• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus/Zamus online WiFi Fun Tournament , April 5/6th. Registation closed!

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
Always check for updated list on the second post of this page.

Hey everyone , Samus players. :)

Me and my friend Atire aka Mayo , are gonna try to do something interesting with the wifi feature on Brawl.

You know that a Official SSBB WiFi tournament is already being hosted by the online brawl community.

But thats not what we're aiming for here. We don't want to have 3000 or more members competing in an all out Brawl. What we're trying to do is to gather up all Samus players that can play on WiFi.

So basically this is whats going to happen. Anyone who wants to fight online as Samus against another Samus can register here. You ask whats the point of this?

Well you can think that you are the best. But after a month's release of the game you really cant make that conclusion. This is for competition and for fun. Just to fight some talented opponents and just for the hell of it. :chuckle:

It's just for fun. Sorry no money is involved here but you might get a suprise if you win.
maybe in 2009 we can have a tourney to decide who's the best Samus :)

But you will be famous among the forums and you will be the King of Samus. Pretty cool sounding huh? So far in my opinion Wes and HugS are the current Samus leaders here in the U.S thats all I've been keeping track off. So I hope they compete too.

This is how it's going to happen. For now the tournament is scheduled for April 5th and if we don't finish extended to April 6th meaning you will have about a month to get your game up. If we have a full roster 100% sure that they will compete we might start the tournament a week earlier. Maybe..xD

Registration works like this. You will put in your Brawl friend code
NOT WII FRIEND CODE BRAWL. Meaning that official registration starts Feb.11th or 10th. Then your forum name and your online name. Basically the same thing as the "Big" tourney.
ALSO post your skill level. Such as noob, noobish-medium,medium,semi-pro, or pro. That way we can ensure you fair matches in the tourney. There will be a loser and a winner bracket so your ensured to play 4 matches. If you don't want to you can resign any time.

THE DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION WILL BE March 25th REMEMBER IT CAN ALWAYS CHANGE
Me and Atire are competing as well. If we lose we lose, good sportsmanship will prevail :grin: If you are interested please reserve your spot in the tourney. All you have to do is post that you're interested and I will add your name to the reserved list for everyone to see. You can always resign and give up your spot. So far we will only have up to 64 competing. We're only human we cant keep track of so many people. I don't think 64 people will compete with Samus so if we dont get 64 we'll narrow it down to 32. Of course if we have 50,54,56,36 that will be the amount of people in the tourney.

There will be pools and then brackets. In the pools people will be responsible for playing everyone in there pool in a 2/3 match.

So far the time is undecided. We will post of the time for you in about 2 or 3 days. First we need to have comfirmation that at least 5 people are interested in this tournament or else there's no point of hosting it.

Rules

Very simple rules. Match rules are as follows.
3 stocks and 6 minutes.
Of course no items. Smash balls are off for now.
The regular matches will be 2 out of 3 and the Semifinal and final matches will be 3 out of 5
Winner moves on to fight the next match , no point systems.

PLEASE DON'T SPAM AND IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED DON'T POST. THANK YOU

ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ADD MY SCREENAME NYz X BeasT or email me at NYbeast94@yahoo.com

Or add Atire aka Mayo at A Tired Mayo or email him at solakillas@hotmail.com

Atire

Smash Apprentice
Listing of people in the tourney

Alright everyone, put your brawl freind codes on you profile and dont post em. Make sure theyre up by wednsday and thats when part two of the listing will begin Ty.:chuckle:

RESERVE LIST
1. Hugs Master-rank (Best Samus in U.S, melee)
NY-Beast : Semi-pro-rank
3.Mayo : Semi-pro-rank
4.Cubaisdeath : ( unknown )
5.Matt : Medium-rank
6.Jez : Noobish-rank
7.Fritz : medium-rank
8.Rtm :Medium-rank
9.WaterTails : Medium-rank
10. Hylian : best samus in brawl? ( I think )

11.Banks : Pro-rank (10th best in england.)
12.W.Jr : ( Unknown )
13.Cocoashadow : Medium-rank
14.Cynan Machea : Medium-rank
15.Dobs : Medium-rank
16.Meljin : Medium-rank
17.Relentless : unknown-rank
18.AttackstorM : Medium-rank
19.Gutts : Noob-Medium-rank
20.Sychu : Noob-rank
21.The Alpha Gundam : Semi-Pro
22.Rohins : Semi-Pro/Pro
23.Phanna : Pro/Master-Perfect Samus Control-rank
24.mprism : unknown-rank
25.Rookiebrawler : noob-rank
26.Ph00tbag : Medium-rank
27.Mr. M : Super Noob-rank(lol at his request that is)
28.James Sparrow : Medium/Semi pro -rank
29.Ares And Enyo : Noob-Medium-rank
30.Megachuk : Semi-Pro-rank
31.Ju-jU : Medium-rank
32.Metamere : noob-medium-rank
33.Dazwa : Pro/Semi-pro-rank
34.Mattyboi : Medium/Semi-Pro-rank
35.Majoras : noob-rank
36.Samusrules93 : noob-rank
37.XxBlazingSpeedxX : semi pro rank
38.AndreTruLegend : unknown rank
39.Mankosuki : unknown rank
UPDATE
40.myRoboticClaw : unknown rank
41.Mienaikage : semi pro
42.Eight 52 : medium - semi pro
43.Banshi : unknown-rank
44.Kenhead : semi pro
45.Falco400 : he wouldnt know but i wouldnt either so i'll put him as...... unknown :)
46.toshiba :medium- semi pro
47.Deception :unknown rank
48.Brian_Link :medium rank
49.Luigimitsu :semi pro rank
50.Vladd92 :semi pro rank
51.Oi Kyon :unknown rank
52.Gazdakka Gizbang :unknown rank
53.Dazwa :unknown rank
54.kai yui :unknown rank
55.paki11 :medium rank
56.ThePlantiff
:medium - semi pro rank
57.Moldy Clay :unknown rank

The list is full sign ups closed!!!!

last 7 people
1. ChaosKnight -semipro
2. Raphs182
3. BDAOutlaw - semipro
4. Saurai -unknown
5. King Zeal
6. Keepingitfresh
7. Firebirt

SMASH BALLS ARE OFF AS OF NOW SORRY FOR THOSE WHO WANTED THEM.
Note: You can not switch between samus into samus in the middle of the match by pressing up down up down!!! Once you use someone, stick with them until the match between you and that person is over. EX: in a 2/3 match you use samus. Round 1 is over but you still have to use samus because you are still fighting the same person. Wait until you win or lose all the rounds between the person if you want to switch characters. CHOSE WISELY!!!!!!!!!!!!
If u wanna use zamus without a smash ball hold r before the match.

As everyone knows, there will be people disqualified for not being able to make it for the tourney. Although that may suck it can be a good thing because the tourney will go faster . COLOR]

If you have any questions contact me at my email gatewaymayo@2die4.com or my aim, A Tired Mayo

More to come, please register. Spamming this thread will result in Report. No warnings! Thank you. Post if you wanna join ^^

Atire

Smash Apprentice
This will be on wifi so no one has to go anywhere. Please post because we need more ppl. TY

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Eh, I'll join, probably medium-ish... I don't really care if I fight slightly higher than that. Should we just edit our posts when we get FCs? Also, you should PM me incase I don't remember this :p

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will enter :).

FTW.

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
Yea you can just update the posts as soon as brawl comes out. Just put in your FC and online name when you get them. Thanks guys you just saved our lives lol.

Atire

Smash Apprentice
12 So far. We need about 4 or 20 or more to do this. Please sign up ^^

Atire

Smash Apprentice
only approved brawl tournament stages, dont worry, it wont be stages that you can get killed by like bombs in mid air. The only way to die is to kill yourself or for someone to kill you ^^

Cocoashadow

Smash Apprentice
I'll join. I'd say my samus is medium. But I would not care fighting anyone higher. It might even be a sort of learning experience! My brawl name will be COCOA, if that matters.

Oh, and how are you going to record this? Because I have no means of doing so...

OH YEAH, and I added you (shadow 101 guy) to my buddy list, my screenname is cocoashadow. It says you are online, but you arn't replying...please add me and contact me when you see I'm on.

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
Sorry was asleep an forgot to turn of my comp. Ok , when Atire gets on I'll tell him to add you to the list.

Well , there's a record feature in melee that saves the vids to you Wii or SD card. So you can record it that way or if you don't want to your opponent could record it and send it to us and you. If you want it. Thats how we will have our results incase someone lies. Or we just might specate. We'll decide something.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I'll do this I would consider myself a medium to semi-pro melee player. I would love to play Hugs and other great Samus characters. Love Samus Dittos. PM me please to remind me to enter friend code. Look forward to playing everyone.

Atire

Smash Apprentice
Yeah mroe ppl have to join, even if samus isnt your main , jsut have fun and go for it! Theres no hating when someone uses samus ^^

Meljin

Smash Apprentice
Hello ^^. Can europeans (if the online can) will do this ? If we can, so i'll do this ^^. I'm a medium ranking in France, so... Bad in north america ? =)

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
IDK how medium would translate to America. But I'll put you down as medium either way. Yeah you can connect to America just make sure your router connection is decent so there's no super lag.

Thanks for joining :)

Atire

Smash Apprentice
Hello ^^. Can europeans (if the online can) will do this ? If we can, so i'll do this ^^. I'm a medium ranking in France, so... Bad in north america ? =)
Um i dont think you can enter unless you get brawl from america.
The release date in Europe is in Abotu April and the tournament is in March. Please reply because we want everyone to join.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Few questions/ thoughts. Most revolve around Final Smash and Samus transformation (don't know if best choice of words) into ZSSamus. First if it is discovered ZSSamus is a separate character or you can start as her would we still use Final Smashballs. Some people could be better with Samus then with ZSSamus and vice versa. The Final Smashballs could create disadvantages since both involve the character losing or gain the suit with the benefit of an awesome attack. When the game is released we will know more on how Samus and ZSSamus works and can make a decision on the Final Smashballs.

These are just thoughts I have and sorry for the long post. I'm still am very shicked for this community and look forward to playing everyone.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Few questions/ thoughts. Most revolve around Final Smash and Samus transformation (don't know if best choice of words) into ZSSamus. First if it is discovered ZSSamus is a separate character or you can start as her would we still use Final Smashballs. Some people could be better with Samus then with ZSSamus and vice versa. The Final Smashballs could create disadvantages since both involve the character losing or gain the suit with the benefit of an awesome attack. When the game is released we will know more on how Samus and ZSSamus works and can make a decision on the Final Smashballs.

These are just thoughts I have and sorry for the long post. I'm still am very stoked for this community and look forward to playing everyone. Sorry for double post Computer Lagged when I tried to submit

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
Np , we'll see what happens when brawl is released. So far all we know is that Samus turns into Zamus.

So far we have smash balls on. When brawl is released and if Zamus is a seperate char, we will consider if smash balls will be on or not.

Meljin

Smash Apprentice
Hm i know that the europeans will get the game in september 08 (?, maybe 09 or 10 :D) or more, but I've already picked up on a website a japanese wii + ssbb japenese... So don't worry, I think anyone would play vs anyone on the online =).
Will you need an e-mail adress or another thing for the inscription ?

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Well I'm guessing everyone has heard the news about Brawls delay. If you didn't sorry I had to break it to you. Anyway I think around first date now games release maybe we should hold online friendlies sort of as a meet and greet then a month later start the matches for really. Any input on that idea?

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
****. Yeah I heard about the delay. I'll just have to move it up to april 7th.

Ok friendlies is a good idea. Lets just wait for brawl to come out. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed again.

Reserves are still open so feel free to sign up. :)

Top Bottom