong and miss the tech or at least get knocked across the stage to try and recover again.

Other than that, I try to just spam missiles and hope it confuses her. From the few experiences I've had against Peach, I sometimes fire a charged neutral B below her when they are recovering with the umbrella(upB). They seem to fast fall right into it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I noticed in some videos that HugS likes to dsmash Peaches when they try to sweetspot the edge. it looks like they can get spiked if they DI wrong and miss the tech or at least get knocked across the stage to try and recover again.

Other than that, I try to just spam missiles and hope it confuses her. From the few experiences I've had against Peach, I sometimes fire a charged neutral B below her when they are recovering with the umbrella(upB). They seem to fast fall right into it.
Yeah, peach can't airdodge when she is floating either so nail her with Chargeshot ^_^.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Are those moves also used to edgeguard every other character?
pretty much, up tilt yes, depends if they sweet spot the edge(up B just in time to hardly grab it) but it does work pretty will with almost everyone, watch matches and see how other good samus edge guard, watch hugs samus!

Corigames

Smash Hero
If someone hides behind their computer at their warm, comfy home while they try to flame you while you hionsetly believe that you are, and some level, better than them, what do you do?

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
If someone hides behind their computer at their warm, comfy home while they try to flame you while you hionsetly believe that you are, and some level, better than them, what do you do?
<Zybl0re> get up
<Zybl0re> get on up
<Zybl0re> get up
<Zybl0re> get on up
<phxl|paper> and DANCE
* nmp3bot dances :D-<
* nmp3bot dances :D|-<
* nmp3bot dances :D/-<
<[SA]HatfulOfHollow> i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

/bash.org

AIDS

Smash Lord
challenge them to a money match and make them STFU, but mainly on the samus threads there are like a comunity of people to answer people, and the rest should all listen and stop being noobs, like people ask, and we answer.

or get phanna to suspend them if they are REALLY bad, noob, and enoying.

AIDS

Smash Lord
challenge them to a money match and make them STFU lol

but really there should be a small # of people giving advice on these threads and not random noobs who come out of no where.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
challenge them to a money match and make them STFU lol

but really there should be a small # of people giving advice on these threads and not random noobs who come out of no where.
You post in EVERY thread lmfao.

AIDS

Smash Lord
You post in EVERY thread lmfao.
i know, im to good at that lol, it is christmas break and i actually have free time to catch up on my posting, but yeah it is pretty chill! its to good, you should read the last little bit of the Samus locater thread lol

AIDS for PR? lol

AIDS

Smash Lord
ummm no....not 2 sound rude but
1)never heard of u
2)wut tournies have u attended
3)got any vids

oh and stop spamming your posts plz:)
i have not done much for turnaments out side of BC, and i curently have not posted any videos but we are starting to post more, and im not spaming, that discution has already been justafied

AIDS

Smash Lord
oh ok...u should come 2 a socal tourney some time.
yeah maybe, but im going to a turnmanet at SFU soon, jan 5th, it will be a fair size, washington players are coming as usual, but i was playin smash with other good BC players last night and we got some good combo's and matches, when ever i can get my program back to upload matches and all that ill let you know if your that exited to see me =P

lol but yeah, happy new Year guys.

3Years

Smash Lord
yeah maybe, but im going to a turnmanet at SFU soon, jan 5th, it will be a fair size, washington players are coming as usual, but i was playin smash with other good BC players last night and we got some good combo's and matches, when ever i can get my program back to upload matches and all that ill let you know if your that exited to see me =P

lol but yeah, happy new Year guys.
im just interested 2 see wuts out there ya no...well put em up wen ever u can

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The windmill of Fury is a joke. It's just a bunch of dash attacks.

But it's awesome :).

Mars-

Smash Champion
The windmill of Fury is a joke. It's just a bunch of dash attacks.

But it's awesome :).
The windmill of fury has some use, just not if you are simply spamming dash attacks. You can juggle people with dash attacks since it goes through most arials.

AIDS

Smash Lord
samus's Fsmash angle downwards goes through the stage, but what other edge guards do? that is one thing i was wondering.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
samus's Fsmash angle downwards goes through the stage, but what other edge guards do? that is one thing i was wondering.
You mean hit's below the edge?

Her angled ftilt >_>.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea the ftilt, utilt,and fsmash can all hit below the stage.

down tilting def works good against fast fallers. i try to land it during sheild mindgame sessions, like if u and the opponent end up shielding next to each other. just gotta read em. it also works great from an l cancelled fast fallen fair.

one thing iv been discovering lately is the great use of the usmash. if you attack someones shield with it, they are so used to taking down their shield to attack or grab after u start to attack, that they forget how long the usmash lasts, and as long as they take off the shield, they get hit.

800 posts!!!!!!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea the ftilt, utilt,and fsmash can all hit below the stage.

down tilting def works good against fast fallers. i try to land it during sheild mindgame sessions, like if u and the opponent end up shielding next to each other. just gotta read em. it also works great from an l cancelled fast fallen fair.

one thing iv been discovering lately is the great use of the usmash. if you attack someones shield with it, they are so used to taking down their shield to attack or grab after u start to attack, that they forget how long the usmash lasts, and as long as they take off the shield, they get hit.

800 posts!!!!!!!!

-edit: sorry for the double post, smashboards started laggging like crazy and i didnt think my quick reply went through so i did a regular reply, but both went through lol.

801 posts!!!!!!!!

VA

Smash Hero
So dudes, anyone able to tell me whether bombing out of shield is any good? If so, what when where who and why?

Mars-

Smash Champion
down tilt is a move i lack and never use almost, it is mainly a spacing move i think
It's more of a move you use when you know that they will get back on anyway. When you hit fast fallers trying to recover with this, they will DI over your head which gives you a chance to hit them again.

Top Bottom