• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus's Super Dash

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
I've messed around with her for like an hour. The crazy bomb dash super dash whatever you wanna call it, has anyone noticed how easy it is compared to melee timing. I tried doing it in melee after I had success in P:M, but I didn't get one. image.jpg

Guarantee this little tech will be seen a lot more than in the past. I'm excited to see how it will be used in matches, hype.

Edit: Here is the video so you dont have to scroll through post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_TOzUauUvE&feature=youtu.be

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
The Super Wave Dash window is one frame longer. That is why it is easier to do compared to Melee. Also, please put your images in a collapse tag.

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
This is nowhere as cool as Shinesparking. Also, hello Samus mains. I think I'm being converted, but I can't do this for sh*t. >.<

Phantasmagorical

Smash Cadet
This is nowhere as cool as Shinesparking. Also, hello Samus mains. I think I'm being converted, but I can't do this for sh*t. >.<
I don't think you need to be able to super wavedash to have success with Samus. In Melee it's only a situational technique (mostly because it's so hard and only doable on FD). Considering all the other buffs Samus got in PM, you can probably get by without doing it. If she didn't need it in Melee, she probably doesn't need it in PM.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
I don't think you need to be able to super wavedash to have success with Samus. In Melee it's only a situational technique (mostly because it's so hard and only doable on FD). Considering all the other buffs Samus got in PM, you can probably get by without doing it. If she didn't need it in Melee, she probably doesn't need it in PM.
Oh I totally agree, but the more tricks you have in your bag, the MORE tricks you have in your bag lol

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
I posted the video to my first post in here,...check the top

Yeah I've watched it and have been practicing. IT's tough though. Then again I"m still a noob. I've only just gotten to where I can do things like wavedashing on command. (mostly)

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Yeah I've watched it and have been practicing. IT's tough though. Then again I"m still a noob. I've only just gotten to where I can do things like wavedashing on command. (mostly)
I can perfect WD with every char but I can only Wavedash if I use the R button. I started off using L, I just couldn't get the timing. I'd use L if I could. So try both buttons maybe one is better for you if you haven't decided already.

SWD flick left and right (or vice versa) as soon as samus touches ground. Once you do it a lot you will get the timing. I still can't do it everytime though,..I'll just have to keep workin on it.

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
I can perfect WD with every char but I can only Wavedash if I use the R button. I started off using L, I just couldn't get the timing. I'd use L if I could. So try both buttons maybe one is better for you if you haven't decided already.

SWD flick left and right (or vice versa) as soon as samus touches ground. Once you do it a lot you will get the timing. I still can't do it everytime though,..I'll just have to keep workin on it.

You and me both. :)

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
Should be called the Bombspark, lol

And she should totally make the shinespark sfx when doing it

GeZ

Smash Lord
SWD is very easy in P:M. Before my friend borrowed my Wii to practice I could do it consistently. Now, Double SWD is where the **** really hits the fan.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Holy hell, this is hard. I can't imagine trying to do this in Melee, what with the window to do this being half as big.

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
I am able to pull the SWD off pretty consistently melee. I find it way too easy in PM.
Just seems much less gratifying when everyone and their aunt can do it.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I am able to pull the SWD off pretty consistently melee. I find it way too easy in PM.
Just seems much less gratifying when everyone and their aunt can do it.
I dunno, now that it's more accessible, it can be weighed properly as a tool Samus mains have access to, and the meta can encompass it better.

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, now that it's more accessible, it can be weighed properly as a tool Samus mains have access to, and the meta can encompass it better.
There's that, too.
But in Melee, learning to do the SWD was like a difficulty curve that separated good Samus mains from great Samus mains.

Someone pulls out the SWD in a Melee tourney, you know they know you're impressed.
But now it's not in the same hat of tricks.
It used to be dependent of reaction time; now it's less so.

But this is just the complaint of someone who's no longer a special snowflake.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
There's that, too.
But in Melee, learning to do the SWD was like a difficulty curve that separated good Samus mains from great Samus mains.
You mean the good Samus mains attempted to do a SWD between stocks, and the great ones just charged up the power beam?

Litt

Samus
No, the good sami were able to charge the beam, allow the opponent to come in close to them, and swd across the stage to eat up time of their opponents invincibility

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
A thought occurred to me...
Instead of calling it the Super Wave Dash, let's call it the Ghetto Dash in honor of the Ghetto Jump from Super Metroid.
It's not like it occurs in any other character.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
-.- F**k the super wavedash man. The one time I ever used the damn thing in match, I got myself killed. (lol)

Litt

Samus
Ok, heres an idea... everyone shut up about renaming it... its been around for longer than almost all of you, so how about we just change your names? lolz

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
>longer than most of all of you
I'm tempted to go all sorts of old /v/ on you.
You people have no respect for the legacy a character carries, I tell you.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Likewise, you have no respect for the legacy of her character as it was in Melee.

/drops the mic and walks away

Litt

Samus
Yeah everyone... stfu about super dash... I will save everyone the trouble... The name of the tech is called the super wave dash... it will not be changed, end of discussion. If you care to discuss the tech, feel free to do so.

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
I do think it's a dumb name that has nothing to do with Samus or Wavedashing. Also, anyone can talk about anything, including the name. ^_^

Litt

Samus
No one cares what you think about whether the name is dumb or not, its not changing, move on to a different topic.

Top Bottom