• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
I am sorry but it looks like our plans for Whobo have hit big bump in the road. I am currently on suspension from my job, and there is a 90% chance that I will be fired. That means the hotel we were going with is probably not an option seing as how we will be having to pay full price.

alternatives-

1. Find housing

2. Motels- about the same price as the rooms I was getting

either way this may be my last OOC tourny for a while.

Plus I am not sure if I will even be able to score the van once my folks hear that I will probably loose my job:(

keep you chins up though, we are a resourcefull bunch and I am sure we can come up with something from now till then.

Suspect

Smash Hero
That really sucks juj, I can't even imagine someone like you getting fired from a job....unless you were sneaking in those white girls' rooms again :troll:

edit: And dang I forgot about the 3DS and pokemon b/w

hype indeed

Nike.

Smash Hero
Anime Matsuri @ Crowne Plaza Hotel
8686 Kirby Drive, Houston, Texas 77054
Hotel phone number= 1-(713) 748-3221.
Call them and mention "anime matsuri" for a huge discount on rooms but u must act NOW.
There's the info for the hotel. Would it be a good idea to call them and ask how much the rate is for a double bed room and the anime matsuri discount?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
!

Damn it. That's the ****tiest luck I've ever heard, JUJ. So sorry to hear that, bro.

Do keep me posted on everything that is happening though, please, whether I'd need housing of sorts or we find some motel/cheaper hotel. If we can still manage the 17th, that'd be amazing too.

Best of luck with your work and everything JUJ.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
I am sorry but it looks like our plans for Whobo have hit big bump in the road. I am currently on suspension from my job, and there is a 90% chance that I will be fired. That means the hotel we were going with is probably not an option seing as how we will be having to pay full price.

alternatives-

1. Find housing

2. Motels- about the same price as the rooms I was getting

either way this may be my last OOC tourny for a while.

Plus I am not sure if I will even be able to score the van once my folks hear that I will probably loose my job:(

keep you chins up though, we are a resourcefull bunch and I am sure we can come up with something from now till then.

good luck with your job james.

im fine with a motel.

Nike.

Smash Hero
But I'm in Nike status mode. I'm shy on the phone to mean hotel ppl :(

Kurado, I'm pretty sure that regardless of the hotel situation, we're gonna be driving to Houston on the 17th (day before the first day of the tourney). What are your arrival times for that day?

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
There's the info for the hotel. Would it be a good idea to call them and ask how much the rate is for a double bed room and the anime matsuri discount?
I reserved a room at the venue hotel already back in January. It is $139 a night and I already have five people so that cuts it down to $28 per person per night.

Here's the info below:

Room Rate Per Night: Thu 17 Mar 2011 - Sun 20 Mar 2011 $139.00 (USD)
1 room(s)
Tax: $70.89 (USD)
Estimated Total Price: $487.89 (USD)

We are still looking for a few more people so if you some of you are interested, PM me.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
I reserved a room at the venue hotel already back in January. It is $139 a night and I already have five people so that cuts it down to $28 per person per night.

Here's the info below:

Room Rate Per Night: Thu 17 Mar 2011 - Sun 20 Mar 2011 $139.00 (USD)
1 room(s)
Tax: $70.89 (USD)
Estimated Total Price: $487.89 (USD)

We are still looking for a few more people so if you some of you are interested, PM me.
thats still to expensive for most of the ppl in sa :embarrass:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I haven't gotten the tickets yet, which is why I was waiting for confirmation before I bought anything.

My arrival time to Houston is 4:40 PM though, if I go with the one I want.

Still a great deal on the price too. So if you guys get a hotel confirmation on where you'll be, if we've got a dece pricing on it, I'll buy the plane tickets and be 100% confirmed. Could even handle that today if we're quick enough! I really wanna be with you guys.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?pa=30&pn=1&ps=30&reviewOrder=date_newest_first&rooms[2].numberOfAdults=4&roomno=3&departureDate=03-20-11&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=4&tab=description&arrivalDate=03-17-11&hotelId=113277&validate=false&rooms[1].numberOfAdults=4#description

Make sure to change search results to the number of rooms you want, but don't put more than 4 per room or it won't show up. It's affordable and all, but I don't know how big it really is.

This url is giving me trouble...
Don't click, copy and paste.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
:awesome:

ASSISTANCE FROM YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD CANADIAN

JUJ, Nike, everyone, click here.

http://www.hotels.com/search/search...=8&r=4;4;4;4;4;4;4;4&cpr=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&pn=1

For all the people that are coming to WHOBO 3, these are all the hotel rates that I've found. 8 rooms, 4 people per room, and there's some fair rates here. Now, the big question here is which one is best location wise? This is about all I can do for you guys because I do not know anything about the Houston area. So let's figure this out! And if some places have playable TVs, even better.

Kuraudo with the OTG assist.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the help guys. I am sure we can find something affordable, and close enough to the venue.:)

Now do we still wanna shoot for staying thursday, friday, and saturdya night?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd prefer Thursday, because then not only do we have to not drive all the way to the tournament Friday morning and have to work off all that driving fatigue, but we can be fresh and ready Friday morning and only drive a short distance to the venue.

It also helps Kuraudo save some on his travel expenses as well.

Still your call, but whatever works best.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Nike, get MvC3 and we can Dante ditto, since he's gay and has a sword thing, like Marth :awesome:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Dang Juj sucks about probably losing your job and the hotel.
I'm fine with all of us renting a room in the Anime convention for WHOBO 3, but that can be our back-up plan if we don't find a better hotel.

Also B/W... I haven't forgotten, still ever since my DS/Soul Silver was stolen i've lost the motivation to go through all the badges elite four re-catching all these pokemans and EV training. I'm just lazy so i'll probably just start again once B/W comes out and use Soul Silver later on for pokemon i don't have in the 5th gen game. :troll:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
JUJ, Nike!

I found the perfect place.

http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details...17-2011&rooms[1].numberOfAdults=4#description

Everybody click here for this hotel. The price is guaranteed to match. It is a 14 minute drive to the convention, 30 minutes guestimated if we run into traffic. $86 per night, when split up between 4 people is about $21/$22 per person.

We're looking at the best case scenario so far from what I've found. If one of you guys could give them a shout to determine if there's 8 rooms available and the like, we are golden. Have I mentioned that Houston is freaking huge? Dang. It took me long enough to find a close enough route.

[EDIT]

lol, just copy pasta the whole thing.

[EDIT #2]

Another option I've found.

http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details...17-2011&rooms[1].numberOfAdults=4#description

One route will take us 17 minutes to get there. 25 minutes with traffic. The rate is $69 per night.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
sorry to hear about your job, james. hope it all works out.

• regarding the housing issue, i think we should settle on a motel or one of the cheap hotels that kuraudo listed. it would be best to drive into houston thursday night and stay all the way until saturday night (leaving sunday). this gives everyone time to rest and warm-up the night before and assists kuraudo w/his situation.

• let's also get situated w/the registration. if we all plan on getting that group discount, we need to find someone that can pay for everyone and we all give that person our money. we should probably get on that soon. earliest day for a man-council everyone? i'm free anytime after 8:30 tonight.

• we also need to come up with an alternative to juj's van if he cannot snag it for whobo3. does anyone have a relative or friend that would be willing to let us borrow their suv/van from thursday-sunday? everyone going should get to asking and find out what they can. zero, see what you can do about your van. i know you said it might not be available, but ask anyway.
let's get to work, SA.

@nike: actually, i would if i had my car. :urg:

PyleDriver1690

Smash Cadet
played this guy online who had 35 wins and like 9 losses and was on a 3 game win streak.

Thought i would end it.

he was arthur, sentinel and zero.

Pretty much straight spam. Oh well. :awesome:

Suspect

Smash Hero
I hate all of you
payback for the all the nike statuses

edit: I stopped playing online after I kept getting the same people in a row. Now im at 30 and 10 but only lost to about 3-4 people, it's stupid how i kept getting matched up against the same person. I even had an 11 game win streak.

im retired now tho, so its cool :reverse:

Suspect

Smash Hero
I cant play games for "fun" really anymore, everything is competitive to me.

boss on that button masher logic :glare:

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry to hear that JuJ, that really sucks :<<< . Really do hope everything turns out better in the soon future

As for housing status goes, I'm also willing to pitch in for hotel accommodations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom