• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Gameplay Videos

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc

ChozoX on stream

He's made it to top 8!

ChozoX had the entire crowd on his side. The chat blew up when he got that offstage CS on Rosalina second set. Great job and good luck in the top 8, man.

EDIT: Just saw your last match, man. I could tell you were nervous towards the end but you did great making it so far. You are definitely a contender.

Last edited:

CyranoNester

Smash Rookie
I guess I'll post my Samus gameplay ^.^

I've been noticing myself using weird combos like Dair->Utilt and Uair->Bair, and I dont think I've seen other Samus's use these.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Was wondering if anyone had tips for my Samus. Any major mistakes in my play?
TOO many dashes and I feel like you coulda utillized fair and dsmash more but otherwise not bad. I don;t even play Samus but really wanna so bad so take my critique lightly but i think yours has a good core but is just rough around the edges/

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
@ n00b n00b : your drop off the ledge reverse charge shot off the wall on that gannon -insane. Input was a wall jump -> cancelled charge shot right? There is no B-reverse charge shot correct?

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
I got it.

EDIT: Holy @#%# I didn't know that. Major, major. Hit the stick *before* the CS. In the air or ground. Wow.

Last edited:

Doeboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scottzar
I'm trying to b-reverse the charge shot and all I'm getting is rolls on the ground (which I honestly didn't know about, so that's still useful) and nothing in the air.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
You can roll out of Charging Charge Shot by just pressing left or right yeah, and to do it in the air you want to:

jump > flick the stick in the opposite direction (and i mean flick, you want the circle pad/analogue stick to return to neutral asap) > Immediately press B

If you press B too quick you'll likely end up doing a super missile
If you don't flick quick enough you'll likely end up doing a Homing Missile
if you wait too long after flicking you wont reverse it

Xyro reccomended first practicing this with Falco's laser since it seems to have more forgiving timing

Last edited:

Doeboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scottzar
You can roll out of Charging Charge Shot by just pressing left or right yeah, and to do it in the air you want to:

jump > flick the stick in the opposite direction (and i mean flick, you want the circle pad/analogue stick to return to neutral asap) > Immediately press B

If you press B too quick you'll likely end up doing a super missile
If you don't flick quick enough you'll likely end up doing a Homing Missile
if you wait too long after flicking you wont reverse it

Xyro reccomended first practicing this with Falco's laser since it seems to have more forgiving timing
http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=yyJaYbGDkx0&p=n#/5;9

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Hi guys, here are a few more videos from online matches.
This particular Falcon preferred a heavy ground-game and dash-based approach. I used plenty of crossup bombs to maintain spacing and to prevent him from starting his game the way he wants to play it.

This match I break my opponent's shield using bombs, I just wanted to illustrate its utility in a match.

Again I get great shield pressure and end up stabbing through it with a charge shot for a KO in Ganon's second stock.

I got a cool combo in here then got hype and SD'd lol

Uncle Pie

Smash Rookie
This particular Falcon preferred a heavy ground-game and dash-based approach. I used plenty of crossup bombs to maintain spacing and to prevent him from starting his game the way he wants to play it.

... (vids)
What's with following up all your launches with nair? Fair comes out as fast (faster?), at a better angle and does more damage as well.

I love the bomb to CS combo after shield break, that's awesome.

To me all the vids in this thread show that even though we have some good players, samus has room to improve enormously over the next few years.

Fluidityt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cronot7
What's with following up all your launches with nair? Fair comes out as fast (faster?), at a better angle and does more damage as well.

I love the bomb to CS combo after shield break, that's awesome.

To me all the vids in this thread show that even though we have some good players, samus has room to improve enormously over the next few years.
So does Diddy. =[

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman

This match I break my opponent's shield using bombs, I just wanted to illustrate its utility in a match.

Again I get great shield pressure and end up stabbing through it with a charge shot for a KO in Ganon's second stock.

I got a cool combo in here then got hype and SD'd lol
Very cool. We have similar styles. I like the idea of the bomb cross up. Their shield pressure might be one if the best aspects of them. I also like the idea of using a full hop bomb as a frame trap, since you can recover out of morph ball and throw out an attack before actually landing, as we can see from your first shield break on Ganon, where you full hop bombed into falling uair. Great Samus play.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Had some fun games vs a Wario, definitely getting more comfortable with the match up

5 games total, and thank god fart doesnt do more shield damage

Last edited:

ChoZoX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChoZoX
Had some fun games vs a Wario, definitely getting more comfortable with the match up

5 games total, and thank god fart doesnt do more shield damage
Use up-b oos more. There were many opportunities instead of dropping shield.

Starhover

Smash Rookie
This is an older one I uploaded a little while ago.
Personally I feel like I've gotten way better since then though, especially after watching some gameplay videos here.
Aiming to be the best Samus in Texas!

leiraD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TacoShell
This is an older one I uploaded a little while ago.
Personally I feel like I've gotten way better since then though, especially after watching some gameplay videos here.
Aiming to be the best Samus in Texas!

