• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Deserves Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
No, heres the truth.

Im so F-ing mad right now! You people create stupid threads like this but when it comes to actually improving samus and the tier list.....you fail to contribute. I know i made dumb threads here and there but i am ALWAYS trying to help people or better this board/samus. There are a SELECT few who throw up some USEFULL info on these boards but 90% of you do not. WTF is wrong with all of you? I know you want to have fun with the game and thats just fine but plz dont post in this board unless you also plan on trying to better this community.

Another thing, these boards are LAZY. Every match-up guide thus far has FAILED because people are lazy or just flat out attend events. How do you expect samus to ever get better with only 3-4 people actually DOING some thing with her? How do you people expect us to be noticed/respected if we cant even have threads like a video database(it took us a YEAR to get a UPDATED one) or match-up guide(mine is the 3rd one. it will not fail)?

no wonder why HuGs never came back and no wonder tudor rarely posts here any more...........

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
^ Thanks for setting the example with your ample contributions of trash threads back in the day.

And when people actually TRY to do something productive towards Samus's metagame you criticize them for being incompetent or flat out wrong.

You should not complain that people don't try these days, it's partly your fault that people have given up. If everything they do is wrong, and their attempts to correct themselves are wrong too, and your information is the only accurate source, why shouldn't you just do everything for us?

10broilersjokes

Crystanium

Smash Hero
No, heres the truth.

Im so F-ing mad right now! You people create stupid threads like this but when it comes to actually improving samus and the tier list.....you fail to contribute. I know i made dumb threads here and there but i am ALWAYS trying to help people or better this board/samus. There are a SELECT few who throw up some USEFULL info on these boards but 90% of you do not. WTF is wrong with all of you? I know you want to have fun with the game and thats just fine but plz dont post in this board unless you also plan on trying to better this community.

Another thing, these boards are LAZY. Every match-up guide thus far has FAILED because people are lazy or just flat out attend events. How do you expect samus to ever get better with only 3-4 people actually DOING some thing with her? How do you people expect us to be noticed/respected if we cant even have threads like a video database(it took us a YEAR to get a UPDATED one) or match-up guide(mine is the 3rd one. it will not fail)?

no wonder why HuGs never came back and no wonder tudor rarely posts here any more...........
My apologies, Xyro. I agree with you, and I understand where you're coming from. I've tried my part, and you know that. The information I sent you, I've tried. I do care, because I've also told you the same thing what you said in here. I wish I could attend tournaments, Xyro, and I plan on attending Genesis this coming July. You can count on that.

n00b said:
^ Thanks for setting the example with your ample contributions of trash threads back in the day.

And when people actually TRY to do something productive towards Samus's metagame you criticize them for being incompetent or flat out wrong.

You should not complain that people don't try these days, it's partly your fault that people have given up. If everything they do is wrong, and their attempts to correct themselves are wrong too, and your information is the only accurate source, why shouldn't you just do everything for us?

10broilersjokes
n00b, that's old news. Xyro is trying this time. Yes, he did make joke threads and stuff, but he's also the one who made that ultimate database for Samus, and he was the one who suggested to me a number of times to create that Samus video thread, since the other ones sucked and were never updated. Xyro is trying this time, and he has stated before that we should all be attending tournaments to represent Samus. And hey, if we're not attending tournaments, we should be learning the match-ups for Samus anyway.

Don't say Xyro is partially the reason people gave up. We're all to blame, really, except maybe for the people who have actually tried to contribute in the Samus community. What Xyro said there, I told that to Xyro when I had my match-up guide up. I sent a PM to Xyro, telling him stuff like, "I'm tired of the Samus board. They're lazy." I told him, "They can all remain stagnant while I will improve. Hm. The stagnant Samus board." Seriously, that's what the Samus board is, and I'm with Xyro here.

I'm sick and tired of this laziness. No one is participating, or if they do, it's not a whole lot. Hell, I told people when I was making my Samus guide that they should participate with me in getting in-game experience so that we won't only be discussing in theory, but also in practice! No one, not one person that I know, bothered helping me here. I went to the Bowser board and the Captain Falcon board to collect information by brawling with different players, and no one else bothered joining me. I went to try the Diddy Kong board, and no one bothered. That's the stagnant Samus board for you.

Xyro77

10broilersjokes
creating trash threads if fine(we need to have fun sometimes) but if you dont contribute GOOD things(which i have OVER AND OVER) then you become a waste to this board.

and for example, when a moron like royta makes a thread saying ike has an advantage on samus (55-45 was it) how can i sit back and say "NICE INFO" or "hey guys, royta is soooo smart" when hes not and his info is totally wrong.

