• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Deserves Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkvoid13

Smash Cadet
Honestly, some people are making it seem like discussing all of Samus' fabulous AT's in Brawl is going to make her better. There's only so much you can do with what you're given, no matter how much you try. Sure, discussing is a lot better than keeping your mouths shut, but it's not like Samus has that much going for her anyway - face the truth. Talking about Samus won't magically make her better.
Your argument is that Samus had a lack of skills, setting a limit on how good a Samus player can be. Whatever that limit is is irrelevant, if this limit even exists, since even though this limit is there, Samus players still beat good high-tier-character players. Xyro, among others, is living proof of this.

So what does this mean? In actuality, the only limit is the skill level of the player.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
That is terrible logic, an AT in one game doesn't automatically make it an AT in another. Now we're making assumptions, eh? No **** Zair isn't an AT? First, I said Advance Move, just like how you claimed Zair is an advanced move in your thread. Please never become a lawyer.

Edit: In simpler terms for you, you pretty much owned yourself for me. ;3

Edit #2: Congratulations Xyro, I hope you feel happy for getting owned in an argument by someone four years younger than you, with a join date of January 2008. How'd you like that gigantic smack in the face? Hope that makes you feel better, nighty night.
We are talking about samus and no one else. samus missle cancel was considered an AT in melee and if its back in brawl and its the same EXACT thing(which it is) then its an AT. i cant believe you are this stupid.

2ndly, look in my thread and READ this time(if you know how) and you will see that in the description of zair it says its not an AT but i mentioned it under "advanced moves" because its the first step in becomming a SEMI decent samus. Yet again you seem to be the master of failing.

why am i even arguing with you? You have not placed well with samus, you havnt done anything with samus( i bet shes like your 24th main) and your most likely from gamefaqs.com so you are ALWAYS right.

Your argument is that Samus had a lack of skills, setting a limit on how good a Samus player can be. Whatever that limit is is irrelevant, if this limit even exists, since even though this limit is there, Samus players still beat good high-tier-character players. Xyro, among others, is living proof of this.

So what does this mean? In actuality, the only limit is the skill level of the player.
BOOM

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman

What are you trying to prove to me? Samus herself doesn't have a lack of skills, just a lack of AT's, great kill moves, etc. compared to other characters.

We are talking about samus and no one else. samus missle cancel was considered an AT in melee and if its back in brawl and its the same EXACT thing(which it is) then its an AT. i cant believe you are this stupid.

2ndly, look in my thread and READ this time(if you know how) and you will see that in the description of zair it says its not an AT but i mentioned it under "advanced moves" because its the first step in becomming a SEMI decent samus. Yet again you seem to be the master of failing.

why am i even arguing with you? You have not placed well with samus, you havnt done anything with samus( i bet shes like your 24th main) and your most likely from gamefaqs.com so you are ALWAYS right.

BOOM
Why would I bother to read your entire thread? It was under the category, so if it didn't belong there, don't put it there. Even more assumptions that don't help you one bit, keep 'em coming.

Why is that?
It's hardly the same timing or usefulness, so now it comes to your definition of an AT. Apparently, the input of jumping and timing a missile that any person with an average IQ could do is considered an AT by your standards - not by mine.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
^ you MUST be new.. pleaaase stop making sweeping generalizations about either the game, Samus, or the Samus community.

you're basically wrong or not entirely correct on everything you say. attacking grammar won't help you, neither will attacking intelligence.

bottom line, you're doing nothing to contribute to this forum by doing this, so why don't you sit back, put down your keyboard, and read up a bit first..

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
^ you MUST be new.. pleaaase stop making sweeping generalizations about either the game, Samus, or the Samus community.

you're basically wrong or not entirely correct on everything you say. attacking grammar won't help you, neither will attacking intelligence.

bottom line, you're doing nothing to contribute to this forum by doing this, so why don't you sit back, put down your keyboard, and read up a bit first..

What generalizations did I make? Attacks on Xyro's grammar came only after an attack on me. Not correct based on your own judgements? Please elaborate on that one. I don't think ANYONE posting on this thread is contributing anything.

Edit: /sigh The assumptions never end! I don't believe a year on SWF is "new," and playing smash since 64 definitely isn't either.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It's hardly the same timing or usefulness, so now it comes to your definition of an AT. Apparently, the input of jumping and timing a missile that any person with an average IQ could do is considered an AT by your standards - not by mine.
Well, thank you for not only insulting me, but also Jewdo, Vyse, and the rest of the Smash community. If you actually took the time to read in the Brawl Tactical Discussion, you would be aware that Jewdo and Vyse have made a distinction between a "True AT" and a "Character-Specific AT." Guess what? In the Character-Specific AT section, Missile Canceling is regarded as an AT. And I don't know what timing and usefulness have to do with it being an AT or not an AT. Pit has a lot of ATs, but people will agree that most of them are useless.

[22 JAN said:
Comprehensive Guide to AT's, Discoveries and Glitches (Posting Rules in OP) by Vyse]1. True AT's - techniques all characters can do, genuinely useful exploits and tricks.

[...]

5. Character-Specific AT's and Glitches - Special techniques that can be performed only by certain characters.
If you do decide to check what other ATs Samus has, she may have more than you would probably see in the Character-Specific AT/Glitches section, like the Hyphen Smash, Turn Around B, Glide Tossing, Edge Grabbing, Fox Trotting, &c. And hey, look, even Fox Trotting, something that was in Melee, is considered a "True AT" in Brawl by the standards of the Smash community. Feel free to contribute to the Samus board or anywhere else here instead of insulting us and talking about ATs, which, by the way, no one was talking about in the first place.

ALLSTAR41

Smash Cadet
I choose to ignore all the negativity about samus being trash. I am choosing to make the effort to make samus a better player, to turn heads. Im with you Xyro!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Well, thank you for not only insulting me, but also Jewdo, Vyse, and the rest of the Smash community. If you actually took the time to read in the Brawl Tactical Discussion, you would be aware that Jewdo and Vyse have made a distinction between a "True AT" and a "Character-Specific AT." Guess what? In the Character-Specific AT section, Missile Canceling is regarded as an AT. And I don't know what timing and usefulness have to do with it being an AT or not an AT. Pit has a lot of ATs, but people will agree that most of them are useless.

If you do decide to check what other ATs Samus has, she may have more than you would probably see in the Character-Specific AT/Glitches section, like the Hyphen Smash, Turn Around B, Glide Tossing, Edge Grabbing, Fox Trotting, &c. And hey, look, even Fox Trotting, something that was in Melee, is considered a "True AT" in Brawl by the standards of the Smash community. Feel free to contribute to the Samus board or anywhere else here instead of insulting us and talking about ATs, which, by the way, no one was talking about in the first place.

DAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

dryn just cleaned his clock!

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
What generalizations did I make?
See:
Samus herself doesn't have a lack of skills, just a lack of AT's, great kill moves, etc. compared to other characters.

I don't think ANYONE posting on this thread is contributing anything.
We are trying to make you stop so we can get on with real business. Also we are contributing to lulz.

Edit: /sigh The assumptions never end! I don't believe a year on SWF is "new," and playing smash since 64 definitely isn't either.
How long you play smash does not mean anything. I played smash since I was like 10 years old but I didn't play competitively til 13, which was in 2003 (see my join date). There is quite a difference between the game and the metagame.

Furthermore, your ethos and etiquette as far as a message board goes does not fit within the expectations of the rest of the users here, so in a way, you can be perceived as "new".

Regardless -- the fact that you are arguing that Samus doesn't have ATs or that our definitions are wrong (even though already disproven with credible evidence by Dryn) is ridiculous in itself and should stop, regardless of who you think is right. Why are you so defensive? Nobody really cares who you are unless you're helping Samus, which you aren't.

I'm done glhfggnore

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman

If you want to consider that "advanced," by all means go for it... My main point here in the first place, which people seem to have forgot, is that she really doesn't have much to be discussed.
There's only so much you can do with what you're given
Can't have too much fun talking about missile canceling all day...

See:

We are trying to make you stop so we can get on with real business. Also we are contributing to lulz.

How long you play smash does not mean anything. I played smash since I was like 10 years old but I didn't play competitively til 13, which was in 2003 (see my join date). There is quite a difference between the game and the metagame.

