• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus unleashed: Phanna Mint III

derf

Smash Ace
dayum! So tight! Reminds me of this blues song i heard 3 minutes ago:

"-So whats my problem?
-Too much barbeque
(Cue horns)
Bar-b-q"

CozaMonkey

Smash Journeyman
Favorite part: 3:44 the grounded UpB hitting the ledgehanging guy = ****ing taste. The whole vid was just amazing dude. My favorite entry in the Phanna Mint series.

Duckles

Smash Cadet
To the people saying the people who get hit by the SWD stuff are stupid: keep in mind that a combo video is clips of where stuff actually works. Why would he put in clips of people not getting hit?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
All of those SWD's with such consistency. I must say I am completely impressed. Although who was the DK that was two stock ahead of you at one point?

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Seeing the vids in order is like seeing superwavedash evolution. First, every now and then, sencond, ALOT more, third, I dont think you showed a single failed attempt or if you did, you covered it up with another bomb into fair mindgame or something...

7ak

Smash Journeyman
Your SWD skills are pretty nuts.........it must be scary for your opponent to see you dropping bombs.

For me though, the coolest part was the up-B spike.........never would've thought of that in a million years.

Nurok

Smash Lord
Good stuff Phana- Def. Plus Rep for those ****in SWDs. I have never seen anyone be perfect with samus, but... You hae achieved it. I want to see a Phana control video, with you doing the **** in perfect conrtol. That'll be awesome.
you could get good if you went to more tournies OOS(as in come to MD).
=)
-edun

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Dave when did you record vids with Dennis and Ang???

:colorful:
I believe the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, just in time to get sick and not be able to eat Turkey :-\

But yeah it was fun. That's when I got the footage of Rock/UI used in the vid. And since some people are astonished at his DK being 2 stock ahead of me in the 1 clip, I should point out that he does have quite an accomplished DK, though that was only 1 of two matches he beat me, out of about ten samus vs dk. His ganon, on the other hand, didn't lose to my Samus all day. It's a rough match-up to be sure.

Right now I'm just looking forward to this crappy, 19-hour semester to be over. Then I'm hoping to make a real showing at Gigabits on Dec. 17th, where Doodah already challenged me to a $20 mm.

I'll say now that I do have another video planned at the moment, and it's Phanna Phunner, in which I will show some of Samus' hardest techs (mostly new), mixed with some random entertaining Samus footage.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I may be able to attend that Gigabits...would be a nice tourney for me to attend to start back from my 2 month break!!!

Oh and whenever you get back into Fort Myers we need to play, I wanna train you to become even more beast!!!

:colorful:

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Just for the record, do you have any clue as to your SWD %. Like 2/3 or something? And does it ever decrease your opponants surprized reaction when you use it over and over again. Like the first time will surprize them, but does it ever get obvious?

Duckles

Smash Cadet
Sometimes it is obvious when he is going to do it, but since the length of it is a little variable it isn't the easiest thing to punish. The best I can do is throw bombs or arrows behind me and hope that is where he lands. Also since he doesn't do it 100% of the time he tries to, it adds to the punishment difficulty since sometimes he will mess up like 10 times in a row, and then pull off 3 in a row. I find the easiest way to avoid getting hurt by it is to just sit on a platform and shoot stuff until he stops.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I tried to rest him out of his SWD one time. I just barely missed. That would have been sweet as hell thogh.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Well, I don't normally toss in a random compliment among the masses of them, but this is officially my favorite combo video for any character (and I've seen a lot) The whole thing was absolutely incredible, even when you weren't using SWD

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
Wow.... I thought doing SWDs like 50 to 70% of the time was good... but you put me to shame. Your video like all combo videos was so unneccessary but so **** awesome. And as a samus player I'm not being biased when your combo video is my favorite. Unfortunately, flashiness never rules this game as much as it could... HugS still ***** with no ability or desire for SWD. My favorite trick you got is the SWD to Bomb Drop. I'm gonna go try it.

-AxlT

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
bro i need to play you again. you've gotten so good since i've seen you playing from a long time ago at a gigs tourney. your samus is insane. makes me want to pick up samus again from my 64 days. good ****.

WAAASSSUUUPP

Smash Apprentice
Man, if i ever see you drop a bomb, im double jumping right on the **** spot.
But didn't you see he would sometimes just drop another bomb and just bomb jump. Mind games I tell ya;)

Awsome video, great combos, great SWDs, great double air bomb to dairs, AWSOME trance music! :)

Artymus

Smash Rookie
Amazing! One of the best technical Samus' I've ever seen. The way you SWD into the D-air and F-smash. Just amazing!

Super Samus 99

Smash Apprentice
My eyes got a real good exercise by making them follow Samus with all those SWDs.Nice vid.Phanna is the SWD king!

fatninja64

Smash Rookie
Wow. That was totally badass. You're SWD is great. I really love the SWD BSH combos.:) :)

Top Bottom