• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus's Worst Stage?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yoshi's Story.

Jasona

Smash Ace
it depends on your style and experience. there are many stages that are legal that I've never played on. my worst stage would likely be somewhere that I'm unfamiliar with

mach5

Smash Journeyman
yeah yoshi's story, marths **** at that stage, and samus doesn't have enough room on the sides to survive long enough. if you DI up you die from a massive hit easier because its all so small.

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's story for sure. Not enough room to recover and there will be instances in which you feel 100% sure you'll recover, but the shallow edges will kill you. Shyguys have also ruined my bomb recoveries at times.

Battlefield used to be a weak stage for me, mainly because of recovery. I've learned, though, to grapple the central object thing at the bottom and either DI'ing or wall jumping to get back to the edge. Marth still dominates this stage, though.

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
yea yoshis story is pretty bad for samus, surely the worst neutral stage at least. i dont have much experience in anything that isnt neutral, but i know that samus doesnt do well in kongo jungle and pokefloats.

Jasona

Smash Ace
i think it would be easier to argue which of the random stages is her worst than choose from all of the legal ones. If i had to choose, i would always say that FD is my worst random stage, especially against a marth.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
i think it would be easier to argue which of the random stages is her worst than choose from all of the legal ones. If i had to choose, i would always say that FD is my worst random stage, especially against a marth.
I'll make sure to keep that in mind next time I play you in tournament ;)

Samus is weak vs marth on the ground. Marth can dtilt and keep samus away, requiring her to approach from the air where marth is superior.

I'd say samus's best stage vs marth is probably Dreamland 64 since it's large and marth can't get tippers on the platforms.

Watty

Smash Lord
first off yoshi story is not a bad samus stage. My favorite samus stage is yoshi story. I hate Battlefield because the ledges suck, sweet spotting is hard cause u cant go into the stage witht he up b or ull go under it. sweet spotting with the grapple is diffrent than on other stages. And the platform height BLOWS.

Now this marth business. Its not as bad as people make it out to be. I think samus does fine against marth on the ground its when samus is in the air and marth isn't is when its a problem. If some1 down tilts u to keep u away cc Downsmash em.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I ban Final Destination every tournament match. No platforms make me a sad panda.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
FD is a really bad stage for Samus, at least against characters that aren't phased by your projectiles (Marth, Space Animals, Marios). But my least favorite stage as Samus is most likely Yoshi Story. High floor and compactness can really mess up a match. I also hate the 64 version for the more general reason of knocking people off to the right being so hard.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
on the contrary, samus can do very well on poke floats. there's more breathing room than you think... just don't face falcon on this stage.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
on the contrary, samus can do very well on poke floats. there's more breathing room than you think... just don't face falcon on this stage.
Poké Floats has the single lowest Ceiling like ever; it's an awful level to face Foxes or Falcos. I got 3-stocked in a tournament set on that level, and 2-stocked him the other 2 matches against Rice, a good FL falco.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Although not a Samus player myself, I face several Samus's using my Falco and there's never any stage I love to see random select more than Yoshi's Story. Almost every major recovery / platform / spamming advantage Samus has gets minimized there.

yoshis down b owns

Smash Cadet
watty im just wondering why you like yoshi's story so much? small stage. marth tips on platforms and samus is tall so her shield doesnt always cover her feet.

Shapechanger

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I think it's Battlefield, because, due to the constricting sides and difficulty to grapple the edge, it makes Samus's recovery much weaker.

That, and I can't win on Battlefield. Ever. No matter which character I play. I'm cursed.

Watty

Smash Lord
watty im just wondering why you like yoshi's story so much? small stage. marth tips on platforms and samus is tall so her shield doesnt always cover her feet.
well, tippers do suck lol but marth cant tipper u on the ledge easily because
the edges are slanted, from grabs its a diffrent story juss DI as best u can and hope ofr the best. I am almost never about a marth on YS so the shield covering of the feet wouldnt really apply. I know marths look for that so I avoid that in general.

I play extremely offensive and love to short hop platform missile cancel (also named the Oscar Myer Weiner) small stages make it hard to avoid the missiles, most characters are on the defensive against me so its much easier to catch them, and finally I go for quick kills small sides means quicker kills for me. Think about it, some1 said it earlier samus can die really fast there and she has an amazing recovery so against some characters if samus dies fast they must die really fast.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Kongo 64 I'd say. It like ruins all aspects of Samus' game. As for neutral stages, I'd say Samus is good on all of them. BF isn't really bad, you just have to utilize DJs well, rising grapple to sweetspot the edge quickly, and make sure that you're either on the ground or on the top platform trying to run away. YS is like a combo fest for Samus, and lightshielding on the platforms protects Samus' feet pretty well. I'd say that Pokestaidum could actually be the worst, just because of the changing stages, and Samus is pretty bad on the rock and fire stage.

Hate/Slim

Smash Rookie
i think its either yoshis story or battlefield both are kinda small and on battle field it harder to recover with the grapple beam yoshis story there just isnt enough room

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
im pretty sure battlefield is one of hugs' favorite stages. im too lazy to find the link, but he said something about although its not good for samus' recovery, it hurts his opponents' recoveries more.

also, hugs suggested counterpicking fod against campy foxes and falcos, although i dont know about counterpicking it against falcos cuz fod is one of falco's best stages.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
yeah HugS did metion how he uses BF for counter picks
As far as Samus best map it would dpend on the char your facing but most would say DL64.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
its's probably been said but the worst neutral stage is FD. it's so big and takes long time to kill. CF, falco, fox, and marth is a hard match in FD, but it's not worth banning. mute city and that one ness stage i think is worst.
also i love to counterpick BF against fox/falco. their recovery is so bad once they're below the level.

Kick

Smash Apprentice
i love yoshi's story. the platforms are the same as pokemon stadium and allow additional missles when least expected. I play Samus fairly strangely from others; i kinda play like a luigi, but with samus.

anyways, i think the worst neutral samus stage is FoD. Yeah you have the excellent recovery, but its too small, plats suck and the water reflections trip me out.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
FD is actually my favorite stage for Samus...Samus players tend to have varied styles compared to some other characters..Marth for example so of course our preferences are going to be different. I believe YS to be Samus's worst stage only because I cannot find any other stage that gives her more disadvantages. Yeah she can combo great but the celing is low and the sides are shallow. You can say it gives the same disadvantages to other characters but it doesn't. Because samus doesn't kill off the top. I'm not saying the stage is horrible for her I'm just saying I don't see any other stage that has as many disadvantages as this one. And of course you have to take match-ups in consideration when picking a stage.

Kick

Smash Apprentice
YS is way smaller than FoD.

You can die much easier on YS and there is almost no recovery game.
true, but not that much smaller. plus the flat sides allow for wall jump tricks like a walljump, doublejump into them and bair. very unexpected. i like YS, but thats just me.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
fountain of dreams is definitly the best, next i would say fd then poke stadium. Ys is the worst but i sometimes like it because i get alot of gimps on poeple(running off stage and blasting beam):)

mach5

Smash Journeyman
never pick FD against a falco. its so **** annoying trying to get half way across the field when you get shot by lazers, when you jump you get shot and then brought down because of lazers, then when you get close enough it drill kicks you. i'd pick stupid stages like mute city or kongo jungle or corneria. Kongo jungle because samus it gives samus a high roof and can easily make it back with an attack. Mute city because against fox's and falcos and anyone else who has a bad recover can easily be set up to die. and corneria because of the up+b to the tip of the ship then dropping air attacks with invincibility frames help alot.

Kick

Smash Apprentice
w.e. i still like YS, though youre right about the ceiling.

oh and a cool thing that you can do on YS is bomb jumping off shyguys. its like turnip jumping, but no turnip

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
I dislike Yoshi's story, but I can still play it. Battlefield is my bane. I hate that level with a passion.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
w.e. i still like YS, though youre right about the ceiling.

oh and a cool thing that you can do on YS is bomb jumping off shyguys. its like turnip jumping, but no turnip
wait till they intercept a well charge shot in a tournament game and you were about to win with that,

IT HAPPENS!!!!!!!:psycho: :psycho:

Kick

Smash Apprentice
thats why you have to kill them every time they appear on screen. ignore your opponent and go for the shy guys.

must kill the shy guys

Hate/Slim

Smash Rookie
thats why you have to kill them every time they appear on screen. ignore your opponent and go for the shy guys.

must kill the shy guys
lol heck ya its funny to see them fly off spinning lol i hate freaking yoshis story

mach5

Smash Journeyman
if you want a best stage, pick stages with bad ledges or can go through the floor, like mute city, and dk64 haha. those stages i win all the time on.

Top Bottom