• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus: Range or Melee Character?

Slightlyvicious

Smash Cadet
Samus has a wonderful arsenal of projectiles, probably the best in the game. But on the other hand, hr melee is good too, with one of the best sex kicks in the game and her down smash. What one should she use more?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
The better you and your opponents get, the more you'll find that avoiding a melee encounter in favor of a retreating projectile attack is really not the best idea. I would definitely call Samus more of a melee character, in how she is best played. She can definitely hold her ground in a projectile spam camping war, however.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Pump the missiles when you can, but the melee is where your fight will most likely blossom. This is where opportunity is more frequently seized.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
she really can't hold her own in a projectile spam war, against anyone with a good projectile (sheik, fox, falco)you're gonna take way more damage than you deal. heck even doc will usually beat you with pill spam unless you're really good/get lucky

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
she really can't hold her own in a projectile spam war, against anyone with a good projectile (sheik, fox, falco)you're gonna take way more damage than you deal. heck even doc will usually beat you with pill spam unless you're really good/get lucky
You must be playing some really really good Sheiks and Docs.

Which stages are good for missile spamming? I know Pokemon Stadium is good because of platform canceled missiles. Which other stages can you platform cancel missile easily?

Samus' tilts and smashes are really good. I find myself using her in a style that mixes Sheik and Peach with more Fsmash. I keep actually forgetting that I can run away and missile spam a little bit.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I find depending on projectiles the least efficient vs jigglypuffs, peaches, marths, sheiks, and ganondorfs. I'm able to use projectiels to my advantage, still, versus Falcos, Links, and (Dr) Marios, even though they can shut down a lot of Samus' activities. Thinking about it, I think the character that projectiles are the most effective against, is Samus lol.

Worst levels for missile spam:

1) Final Destination
2) Mute City
3) Dreamland

Best levels:

1) Jungle Japes
2) Yoshi's Story
3) Pokémon Stadium
4) Fountain of Dreams
5) Battlefield

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
ill have to say that i lean for a melee samus as a better choice, she needs a killing attack tho, but her CC and in some cases priority on aerials, just helps on adding damage,
talking about edgeguarding her missiles can mess up anyones recover, or give you an opening to enter attack mode ^.^, or even a good canceled floor missile can be invisible to opponents.

more of a melee character ^.^

Top Bottom