For the record, i do not prevent people in any way from doing things. They(the people) make a CHOICE if they are offended or if give up. Dryn for example gave up on his guide due to carter and some other idiots complaining. Dryn chose to let it get to him so dont try to attach me to other people being lazy or afraid. Trash talk is every where you go. its a choice to let it have an effect on you.

Panix

Smash Ace
creating trash threads if fine(we need to have fun sometimes) but if you dont contribute GOOD things(which i have OVER AND OVER) then you become a waste to this board.

and for example, when a moron like royta makes a thread saying ike has an advantage on samus (55-45 was it) how can i sit back and say "NICE INFO" or "hey guys, royta is soooo smart" when hes not and his info is totally wrong.

For the record, i do not prevent people in any way from doing things. They(the people) make a CHOICE if they are offended or if give up. Dryn for example gave up on his guide due to carter and some other idiots complaining. Dryn chose to let it get to him so dont try to attach me to other people being lazy or afraid. Trash talk is every where you go. its a choice to let it have an effect on you.
Yelling at your board is no way to get them to start helping. That would make me more arrogant to want to help.

Xyro77

Yelling at your board is no way to get them to start helping. That would make me more arrogant to want to help.
and people like you are why things get so bad. you want to "get me back" cause im pointing out whats wrong with this community. By saying it would make you more arrogant means you are CHOOSE-ing to not improve the situation in any way.

in fact ive even admitted i took part in the stupidity but yet ive corrected my ways by trying to improve this scene. im not saying ALL of you do it but 90% fo you do.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You sound like Dark Pch.
Don't compare Xyro with Dark.Pch. He is nothing like that sad sap of an attention-***** who cries all the time about people picking on him, or how he thinks he sucks as a Peach main.

And Xyro, I wasn't going to give up on my guide after you had encouraged me. You can check out the blog entry that I wrote here a while back. I don't mind that you created a new one.

linkvoid13

Smash Cadet
Darn straight.

Tiers only mean one thing for me: If I can play badass with a supposed unplayable-tier character, that just destroys the stereotype. Some people here seem to just limit themselves by what other ppl say. Idiocy.

Kudos to Xyro, for helping to break that stereotype.

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, some people are making it seem like discussing all of Samus' fabulous AT's in Brawl is going to make her better. There's only so much you can do with what you're given, no matter how much you try. Sure, discussing is a lot better than keeping your mouths shut, but it's not like Samus has that much going for her anyway - face the truth. Talking about Samus won't magically make her better.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
The only way to increase anything is practice. Discussion of AT's is fine but AT's is not everything. Skill> AT's.

And even though I don't main samus, I love metroid and wish she got more recognition in the smash scene for brawl. (Granted I don't know if there is more representation for her or not, I've never seen samus mains in person..)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but who on earth mentioned anything about advanced techniques? Wait, I know! No one. Just in case you two haven't noticed, the Samus board hasn't had a good Samus guide to discuss match-ups. That's what we're really talking about here. When you two are ready to actually pay attention instead of blabbering off your opinions, it's probably a good idea to not say anything.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I wasn't referring to all At's like it was a big point for samus, but for all characters in general. lol Sorry about the confusion I guess?

ADHD

Smash Hero
No, heres the truth.

She is not a viable character and people don't feel like trying anymore. Look at the falcon boards, they've given up because there isn't hope.

Xyro77

She is not a viable character and people don't feel like trying anymore. Look at the falcon boards, they've given up because there isn't hope.

unlike you i dont give up. i will make her better. im not askin for top tier.

she is viable. i have proven this over and over again. you dont need to win an event to be considered viable.

CO18

Smash Hero
yea shes not gonna improve if only 4 ppl use her in tournament / noone discusses her, shes got decent potential if people can figure out how to consistently kill with her

Xyro77

yea shes not gonna improve if only 4 ppl use her in tournament / noone discusses her, shes got decent potential if people can figure out how to consistently kill with her

you dont remember the melee days.

chu brought ICs up

hugs/wess brought samus up

linkvoid13

Smash Cadet
shes got decent potential if people can figure out how to consistently kill with her
Exactly the reason why people should stop taking the easy way out, so to say, by complaining Samus isn't good enough and giving up, and should instead try to improve.

