• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Samus Match-Up Discussion Thread 2.0

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
A bit new here. But how about just spacing against her? By that I mean roll/spot dodge then down smash. (Probably spot dodge)
Welcome to the boards, if you roll as Samus, except for very particular matchups and situations, you're basically doing it out panic. It's actually opening yourself up to a huge punish against anyone competent. A short-hop airdodge is the way to defensively space, you get n-air, b-air and up-air out of it and you can cancel it at any point with a z-air. Missiles, super-missiles and charge shot can also be started from it to have them finish on the ground. You can hover the SH AD forward, backward or even back and forth.
Spot dodges are extremely useful of course but they leave you open to jab, and Shiek has a good, fast jab. The d-smash unfortunately doesn't cover their reflex SH->f-air, it misses as they are in the air.

Fought a crazy good Bowser yesterday. I've determined: Samus cannot hit him from above at all in the air. His f-air, well timed beats out every one of our moves. It has a very quick high hitbox and I literally experimented with every option repeatedly. Top Bowsers are so rare, I threw the book at him. F-air coming from a level angle is actually much better than d-air in gimping since it will trade/beat out Bowser's f-air and it's active past the end of his air-dodge. It's also the go-to move to use to beat completely beat out a Bowser f-air gimp attempt on you. Bowser can auto-cancel a LOT of moves, surprisingly, his whirling fortress in particular this guy knew and applied every tech.

Last edited:

Scream

Smash Apprentice
[FBC] ESAM said:
Quick overview of what Match-ups are in my opinion. I will do more detailed analysis when I get the time.

Bowser: 65-35 Pika
Bowser Jr: 6-4 Pika
Captain Falcon: 6-4 Pika
Charizard: 65:35 PIka
Dark Pit: 55:45 Pika, maybe 60-40
Diddy Kong: 5-5 (Pre-patch) 6-4 or worse (Post patch) Pika
Donkey Kong: 6-4 Pika
Dr. Mario: 6-4 Pika
Duck Hunt: 65-35 Pika (Poor puppy)
Falco: 6-4 Pika
Fox: 55-45 Pika (Maybe worse, not a lot of exp in this MU)
Ganon: 7-3 Pika
Greninja: 6-4 Pika
Ike: 65-35 Pika
Jigglypuff: 7-3 Pika
King Dedede: 55-45 Pika
Kirby: 6-4 Pika
Link: 65-35 Pika
Little Mac: 6-4 Pika
Lucario: 6-4 Pika
Lucina: 6-4 Pika
Luigi: 5-5 or 55:45 Pika (Don't really understand this character yet)
Mario: 55:45 Pika
Marth: 6-4 Pika
Megaman: 55:45 PIka
Metaknight: 6-4 or 65-35 Pika
Mewtwo: 65-35 Pika
No information on any mii fighters
Mr. Game and Watch: 6-4 Pika
Ness: 55-45 Pika
Olimar: 55-45 Pika
Pac-Man- 6-4 Pika
Palutena: 65-35 (no customs) 55:45 (customs) Pika
Peach: 55:45 Pika
Pikachu: 100-0 Pika
Pit: 55:45 Pika, maybe 60-40
ROB: 65-35 Pika
Robin: 65-35 Pika
RosaLuma: 6-4 Pika
Samus: 75-25 Pika
Sheik: 5-5 (No customs) 55:45 (Customs) pika
Shulk: 6-4 Pika
Sonic: 6-4 Pika
Toon Link: 6-4 Pika
Villager: 65-35 (No customs) 55-45 (Customs) PIka
Wario: 55-45 Pika
WFT: 60-40 Pika
Yoshi: 5-5
Zelda: 65-35 Pika
ZSS: 55-45 Pika

As you can tell...I think his MU spread is ridiculous.

A general note to most MUs...Pikachu gets in REALLY easily against preeettty much everybody and has amazing damage output and pressure when he does. Most characters that rely on keep away (Like Rosaluma) can't play their normal game vs Pika, which helps a lot. In terms of boxing, pika is top 2 in the game and creates a bunch of openings and combos out of practically nothing.