Good stuff. I did notice that you often go for nair instead of uair -> uair. At mid and high percents, I think nair or fair are both good options, but at low percents when your trying to tack damage on, I think you'll get more milage out of something like uair->uair->upb.

Starhover

Smash Rookie
Good stuff. I did notice that you often go for nair instead of uair -> uair. At mid and high percents, I think nair or fair are both good options, but at low percents when your trying to tack damage on, I think you'll get more milage out of something like uair->uair->upb.
I agree; that's certainly a string I need to work on more. I just find myself accidentally double jumping when trying to go for uair>uair a lot. Also, would down throw be my best lead into it?

This is something a bit more recent.

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
dash attack combos in to it most easily, down throw can combo in to it at low percents but if they di away then you can only fair them

Also you might want to turn tap jump off if you keep accidentally double jumping

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
I agree; that's certainly a string I need to work on more. I just find myself accidentally double jumping when trying to go for uair>uair a lot. Also, would down through be my best lead into it?

This is something a bit more recent.
I've been experimenting with tap jump on and have the same problem. I highly recommend turning it off to have better uair combos and adding a shoulder button jump for OOS. Seems like you have a pretty good nair game though. Dash attack -> uair -> uair -> up b is my bread and butter combo at 0%

Last edited:

Squaddle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gaulderdash
Here's a samus mirror I did on for glory today. Samus players are pretty hard to come by, espectially good ones, so I figured I'd post some of the matches we had. sorry for the crappy quality!

won this one thanks an early gimp... a good example of why you really should be careful when zairing

lost this one, I couldn't really handle the missile pressure

leiraD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TacoShell
dash attack combos in to it most easily, down throw can combo in to it at low percents but if they di away then you can only fair them

Also you might want to turn tap jump off if you keep accidentally double jumping
Yup, dashattack is best, but dthrow works if they dont di and even dtilt works. My favorite is if I cancan shield-poke catch them in a uair when I'm recovering from ledge and then its a triple hair into upb. The damage is about the same, but I think the upb is a little more guaranteed because the hair isn't as fresh and doesn't know-back so far...... But I don't know that for a fact.

Here's a samus mirror I did on for glory today. Samus players are pretty hard to come by, espectially good ones, so I figured I'd post some of the matches we had. sorry for the crappy quality!

won this one thanks an early gimp... a good example of why you really should be careful when zairing

lost this one, I couldn't really handle the missile pressure
the Missle pressure was definitely fierce. I think at mid range, could have pushed through it with more z air and the missiles would have then been a disadvantage to him. Z air will push through and cancel everything except a full or mostly full charge shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Some new footage before I complete my Combovideo:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Some more Samus matches with commentary from my channel:

M!ND

Smash Rookie
Made a combo video! Its for glory clips hope you enjoy it!

CyranoNester

Smash Rookie
I'm baaaack

sometimes ROBS are so hard to beat lol

The killing charge shot was basically luck on my part :B

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Against a good Sonic:

Against Luigi:

Against a good ZSS:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Against a good Sonic:

Against Luigi:

Against a good ZSS:
At 0:56 against the ZSS, there is a jab that trips her when she is at 110% (you are at 62%). It is critical we know what characters we can trip with jab at what percent and on what surface (this might matter too). Jab 1 -> CS is guaranteed when you get this. I think you got another trip at 1:02 but she hits the bomb immediately. I know I bring it up a lot but I can't find much good info on this mechanic in Sm4sh.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
I think the trip only happens when you hit the opponent with your arm instead of the fist but I'm not sure. It really is interesting.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Jab 1, jab 2, ftilt, uptilt, fsmash, dsmash, fair, nair, uair, and dair all have a low trip probability.

This Saturday I'll be at Tampa Never Sleeps 5. Over 150 have pre-registered for Sm4sh. I'll do my best with Spamus. It will be streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/battlebuddies
Looking at the frame data there is no trip ratio on any of those moves. Is it just a universal thing that all moves can trip rarely?

I think it's a generic mechanic for suffering a certain amount of knockback on the ground. I think the trip condition takes the opponent's and the ground's characteristics into account. I think taller characters trip easier than shorter ones. Jab 1 I've tripped with almost always with the opponent ~100%. I wish I had more lab time to figure it out.

ChoZoX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChoZoX
Looking at the frame data there is no trip ratio on any of those moves. Is it just a universal thing that all moves can trip rarely?

I think it's a generic mechanic for suffering a certain amount of knockback on the ground. I think the trip condition takes the opponent's and the ground's characteristics into account. I think taller characters trip easier than shorter ones. Jab 1 I've tripped with almost always with the opponent ~100%. I wish I had more lab time to figure it out.
What source? Here's the data for dsmash from mastercore2:

Hitbox_029(ID=0x0, GID=0x0, Bone=0x9, Damage=10.000000, Angle=0x1F, KBG=0x2E, WKB=0x0, BKB=0x46, Size=4.200000, Z=8.000000, Y=-0.500000, X=0.000000, Element=0x0, Tripping=0x3E99 <--------------------- Almost all her moves have a trip probability.
Set the launch rate to .5x and spam those moves. They will all trip at some point, regardless of percent.

Top Bottom