• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus eats me alive

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
Missiles ruin my approach, her dsmash is at least as fast as mine, and has superior range, her fsmash is incredible, her uair is very tough to avoid, her sex kick is just barely worse than mine, and everything I do seems to be ineffective.

What do y'all do against her? If you counterpick a different charachter, who? If you know of a level where luigi is at less of a disadvantage, which? (I've heard battlefield, but Luigi's iffy recovery combined with samus's good edgeguarding is hurtful.)

Super Samus 99

Smash Apprentice
If missiles are bothering you,try putting enough pressure on her so she can't shoot them.For stage-picking,avoid Dream Land,Pokemon Stadium,Battlefield and I think Final Destination.All of them except Pokemon Stadium have far-out boundaries,causing her to survive alot.On Dream Land,Battlefield and Pokemon Stadium,she can shoot missiles like crazy because of the platform placement.Especially avoid Dream Land,because of missile frenzies and the far boundaries,especially the ceiling.I suck as Luigi,so I can't tell you anything about brawling.Wait,I do got somethin'.Try wavedashing quickly and swiftly to pressure her.

4% APR

Smash Champion
I like Yoshi Story for this matchup. The sides are real short so she can't use her incredible recovery. It's a pretty small stage so she may have trouble shooting things at you. You can keep on her pretty well here also. If you don't feel comfortable here I guess you could just try different things and see what you like.

Yep

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Your recovery is garbage, so never get hit off the stage. Always try to keep Samus in the air.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Samus will basically live forever on any stages other than Yoshi's Story or Fountain of Dreams so counterpick with those.

If possible, approach her through the air instead of the ground because she will crouch cancel literally EVERYTHING you do.

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, everybody. I'm thinking of finding a counterpick. Luigi's done pretty well for me overall, but I have a friend. He mostly plays Ganon, Samus, and Shiek. Ganon's beatable, but hella tough, and shiek and samus seem impossible. For those two, would trying Falco be a good idea?

TheBlackNoodle

Smash Rookie
Learn how to wavedash and powershield at the same time. I've done that a few times to a Samus and it ****s her up big time. That'll make your approach unstoppable if she's spamming missiles.

If she's prepared for an attack, you never want to be on even ground with her--she outranges you on the ground and her crouch cancelling is sick. If she's grounded, she's weak from the top. If she's in the air, she's slow from the bottom. When you're close, try attacking from above with d-air or f-air.. If you know she likes to use u-air, fake a jump, waveland, and come from underneath with a u-air or f-air. Keep her wary of what you're going to do.

Another option when you get close is to short hop like you're going to come from above, then tornado in from the side. At worst you'll get hit with an f-smash, but you've got probably a better than 50% chance of either hitting her or cancelling her smash.

EDIT: And Falco's good for a fight with just about everyone.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Yup, falco is a great choice against Samus. He does pretty good against sheik and ganon as well.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
well, i have a fuy that plays with samus and he is pretty good, but i beat him just for one reason, the priority of luigi attaks is higher than samus
so i just attak him from air or i counter fast with WD, is hard to get near of her, but, u dont have to hurry,and dont desesperate, just attk him wit a hit of mor priority..

MikeyLombardi

Smash Cadet
A Falco shouldn't have that hard of a time against Samus. Reflector and Shine Cancels should be enough to fare against a fighting turret Samus. And if your Samus opponent likes to fight up close, then your speed should do the trick.

Ryuker Reo

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha, the title made me laugh. That's exactly what Brownie tells me all the time.

Anyways, try using Falco. I always have a though time against Falcos.

Top Bottom