Pikachu can edgeguard nearly every character in the game to a fairly effective level, which is amazing since he gets in, combos people across the stage, and then kill them.

Aggressive zoning is pretty annoying for Pika to deal with, which si why Sheik and Yoshi are the 2 most difficult MUs for pika IMO. However, when Pikachu does get in he can do a lot of damage to both of these characters and can manipulate the stage to his advantage really well.

With customs, Pikachu generally gains a +.05 at least in every MU (Besides specified) since HSB is STUPIDLY AMAZING
The Rat is bad, but this bad?

Opinions?

(Sorry for not being on shiek, just sharing)

Reydiance

Smash Rookie
NNID
reydiance
The Rat is bad, but this bad?

Opinions?

(Sorry for not being on shiek, just sharing)
I've been struggling against Pika players myself, so yeah it is pretty bad, but not 75-25 bad. Also ESAM plays Smash 4 Samus himself, so I can see where he's coming from.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Pivot F-tilt and half charged charge shots handle Pikachu pretty good. Missiles and Bombs aren't great in that Matchup.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
I faced a good pikachu at my most recent tournament (in friendlies) and his Quick Attack Cancels and stuff made finding safe time to charge quite difficult, and after a lot of attacks pikachus profile goes too low to hit him with jab, so we cant use our fastest attack to punish a lot of his whiffs. He cant ever freely spam his Neutral B which is nice or we just Charge up and punish, we're floaty so we dont get caught in his low percent combos as hard, and our non linear recovery makes it more difficult to edgeguard us, but nor we can we edgeguard him really. Overall Definitely not in our favour, but not as bad as 75/25

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
Pikachu is so light, and we are so heavy, that the matchup really forces pikachu to beat us in the neutral consistently. That being said,if we ever time it right, an up tilt in anticipation of an approach usually does the trick, killing or at least putting us in a very good position.

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Been a little absent due to stuff lately but I came back to delete my walls of text and I can't seem to find how sans reporting them. Did you find anything worth keeping @ Afro Smash Afro Smash ?

In regards to the Pacman matchup I learned earlier that hydrant can't hurt you during your UpB if our hitboxes are up. This is a great punish against pacs who wantonly toss DownBs out thinking they're safe. Just a little tidbit to note. Has anyone had the pleasure of playing BSP's Pac-man? I put some rounds in with him on FG and there's a lot of cool stuff Pac-man can do in the MU. I'm not sure how high up on the food chain he is overall but I exchanged with him briefly and he felt the MU was a +1 in Pac's favor although my estimate at the time was that he had a +2

I've been struggling against Pika players myself, so yeah it is pretty bad, but not 75-25 bad. Also ESAM plays Smash 4 Samus himself, so I can see where he's coming from.
Not true. ESAM was very vocal about what he saw as unviability in Samus. He plays Samus in Melee and PM but said he wouldn't go anywhere near her in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Reydiance

Smash Rookie
NNID
reydiance
Been a little absent due to stuff lately but I came back to delete my walls of text and I can't seem to find how sans reporting them. Did you find anything worth keeping @ Afro Smash Afro Smash ?

In regards to the Pacman matchup I learned earlier that hydrant can't hurt you during your UpB if our hitboxes are up. This is a great punish against pacs who wantonly toss DownBs out thinking they're safe. Just a little tidbit to note. Has anyone had the pleasure of playing BSP's Pac-man? I put some rounds in with him on FG and there's a lot of cool stuff Pac-man can do in the MU. I'm not sure how high up on the food chain he is overall but I exchanged with him briefly and he felt the MU was a +1 in Pac's favor although my estimate at the time was that he had a +2

Not true. ESAM was very vocal about what he saw as unviability in Samus. He plays Samus in Melee and PM but said he wouldn't go anywhere near her in Smash 4.
My bad, I didn't mean he plays Samus at tournament level, I saw some of his Samus gameplay so I assumed he has good knowledge of this character.
https://youtu.be/VDivnLUT0d0

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
My bad, I didn't mean he plays Samus at tournament level, I saw some of his Samus gameplay so I assumed he has good knowledge of this character.
https://youtu.be/VDivnLUT0d0
Surprised there's even footage of him using her. The way he talked about Samus was super harsh as if he played her once in the dark and hoped word would never get out that he had played as her even for a few matches.

Eskelsen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eskelsen
The Olimar MU appears to be really tough. All his pikmin negate Samus's projectiles and he has an incredibly safe f-smash to cover our grounded approaches. At first glance it seems he wins the projectile game, which forces Samus to approach then punishes with safe attacks; I think we need to go over this MU.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
The olimars actually hate this matchup since missiles fire at the same rate as pikmen and eventually the pikmen all die and they have to take time to pluck more. It's one of the few matchups where I actively spam. 1 super missile and 1 regular missile = dead pikmen. Watch the colors, fire CS when appropriate. I don't know the matchup in detail honestly because this "stupid" tactic works so well on for glory.

Last edited:

Tumultus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTumultus
In the Olimar MU, spot dodging is crucial. Merely shielding will still get the Pikmin latched onto you, and in general, Olimar has enough lag on his ground moves that you can spot dodge and punish with ease. Sometimes even f-smashing, if I'm not mistaken.

A lot of the time his Pikmin tank our CS and it's difficult to get the projectile game flowing. The answer to this is a short hop CS. After coming down from the peak of the short hop, shoot the beam at the perfect height and it will miss all the Pikmin on the ground but still land a headshot on Olimar.

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
In the Olimar MU, spot dodging is crucial. Merely shielding will still get the Pikmin latched onto you, and in general, Olimar has enough lag on his ground moves that you can spot dodge and punish with ease. Sometimes even f-smashing, if I'm not mistaken.

A lot of the time his Pikmin tank our CS and it's difficult to get the projectile game flowing. The answer to this is a short hop CS. After coming down from the peak of the short hop, shoot the beam at the perfect height and it will miss all the Pikmin on the ground but still land a headshot on Olimar.
Pikmin actually won't latch on shield.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
This is the info Depth posted in another thread
  • U-air kills all pikmin latched onto you (except the head)
  • Perfectly spaced F-tilt out-ranges all of his grabs
  • Our grab out-ranges all of his smash attacks and grab
  • If he's throwing pikmin at mid-range, run straight through and dash attack him into a U-air. They're not safe unless they are purple.
  • Olimar is easily juggled.
  • Olimar must throw his pikmin away to get decent recovery. If he doesn't, he's easily spiked by our D-air
  • Pikmin will stop a charge shot. Electric pikmin will go right through. So, Use charge shot only when you know you're going to tap his shield or hit him.
  • Olimar has a really good shield grab on us, so be wary and space well with Z-air.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
I use to think it as well, but i think if theyre like just within your shield as you shield theyll still latch on, which is different to most other projectiles where you'll power shield them if you do that

Last edited:

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
I use to think it as well, but i think if theyre like just within your shield as you shield theyll still latch on, which is different to most other projectiles where you'll power shield them if you do that
If they're latched on before your shield they will chip at your shield but they won't latch on if your shield is up.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Yeah I just tested it and I think the reason I ever thought and Tumultus ever thought that Shield didn't work is because they don't actually hit your shield and lose their latching ability, instead if you shield they'll just go through you but if you drop your shield before they've gone all the way through they will still latch on

Also Up Tilt hits all pikmin too unless they're on your back leg, so between Up Tilt and Up Air you can cover all latch spots

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Hello Samus player base!

The Zelda boards have started discussion on the Zelda : Samus MU, and we'd appreciate any input from the Samus mains. Feel free to drop by any time this week and give ratios/MU tips by clicking the Zelda icon below. ^^

:4zelda:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
I really like the direction this matchup 2.0 thread has taken rather than random opinions like "65/35" and "Samus has no ground game vs zelda".

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Some random stream of consciousness regarding Olimar

The more I study Olimar the more it seems that the neutral in our MU is a strange caricature of a regular matchup. He's an anti zoner zoner. He negates projectiles with his pikmin but this leaves him vulnerable to approaches. To use them as a wall against approaches he needs to use smashes which have very poor knockback at the furthest point but can do serious damage with the right knockback. Shield dashing into their range is the best option in the neutral and their fsmash clanking on our shield is a grab punish. It's important not to use grabs as a means of countering their approach because it covers few options considering they might roll or toss pikmin. Taking a page from Kayjay's book, SH to air dodge is probably the safest option and the smallest commitment so you can falling Uair into a whiffed grab or dash attack. Depth saysftilts outrange him so ftilts are also an option.

Olimar is tricky because he nutralizes for the most part the psychological tool we have in the form if the CS. He has so many moves that cover so many options and his smash attacks come out quick.

Much like a regular character would do against us, we need to dance in and out of his range and make him commit more than we are and once they learn what we're up to we have to really out play them and out read them.

IMPORTANT: Our best maps in this MU are Halberd and Delfino but the way counter picking works in your scene, a smart Olimar will ban those two and under EVO rulesets they WILL ban those maps. Moving maps eliminates a static environment with which to effectively zone and gives us more approach options. T&C could possibly also be a good pick but it's still rather static in terms of the main platform.

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
Was playing on FG last night for the first time in a while cause I was bored, ended up running into a really good Captain Falcon and played him for like 4-5 hours. Thankfully there was (seemingly) no lag.
And he reminded me exactly why I hate the MU.

It's because of my playstyle, I rely too much on grabs/pivot grabs and Dash Attacks for racking up damage with U-airs and F-airs, my Jab 1 and D-tilt shenanigans are worthless here as well since Falcon just doesn't give a sack of potatoes.

This guy was able to take advantage of my playstyle like no other player I've faced before, and I hated it.
Jump baits are the bain of my existence, I tried to adapt to it, but I couldn't figure out how, everything I tried pretty much just got me punished. Also, really hate the fact that Falcon can whiff U-smashes and D-smashes and not be punished, or maybe I'm punishing those moves incorrectly, also why is his B-air safe on perfect shield?
He did have this one VERY bad habit though, and I took advantage of it for a good amount of my KOs and gimps, basically he always tried to jump back onstage when ever he got knocked offstage, and he recovered high way more often than he should have.
Even though I was always the first to be hit to 70%+ between the 2 of us, I still came out on top in the end more than I should have with some stupid offstage gimps that really shouldn't have worked as many times as they did.

I didn't save as many replays as I probably should have for re-examination, which I really regret.
I don't know exactly how many games I played this dude for, but it was probably something around 35 wins and 50 losses against his Falcon.

Things I learned from this annoying experience.
  • When you're actually able to start up your combos, don't let up. Try to keep him in a bad situation for as long as you can so you can rack up damage.
  • F-air/N-air > Falcon's recovery.
  • Super Missiles are pretty good for covering your recovery since Falcon has to react to it or be hit, either way, hit or block, I was able to recover easier once I started doing this, since he usually would get Knees and D-airs on me easy.
  • Turning edge guards around on Falcon is extremely fatal (and hilarious) at low to mid %s compared to other characters.
  • Falcon's Jab is stupid.
  • FD is the worst stage EVER against Falcon.
  • I need to practice more.

I probably hate Falcon much more than I did before now.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Yeah falcons Bair/Uair/Nair are all super easy to autocancel/ have no landing lag and he can true combo them in to jabs and grab.

MU Is one of the most volatile our there imo, both have great combo games and have deadly off stage games, always fun though imo

Also back hit of D Smash is unpunishable on shield yeah

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
I actually really enjoy the falcon matchup. Pretty much anything you do to him will knock him on his face into a tech chase. I've had stare down matches with falcons, after tech chasing them to death a few times in a row, they know they have to approach, but they're just extremely nervous and confused. You can almost hear the gears in their heads turning.
You can DI into the top of the jab into up-air and either d-tilt, up-B or even up-tilt. It can be very unsafe, for them. I don't think Falcon's combo game holds a candle to Samus'. Beyond say 40% you can always avoid/jump out of anything he tries to do. The reverse is not true, one up-tilt and he's chewing on 25-50 damage.
I'm pretty sure up-tilt beats out every one of his aerial approaches, since he has no disjoints, I don't think I've ever seen it lose. I throw out up-tilt in anticipation quite liberally.
If you drop a bomb right at the very edge and falcon dash grabs, the bomb knocks him over along with you, but he falls much faster... hit d-air instantly. Good fun.

Last edited:

Fluidityt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cronot7
I have issues getting dash grabbed by falcons.. even when I know its coming I'll try to spot dodge (usually waiting on some end lag from one of our many moves) so sometimes I don't know if I'm just too slow to react to it (~250ms) or if I'm still in end lag etc.

I enjoy falcon too, but the more I play against good falcons the more it seems like a very unfavorable matchup.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Faced a good Zero Suit Samus last night and man did she dance circles around me, between SH aerials, flip kicks and b reverse paralyzer gun, keeping up with her is a huge task. Thats not to say I got bodied, id say I won about 65% of the matches, shes just so ****in nimble you basically have to guess where shes gonna be

• Using missiles without a huge amount of space is a big no no I quickly learned as its easily punished by a flip kick.
  • Very difficult to edgeguard thanks to flip kick > tether
  • Charge Shot is amazing for punishing paralyzer gun, makes them wary to use it
  • Shielding is a very safe option most of the time since she deals little shield damage and has a laggy ass grab like us
  • Biggest and most important factor imo is the weight difference, I managed to live her F Smash at 130 from 1/3 of Fd to the left blastzone, and managed to kill her at 35% with an Up Air > Charge Shot near the ledge.
  • Her d throw up Air was failing to kill at 110 with rage and after that I was always able to DI out of it
  • We can punish a shielded flip kick with a running Fair
Overall Weight difference and smart use of Charge Shot make this MU manageable imo, she does still have those nasty early kills with Up B though

Finally I'd like to say **** YOU SAKURAI FOR MAKING FLIP KICK HAVE INVINCIBILITY FRAMES, LIKE THAT MOVES ALREADY QUICK AS **** AND IMPOSSIBLE TO REACT TO OFFENSIVELY, BUT WHEN I READ IT AND DO A SH CS I SHOULD BE REWARDED NOT PUNISHED BY HER FAT HEELS CUZ INVINCIBILITY

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Faced a good Zero Suit Samus last night and man did she dance circles around me, between SH aerials, flip kicks and b reverse paralyzer gun, keeping up with her is a huge task. Thats not to say I got bodied, id say I won about 65% of the matches, shes just so ****in nimble you basically have to guess where shes gonna be

• Using missiles without a huge amount of space is a big no no I quickly learned as its easily punished by a flip kick.
  • Very difficult to edgeguard thanks to flip kick > tether
  • Charge Shot is amazing for punishing paralyzer gun, makes them wary to use it
  • Shielding is a very safe option most of the time since she deals little shield damage and has a laggy *** grab like us
  • Biggest and most important factor imo is the weight difference, I managed to live her F Smash at 130 from 1/3 of Fd to the left blastzone, and managed to kill her at 35% with an Up Air > Charge Shot near the ledge.
  • Her d throw up Air was failing to kill at 110 with rage and after that I was always able to DI out of it
  • We can punish a shielded flip kick with a running Fair
Overall Weight difference and smart use of Charge Shot make this MU manageable imo, she does still have those nasty early kills with Up B though

Finally I'd like to say **** YOU SAKURAI FOR MAKING FLIP KICK HAVE INVINCIBILITY FRAMES, LIKE THAT MOVES ALREADY QUICK AS **** AND IMPOSSIBLE TO REACT TO OFFENSIVELY, BUT WHEN I READ IT AND DO A SH CS I SHOULD BE REWARDED NOT PUNISHED BY HER FAT HEELS CUZ INVINCIBILITY
I cannot help but agree the flip kick invincibility frames are utter BS. Rage inducing.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
i would have to full jump to do that though which is a much bigger commitment and doesnt cover a grounded approach, its just silly it has any invincibility frames imo

AgentM

Smash Rookie
Small tip for villager: a bomb at ground level will protect you from a gyroid, giving you some free time to charge if they're spamming them from long range.

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
Hello Samus player base!

The Zelda boards have started discussion on the Zelda : Samus MU, and we'd appreciate any input from the Samus mains. Feel free to drop by any time this week and give ratios/MU tips by clicking the Zelda icon below. ^^

:4zelda:
This is basically "wow how do i start approaching jesus christ" MU for both characters, They are very similar on how they act in the ground, we are floaty and that allows Zelda to have an easier time spacing her aerials, but we do have a charge shot that is easy to land because of the lag of her moves (Specially in frame traps if she dares to reflect missiles with her b instead of shielding them) but I dont see anything that really makes a character better than the other, so I'd say its 50/50 imo

SSBMagy

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the boards, if you roll as Samus, except for very particular matchups and situations, you're basically doing it out panic. It's actually opening yourself up to a huge punish against anyone competent. A short-hop airdodge is the way to defensively space, you get n-air, b-air and up-air out of it and you can cancel it at any point with a z-air. Missiles, super-missiles and charge shot can also be started from it to have them finish on the ground. You can hover the SH AD forward, backward or even back and forth.
Spot dodges are extremely useful of course but they leave you open to jab, and Shiek has a good, fast jab. The d-smash unfortunately doesn't cover their reflex SH->f-air, it misses as they are in the air.

Fought a crazy good Bowser yesterday. I've determined: Samus cannot hit him from above at all in the air. His f-air, well timed beats out every one of our moves. It has a very quick high hitbox and I literally experimented with every option repeatedly. Top Bowsers are so rare, I threw the book at him. F-air coming from a level angle is actually much better than d-air in gimping since it will trade/beat out Bowser's f-air and it's active past the end of his air-dodge. It's also the go-to move to use to beat completely beat out a Bowser f-air gimp attempt on you. Bowser can auto-cancel a LOT of moves, surprisingly, his whirling fortress in particular this guy knew and applied every tech.
Sorry took awhile to reply. Ya I was a bit new at the time (Still am) Thanks for the advice! :)

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Hate to hit another thread with this, but I think that SM -> CS is a shield break vs yoshi because the way he slides when he gets hit in shield. Maybe it's something vs. Luigi too? See my video in the videos thread for proof. There is no reason mathematically that yoshi's shield should have broken from just the damage and amount of time he held down shield.

Boney

Smash Apprentice
Anybody here have experience against a Zig Zag shot Duck Hunt with the heavy Gunmen? I swear the match just seems impossible. It was my first time playing against him so I didn't have enough time to really let the match sink in but it seems pretty bad. His projectile wall decimates ours. Samus is too slow to close the gap efficiently got hit a bunch of times trying to air dodge through the Can and he could just reverse it's momentum and catch me out of it. You can't go higher because it's super risky and trying to shield it will just eat like 70% of your shield. You have to deal with the clay pigeons that can change speed and have lingering hitboxes while also dealing with the Gunmen that are just a ticking bomb for an opening. Zair won't beat the pigeons or the can and it's an unfavorable trade.
I changed to Pit and did much better but ultimately still lost 5-2. It just seems Samus doesn't have the mobility to safely by pass Zig Zag shot while putting pressure on Duck Hunt.

Wondering if anybody has experience with the match, because it really seemed like a really bad disadvantage.

Tumultus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTumultus
Hate to hit another thread with this, but I think that SM -> CS is a shield break vs yoshi because the way he slides when he gets hit in shield. Maybe it's something vs. Luigi too? See my video in the videos thread for proof. There is no reason mathematically that yoshi's shield should have broken from just the damage and amount of time he held down shield.
Worth looking into. I played a tournament set against a notable Yoshi in our area just a little while ago. In both matches, I broke his shield. Both times it was missile -> CS; which is something I do often, but breaking it twice on Yoshi... in consecutive matches... Coincidence?

Top Bottom