• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus infinite: Windmill of Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

marthsword

Smash Ace
windmill of fury is broken! can't be stopped!

But really, how do you not see it is a joke? It's obvious, but funny.

Zink

Smash Champion
It isn't a joke, this is a serious tactic. Seen the intro to Phanna Mint III? Phanna gets one going but messes up the timing.

Renesor

Smash Ace
its an effective tactic, but everyone keeps saying its infinte and cant be stopped....its USEFUL, not unstoppable.

gtfo

Smash Apprentice
The tech is usefull, but not unstoppable. I will put many hours into figuring out a better way to do the windmill.

DRD

Smash Lord
And nothing. That's all you need. If you have superior mindgames to that of the opponent, then you can create an infinite.

It's not about what can get through Samus, it's what she can mindgame around.

Get it yet?

Renesor

Smash Ace
and how exactly can you possibly do this to charater whos crouch cancelling, they can just wait til they get hit then counter attack while you are lagging. no mindgame/spacing/timing could possibly save you from that situation.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
one way to solve it would be waiting yourself until they stop
if they didnt start CC at the beginning of the match you should have the % advantage, and if they did so it probably counts as stalling
edit: oh wait i was so obssesed with this technique i forgot im playing samus and she has missles/beam
all i have to do is hit once and then he cant camp like that anymore

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
CC? that doesnt work. you should actually read this thread. i made a list of 15 ways i THOUGHT could stop it. didnt work.

Renesor

Smash Ace
Vall3y: cc is not stalling, also, what happens when the opponent simply cc in the beginning of a match, then just waits...unless your willing to go to sudden death, you will have to attack at some point, and once you attack with a wof, you WILL get hit.

Veryannoying1359- and why wont it work? Samus can CC anything, even a dash attack by samus

Renesor

Smash Ace
so you would stake a match on the hope that you are not the one that gets hit by a bomb during sudden death?....thats kinda sad

DRD

Smash Lord
Perhaps you 2 are thinking of 2 different bombs. Someone is thinking of Samus's bombs and the other is thinking the falling bombs during sudden death.

And if you do nothing while the opponent is CCing, then WoF still completes it's definition: It is an infinite and cannot be stopped EXCEPT FOR AN OPPONENTS SAME WOF.

You will say that CCing will stop WoF, but it won't if it isn't used, and one with superior mindgames will ALWAYS create an infinite because he won't set himself up.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yeah, that's what i was trying to say. if they CC, homing mislle till they stop. or just smash missle and charge shot it they dont have a low crouch.

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
all your doing is dash attacking back and forth.

of course it works on noobs, they don't know how to avoid anything. :psycho:

a falco player could just shl and make you stop. a samus could just spam the missile and charge shot you. a ganon could down b or come from above with a dair/fair. mario/luigi/doctor mario could use projectiles to make you stop. any character can attack you when you decide to dash attack the opposite direction of them. anyone can shield grab you out of it. there are so many things that can stop this tactic that it really isn't worth doing. whether you have mindgames or not won't change the fact that this "tactic" is obsolete.

but being the arrogant noob you'll probably go on and keep doing it until you fight someone that has actually used a gamecube controller before. :dizzy:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
a falco player could just shl and make you stop.
then you absorb the laser with the invul.
a samus could just spam the missile and charge shot you.
same.
a ganon could down b or come from above with a dair/fair.
mindgames away.
mario/luigi/doctor mario could use projectiles to make you stop.
no, less priority.
any character can attack you when you decide to dash attack the opposite direction of them.
mindgames.
anyone can shield grab you out of it.
it hits behind you.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
a falco player could just shl and make you stop.
then you absorb the laser with the invul.
falco fires multiple lasers faster than you can use the invulnerability frame multiple times
a samus could just spam the missile and charge shot you.
same.
same
a ganon could down b or come from above with a dair/fair.
mindgames away.
L-cancelling and other attacks away
mario/luigi/doctor mario could use projectiles to make you stop.
no, less priority.
screw priority; samus has lag
any character can attack you when you decide to dash attack the opposite direction of them.
mindgames.
screw mindgames; samus has lag
anyone can shield grab you out of it.
it hits behind you.
don't let samus get behind you

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
all that doesnt work BECAUSE OF MINDGAMES. dont forget-Samsus can jump.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
all that doesnt work BECAUSE OF MINDGAMES. dont forget-Samsus can jump.
Samus can jump? You mean... like every other character in ssbm? AMAZING!

You can't jump during lag. And none of those are counterable with mindgames. Except maybe that last one, but it doesn't count.

edit: WOAH! This is the first time the edit button's actually worked for me, and I haven't had to right click to open in a new window.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
that's why you dont try to jump in your lag. more mindgames, dammit....

DRD

Smash Lord
Annoying, don't even try, they're just too naive, I really don't think there's any hope for them.

*shakes head despairingly*

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I finally understood the point of the technique.

In essence, it's just like the shine.

Renesor

Smash Ace
Even the thousand post thread made more sense than this one, how come this thread doesn't get closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom