• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus' Air Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Xyro he just placed fact in YOUR face and you don't believe it. You're preaching but not practicng.

Oddly enough, in the topic "Tips and tactics to know as a Samus player" when I mentioned you could "force" an air release on metaknight by pummel I was corrected. But I never mentioned I would do only ONE pumel like KJ said and that's how I forced it. And these air releases that Dragon_omega tested are mentioned in the topic too

If you can get an air release on wario, plasma shot works everytime, as does utilt, zair etc.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Xyro he just placed fact in YOUR face and you don't believe it. You're preaching but not practicng.

Oddly enough, in the topic "Tips and tactics to know as a Samus player" when I mentioned you could "force" an air release on metaknight by pummel I was corrected. But I never mentioned I would do only ONE pumel like KJ said and that's how I forced it. And these air releases that Dragon_omega tested are mentioned in the topic too

If you can get an air release on wario, plasma shot works everytime, as does utilt, zair etc.
WHERE ARE THE VIDEOS OF IT WORKING ON live/good PLAYERS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
You don't need videos of live/good players if the frame data says that it will work, and that is my next project.
I will find the frame data, so it will prove whether or not the above can be done.
Hopefully i can get KJ to help me.

Xyro77

You don't need videos of live/good players if the frame data says that it will work, and that is my next project.
I will find the frame data, so it will prove whether or not the above can be done.
Frame data does not determine if a human can do something. There are no vids of it in the 2+ years this game has been out. It dont work.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Numbers do not lie Xyro. If the frame data were to say that an Air-released MK regains controls after 50 frames, and Samus can buffer a command that can hit MK in 45 frame, simply put, the human opponent can't do **** about it. You can't cheat frames. The only way they can't get hit in that way is if the Samus inputs too late. (Those examples were purely hypothetical)

Xyro77

Numbers do not lie Xyro. If the frame data were to say that an Air-released MK regains controls after 50 frames, and Samus can buffer a command that can hit MK in 45 frame, simply put, the human opponent can't do **** about it. You can't cheat frames. The only way they can't get hit in that way is if the Samus inputs too late. (Those examples were purely hypothetical)
if it were possible then it would have been done by now on good people. it hasnt so its not possible untill proven otherwise

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
That's like saying a dog isn't a dog until it barks.
Regardeless, perhaps it hasn't been used because:
A)There aren't that many Samus mains who would try it.
B)Most Samus mains don't know about it.
C)Like Th3 Composser said, since all but one air-release option is a zair, most Samus mains would plain not want to.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Xyro, stop being dumb/trolling. If frame data says it works, it doesn't matter how good you are, you will get hit.

I can be the best **** Wario in the world, but I'm still getting fsmashed by Ganondorf if I get grabbed.

Not to say that I know for sure if it will even work. But even if it does work, throwing will still probably be the best option regardless

Throwback

Smash Lord
pretty plausible that it hasn't been discovered. Think about your options when you grab (that include pummelling):
1) you pummel then throw ASAP
2) you pummel until grab release.

How often do you pummel then stop for half a second while you wait for grab release? It just doesn't happen.

I hope this is real - tipper zair on high % can set up some nice ledgeguard kills.

I will be happy to help in anyway possible.

Frame data does not determine if a human can do something. There are no vids of it in the 2+ years this game has been out. It dont work.

Anyway, I'm glad people have been testing this out. Xyro if you do not have anything positive to say in this thread then please keep it to yourself.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
interesting, I actually knew you can force an air release on certain small characters, but I didn't realize the list was this big. I'm not going to comment on the viability, because that needs testing, but 3 questions:
1)I thought I read somewhere that its impossible to buffer out of a throw, does that mean its impossible to buffer an attack out of an air release? because trying to hit MK with a sh zair is mad hard, and I do a lot of buffered shzairs.
2)How does DI, SDI, and damage play into the trajectory of the released person?
3)Is it limitted to just one pummel, or any number before they are released? From what I remember, you can keep pummeling, right up to the point where they are about to break out, at which point you have to stop a little early so that you'll get an air release.

I do agree somewhat with xyro though, but also with Omega. I want to see a vid in a 1v1, no computers.
I'll try to test it myself a little today, and if I find anything worthwhile I'll let you know.

Throwback

Smash Lord
pretty sure zair is un-bufferable - try to rising zair snake in training mode, if you hit z during the SH animation, zair won't even come out.

edit: Also the whole idea behind the release is that you STOP before they are released. If you don't stop, they will get ground released as normal.

Xyro77

Untill vids are released this is false hope and a complete waste of time.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm a bit back and forth with Xyro and Omega. I belive it's possible, but i wouldn't think it any real use unless i see it done in a match.

Until somebody can provide some results, I will leave this thread closed and allow people to PM me their findings, which I will post in the combos section of the guide.

I have handed out warnings accordingly for flaming and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom