• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Gameplay Videos

ChoZoX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChoZoX

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Samus's ledge trump is so good lol. I think I saw you post in the Tampa Smash fb group before. You should come out to our fests sometime.
Yeah I post in the fb group sometimes. I'll hit up a fest or tournament eventually, I'm pretty busy on the weekdays though.

I uploaded more vids:

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
I love the downb plus power missile shield pressure on the Peach match at 3:21. Good use of bombs for attack and defense simultaneously.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Match I did for an online tourney recently. Will post other replays as they get uploaded.

(anyone know why Super Missile randomly beat out Arcfire at 11:39? A lot of people have been asking me).

ChoZoX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChoZoX
If you're using customs, the slow missiles is the only viable move. Everything else is a huge downgrade.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Match I did for an online tourney recently. Will post other replays as they get uploaded.

(anyone know why Super Missile randomly beat out Arcfire at 11:39? A lot of people have been asking me).
I think this is the most exciting set I've seen in Sm4sh so far.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Whats the benefit of Fairing when you're near the blast zone?

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
F-air turns into a kill move, for one. If at high % or with rage (or both), it will net you ridiculously early KO's that are difficult to avoid.

If you're asking why do it blankly/when you're the one near the blast zone, it's to discourage people or get them to anticipate/airdodge.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
I think this is the most exciting set I've seen in Sm4sh so far.
Good stuff. My only critique is that I think you could have stood to pressure more from afar, and utilize the trip bombs more. Punishing approaches using trip bombs to the slow charge shot seems viable. It didn't seem like he had many option against your ranged pressure using the relentless missiles, and taking the effort to avoid them almost always put Pit into a bad position. Even some more uncharged shot in the mix I think would have helped secure a victory. Great video either way. Good to see some of Samus' customs put to work.

Also the aerial maneuvers to charge shot retaliation at 13:49 was godlike, and then the crazy tether at the end?Good stuff, sir.

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Some of my Samus play, with commentary. I'll be uploading more Samus videos as well!

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
What happened at 2:30 is what makes me hesitant in using Tether for recovery :[

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
The comments are pretty depressing.
What about that handshake though?

Get a load of this comment:
"MauriXio EX75 aka MoChi
2 weeks ago

Typical Stock Samus player, no finesse , or creativity with her moves. Still haven't seen any Samus as good as mine."

What kills me is the Falcon player pop off at the end. It's almost as if he worked hard for that two stock.

Last edited:

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
i got an elgato for christmas so like heres a short vid against a pretty good mario he just wasn't used to a non-campy samus.. did i mention i love offstage charge shot?

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Good to see, but wish she was better represented. This person doesnt seem to be a long time samus player.
If he switched to Samus he must have had confidence in her. I feel like he just had no momentum in his favor which is usually a death sentence. Who knows how well he could have done if he had been able to live longer.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Faced hella Villagers today, and had hella fun battlin them offstage

3DS For Glory

Feigned edgeguard to b reversal is something im really starting to like, catches a lot of people off guard

More Charge Shot fun

Wii U For Glory

Some nice edgeguarding

Nice Combo to take first stock (having only recently got the Wii U version never realised how much smaller the blastzones were)

Overall feel like maybe I Dash Attacked + Rolled too much, but it seems like the easiest way to get through Villagers constant pressure

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
If he switched to Samus he must have had confidence in her. I feel like he just had no momentum in his favor which is usually a death sentence. Who knows how well he could have done if he had been able to live longer.
thats true, but he did a lot of things that many learned Samus players just know not to do, like land with a fair with no airborne target.

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
Another vid of my Samus. Thoughts, comments?

Some of my thoughts.
@0:29 Instead of waiting for Falcon to land, jumping out of shield into an U-air/F-air would have been a better option.
@1:56 An edge drop U-air instead of a Z-air would have probably worked better here.
@2:37 Grabbing out of charge shot is a good mix up for times like this.

You should probably try to implement some pivot grabs into your playstyle.
Against alot of the more rushdown characters (Falcon,Sonic,Sheik,ect.) I find using bombs is not a very good idea unless you've got them in a edge guard situation.

Everything else looks pretty good to me.

Last edited:

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Some online stuff vs a marth on anther's ladder, tried to pick the best/most interesting:

Dumb SDs or whatever but I hope the second KO makes up for it.

This was a few days after the first, but there's a lot of interesting stuff here: perfect pivot fsmashes, the reverse missile ledgegrab thing, bomb/throw mixups, but most notably, 1:12 I do some weird autolandcancel with a rising uair from edge. Thoughts?

Close match i just style at the end tho lol

Last edited:

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Another vid of my Samus. Thoughts, comments?

Good stuff man! I think you had a lot of opportunities to up+b out of shield that you didn't capitalize on, as well as some missed opportunities to get earlier kills on Falcon. Still though, winning with Samus is winning in life. Great vid.

ChoZoX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChoZoX
This weekend, Rohins and me will be at Paragon. We even got put into the same pool, haha. We're in pool D2. Make sure to check out this stream on the weekend for some Samus action: http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Great vids guys, all around. My Samus plays considerably different than most of you, which is weird.
I kick like 10x more. F-tilt at all angles and a lot of pivot tilt.
I need to post some vids.

What I think the thread needs as well is vids of close matches that are defeats. Post those defeats!

Last edited:

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Well, here's a set of 3 For Glory's (in one video) that I did recently. I know I'm probably really rough around the edges, but I at least try to be a bit unpredictable when I fire Charge Shots, or try to time them in a way that makes them difficult to avoid. I'm not used to fighting Mega Man players very much at all, so I had to learn to counter him a bit better. Samus has been my main since the original, and I'm still striving to fully master her in this game! The second match is better than the first I think, but I hope you all enjoy viewing all the same.

Last edited:
Top Bottom