Furthermore, your ethos and etiquette as far as a message board goes does not fit within the expectations of the rest of the users here, so in a way, you can be perceived as "new".

Regardless -- the fact that you are arguing that Samus doesn't have ATs or that our definitions are wrong (even though already disproven with credible evidence by Dryn) is ridiculous in itself and should stop, regardless of who you think is right. Why are you so defensive? Nobody really cares who you are unless you're helping Samus, which you aren't.

I'm done glhfggnore
If being new is irrelevant, I don't see what the point of bringing it up was for then. I'm not arguing whether she has any AT's or not, I do believe she has no extraordinary ones though. No one is forcing you to post here, preventing you from getting to all this real business you have. Sure, that generalization may be incorrect, but there's no way to prove or disprove it - that's why they're useful.

By the way, I'm not here to impress or prove myself to anyone.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
If you want to consider that "advanced," by all means go for it... My main point here in the first place, which people seem to have forgot, is that she really doesn't have much to be discussed.
If you are using "you" in the plural, then I and the rest of the Smash community will consider that "advanced." If you are using "you" in the singular, then you ignored what I just said. There are thirty-five characters in Brawl, and so there is going to be much discussion in regard to the match-ups between Samus and the rest of the roster. Not only that, but I am working on something that will be known only by a few Samus mains here, which, I hope, will benefit us greatly. If you think there isn't much to discuss, then you're more than welcome to go to the other character boards where you'll likely enjoy more discussions talk.

Solo Assass1n said:
Can't have too much fun talking about missile canceling all day...
The saga continues. So, I ask again, and I am going to emphasize the important part of the question, Prior to n00b and Xyro entering this discussion with you, who said anything about ATs?

By the way, I'm not here to impress or prove myself to anyone.
We know that. Instead, you're here thinking you're actually contributing to something, when in reality you're not. And it's ironic, considering by you, there isn't much to discuss. Please, go away.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Dryn -- don't waste your time.. decent Samus mains know how to camp and spam, this argument would last forever.

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
If you are using "you" in the plural, then I and the rest of the Smash community will consider that "advanced." If you are using "you" in the singular, then you ignored what I just said. There are thirty-five characters in Brawl, and so there is going to be much discussion in regard to the match-ups between Samus and the rest of the roster. Not only that, but I am working on something that will be known only by a few Samus mains here, which, I hope, will benefit us greatly. If you think there isn't much to discuss, then you're more than welcome to go to the other character boards where you'll likely enjoy more discussions talk.

The saga continues. So, I ask again, and I am going to emphasize the important part of the question, Prior to n00b and Xyro entering this discussion with you, who said anything about ATs?

We know that. Instead, you're here thinking you're actually contributing to something, when in reality you're not. And it's ironic, considering by you, there isn't much to discuss. Please, go away.
I just happened to mention AT's after Xyro's *****ing about people not discussing Sammy enough, something along those lines. That's partly the reason I rarely post here, nothing out of the ordinary in here for me to talk about. I never said anything about discussion with match ups, sure that can be discussed in depth. Off topic, the chat on it is not the most important to creating a better Samus. People can talk about her for decades, but it's the execution of those tactics, which wields the best results.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Allow me to contribute to the original topic as well as the ongoing discussion:

Play Metroid games. Y'see, many techniques come from video games. If you wish to find AT's, then playing the games can actually help you think of moves to do. Example being Lucario's wall cling and Samus's wall jump. Some tricks in anime/games the character was in may have been secretly thrown into Brawl, so keep the Metroid spirit alive! One thing you can do is... okay, I've gone from board to board asking what they can do with their Neutral B so I can figure out what to do with Kirby's Copy Abilities in hopes of creating a comprehensive guide in that Kirby mains know how to use the powers that they acquire. Eventually I will get around to the Samus boards, but you can analyze all of the uses of each of Samus's moves. What I do is ask, and then compile everyone's uses for the move, allowing Samus players to learn better uses for their moves and benefit from each other's input. Sort of like a matchup thread, but with moves. I'd make it, but I'm maintaining a Copy Ability thread and a thread about the power of Aura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom