• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus' placement on the Official Tier List

Autx

Smash Cadet
You can find the full list at the Brawl General Discussion thread.(If someone could tell me how to paste it here that would be great)
I started this thread because of the heavy traffic on the main page. Needless to say Samus doesn't get alot of attention, so I figured I'd bring it here to get the Samus players thoughts on her placement in relation to the other characters.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192028
M3D said:
Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon
You're welcome.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't surprise me. Tiers are really an ease of use list and Samus is hard to use.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
While i don't agree with the placement, I'm not going to argue with it, Tiers are always a great topic for competitive players to discuss.

I honestly feel that Samus is equivalent to ROB in capability. but not nearly as easy to pick up and get the same result.

If tiers were based off ease of use, there would be 2 tiers, 'meta knight tier' and 'other tier' they are based on match-ups, results, potential etc.

Falcos_feather

Smash Apprentice
I belive it's the same with Cpt.Falcon..

It requiers pretty much skill to get the best out of him!

But when u do,, he is lethal indeed!

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight is easy mode.

He's near the top because a kid with down syndrome could play him and win tournaments.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
INB4: Used on internet forums to signal that you are In (in) a topic Before (b4) an overused saying or trend is mentioned.
TR4Q: Tiers are for queers.
See, its not funny if you have to explain it.

I do think its kind of pointless to argue about a tier list in a game that wasn't designed for competition though. Saruaki actually built mechanics into the game to **** players up for no reason, after all (tripping.)

Give us Melee online with Unreal engine 3 graphics. Its never gonna happen, but one can dream. :3

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
Not surprising really. Given her horrible match-up against Meta Knight, King Dedede's Infinite on her, and her heavy disadvantage versus Falco, it's not really unexpected that she would be considered low tier/less capable of winning tournaments.

Which is a pity, considering that she does exceptionally well against Snake, G&W, and, to a lesser degree, R.O.B.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
imo (and my experience is as a player and playing tudor several times)

samus is not a very good character
she is a lot better than people think
she is extremely hard to use correctly
she has ***-****** counters (snake)
she will move up on the tier list, but not as high as some would hope

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Not surprising really. Given her horrible match-up against Meta Knight, King Dedede's Infinite on her, and her heavy disadvantage versus Falco, it's not really unexpected that she would be considered low tier/less capable of winning tournaments.

Which is a pity, considering that she does exceptionally well against Snake, G&W, and, to a lesser degree, R.O.B.
DeDeDe and Metaknight are both super easy for me. Its the freaking short characters like Game and Watch and Lucas that give me more trouble.

Also, this site really needs to lose the curse word filter. If you've been on the internet for more than two seconds, you've seen it.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
^ Metaknight isn't short?

I'm not going to argue or say anything about her placement, really, other than it poses a challenge for us to better the metagame of our main.. quite frankly, there's nowhere to go but up.

ADHD

Smash Hero
What can you do, samus is hard to use against the tough matchups and you really need to understand everything, she can rise a bit, but not much.

Koji123

Smash Cadet
If she were to climb the list I could easily see her settling herself back in middle tier like she was in Melee. That would be a swell day if you ask me.

Dais

Smash Cadet
Samus can combat Snake, R.O.B. and G&W, isn't too terrible against Falco imo, I personally haven't fought a good DDD player (so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut) and, yeah, Meta Knight is a bad match up. So, she can sorta hang with the Top tier, that alone should bump her up some. Yeah, no duh, you have to learn how to use her properly to beat really good players. That should be factored into the tier list I would think. Well, there is a lot of complex thinking in Tier Lists, but I would generally say she is MID TIER, even if its low mid tier. Ha ha, she's got to at least make it over Ness & Lucas, considering that during their up-B they practically beg to be smacked down!

geekd

Smash Apprentice
If she were to climb the list I could easily see her settling herself back in middle tier like she was in Melee. That would be a swell day if you ask me.
I disagree
I would rather main a low tier character than a middle:

Low tier tournaments are fun
More impressive if you win
Fewer people will be good at playing against him

I think middle tier is the worst, High or Low are ideal, top is for pu$$ies

Koji123

Smash Cadet
I disagree
I would rather main a low tier character than a middle:

Low tier tournaments are fun
More impressive if you win
Fewer people will be good at playing against him

I think middle tier is the worst, High or Low are ideal, top is for pu$$ies
I don't really agree with your views on tiers. I mean if the character you like to play now suddenly climbed to the top of the tier list instead of wherever he/she is now would you change to a lower tier character because you get jolly's off of owning higher tier characters? Probably not. Unless you REALLY get off on beating high tier characters in which case you might want to switch mains. I hear C. Falcon is at the bottom of the tier list. As for me I play a character that feels comfortable to me. Samus was that character in melee and she still is in brawl. Where she is on the tier list is irrelevant to me. Tiers are for Queers anyway right?;)

geekd

Smash Apprentice
I don't really agree with your views on tiers. I mean if the character you like to play now suddenly climbed to the top of the tier list instead of wherever he/she is now would you change to a lower tier character because you get jolly's off of owning higher tier characters? Probably not. Unless you REALLY get off on beating high tier characters in which case you might want to switch mains. I hear C. Falcon is at the bottom of the tier list. As for me I play a character that feels comfortable to me. Samus was that character in melee and she still is in brawl. Where she is on the tier list is irrelevant to me. Tiers are for Queers anyway right?;)
I main olimar, who is middle tier. You said you wanted your main to climb, I wish mine would drop for low-tier tournamnets or raise for general recognition. I never said I got "jolly's off owning" high tier characters with low; I said that it is more impressive. Being middle tier is the worst of both worlds. It's like being the middle child--average.

Maybe the grass is just greener on the other side?

Koji123

Smash Cadet
I main olimar, who is middle tier. You said you wanted your main to climb, I wish mine would drop for low-tier tournamnets or raise for general recognition. I never said I got "jolly's off owning" high tier characters with low; I said that it is more impressive. Being middle tier is the worst of both worlds. It's like being the middle child--average.

Maybe the grass is just greener on the other side?
You stated that lower tier chars beating higher tier chars is more impressive which to me seems like you do like beating higher tier chars because you feel its a bigger accomplishment than say beating on a Yoshi with your Olimar, right? So I wasn't wrong when I said that. Maybe the way I said it was a bit harsh and for that I apologize.

Top Bottom