What do you do if a game is too hard for you? Do you sell it and forget about it or do you get smart and get around your trouble spot?

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
Which ones?
Honestly, some people are making it seem like discussing all of Samus' fabulous AT's in Brawl is going to make her better. There's only so much you can do with what you're given, no matter how much you try. Sure, discussing is a lot better than keeping your mouths shut, but it's not like Samus has that much going for her anyway - face the truth. Talking about Samus won't magically make her better.

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
unlike you i dont give up. i will make her better. im not askin for top tier.

she is viable. i have proven this over and over again. you dont need to win an event to be considered viable.
Ahh, I remember Phanna saying in the early Brawl days he would do the same with Samus. Still waitin' on that one.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Who are these some people you're talking about? Nobody. What are the ATs you're talking about, or claiming other people are talking about? There aren't any. Samus mains just need to exert more effort and creativity to win. Talking can definitely spur some creative ideas, but of course we know she isn't top tier..

Don't we all know Samus is trash and that we enjoy playing her for the satisfaction of defying tier lists once in a while? Dayum.

EDIT: I have also seen Xyro first hand go undefeated in pools against one of SoCal's strongest Metaknight players, forcing him to switch to Snake. Xyro beat his snake too..

Xyro77

EDIT: I have also seen Xyro first hand go undefeated in pools against one of SoCal's strongest Metaknight players, forcing him to switch to Snake. Xyro beat his snake too..
I "jizzed in my pants."
i 2-0ed him. 2 stocked his meta and one stocked his snake

Ahh, I remember Phanna saying in the early Brawl days he would do the same with Samus. Still waitin' on that one.
phanna switched to marth and doesnt really pla anymore.

unlike him. i actually accomplish things. tides will turn

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
Who are these some people you're talking about? Nobody. What are the ATs you're talking about, or claiming other people are talking about? There aren't any. Samus mains just need to exert more effort and creativity to win. Talking can definitely spur some creative ideas, but of course we know she isn't top tier..

Don't we all know Samus is trash and that we enjoy playing her for the satisfaction of defying tier lists once in a while? Dayum.

The people complaining about not getting the discussion? Xyro. No AT's? Exactly my point... Putting more effort in? I completely agree with.

Xyro77

The people complaining about not getting the discussion? Xyro. No AT's? Exactly my point... Putting more effort in? I completely agree with.
explain your self about ATs cause i have a thread at the top of this board that says otherwise.

ATs have NOTHING to do with the lazy-ness of this board. gtfo please, your a moron

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
explain your self about ATs cause i have a thread at the top of this board that says otherwise.

ATs have NOTHING to do with the lazy-ness of this board. gtfo please, your a moron
I never mentioned the laziness of these boards. Oh, by the way, you're* a moron.

Xyro77

Heh, give up why don't you. Not to mention I don't consider Z-air or Missile Canceling an "Advanced Move," but rather common ****ing knowledge of the **** character.
missle canceling was an AT in melee(**** your stupid) and its STILL in brawl so its STILL a AT(common sense, poop face).........you obviously arnt to good at this game. or you just dont know what an AT is.

in eather case, YOU ARE TRASH, you dont know anything, and please go DIE.

ROFLMFAO! Mr. i joined in jan 2008

PS: no **** zair isnt an advanced tech. about 99% of one swf know this. im sad that 1%(you) just figured it out. Again, plz run out into the middle of you nearest highway and jump in front of a moving car(or do you not know what that is?...LOLOLOL)

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
missle canceling was an AT in melee(**** your stupid) and its STILL in brawl so its STILL a AT(common sense, poop face).........you obviously arnt to good at this game. or you just dont know what an AT is.

in eather case, YOU ARE TRASH and please go DIE.

ROFLMFAO!

PS: no **** zair isnt an advanced tech. about 99% of one swf know this. im sad that 1%(you) just figured it out. Again, plz run out into the middle of you nearest highway and jump in front of a moving car(or do you not know what that is?...LOLOLOL)
That is terrible logic, an AT in one game doesn't automatically make it an AT in another. Now we're making assumptions, eh? No **** Zair isn't an AT? First, I said Advance Move, just like how you claimed Zair is an advanced move in your thread. Please never become a lawyer.

Edit: In simpler terms for you, you pretty much owned yourself for me. ;3

Edit #2: Congratulations Xyro, I hope you feel happy for getting owned in an argument by someone four years younger than you, with a join date of January 2008. How'd you like that gigantic smack in the face? Hope that makes you feel better, nighty night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom