• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I would like to go to whobo 5 since I'll be living in Houston soon...just I know I need a lot more practice/training before I can feel comfortable attending :S

Nike.

Smash Hero
Alright so tmrw I'm gonna be all over the place to get tvs (crt, can play brawl, etc) ready for San Japan. We need 8 I've got 3-4 ATM. If anybody here is willing to donate a tv for the weekend, I'll be more than happy to come over and pick it up from you and return it either Sunday or Monday. As a way of showing thanks, I'll literally give you any one of mine for free (trying to get rid of them now).

Also, is anybody from SA attending outside of me and Espy?

Valdens

Smash Ace
Nike, I'll be attending. Are you volunteering? Are you going to be helping run the tournament at all or anything? It'd sure suck to not get a spot <_<

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll take a TV or two off your hands Nike. I should have some room here at home.
I'll also be taking mine along as well. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Valdens, the only way you can get a volunteer spot is to talk with Fishouse. I messaged him on July 30th (should've been earlier but espy and I both forgot to remind each other to give me his email) and I still heard nothing from him. But, due to a bit of talking with family. I might use $40 to enter SJ anyways.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Thankfully my card has 40 bucks on it so I can register online. Only problem now is the site is loading like a snail and not allowing me to buy my badge.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Nike, I'll be attending. Are you volunteering? Are you going to be helping run the tournament at all or anything? It'd sure suck to not get a spot <_<
Yes, Espy and I volunteered and are running brawl. Sign ups will begin on Saturday, probably at 11am-12pm ish. However we're unsure of whether or not we're capping at 32 or 64 entrants, which is ultimately up to the guy in charge of the game room. Personally, assuming there's enough setups, I want it at 64.

We can't just reserve spots though.
EX: Slush and Kprime reserve spots but haven't showed up and payed. We cap at 32/64 and two ppl come afterwards to enter. We will be giving the boot to slush and Kprime in this scenario. So please show up early to guarantee a spot in the tourney.

Also, idk wtf happened last year with players getting in late and for free, but that shady **** is not flying this year lol. I've had multiple ppl txt me recently about getting in the tourney for free and that is not happening. Also, If anyone decides to be brave and not buy a badge and try to sneak in the game room, good luck lol. I won't cover for you if your caught though so be smart about it.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I can lend a tv. Problem is, it's heavier than a house.
How big is the screen?

EDIT: Eff guys, forgot to ask about wii's too lol. We need more wii's with brawl disc!

TV's
1. Nike
2. Nike
3. Nike
4. Nike
5. Espy
6. Slush
7. Refort

Wii's
1. Nike
2-8. :(

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't think there was anything with people getting in the tournament for free. Just Denti being saved a spot for the tournament and getting into the game room without a badge cause Kyle "promised" him things. Then some problems with him like taking his wii away mid tournament to have it signed by egoraptor and wandering off here or there when the tournament was about to start.

Also having second thoughts again on this tournament. One hand, going and playing brawl and I think access to dealers room with Saturday pass. Other hand $40 spent, TV and two wii's left behind if I provided anything without me being there to watch em. (mostly cause my stuff tends to not be used in most tournaments and replaced by other wiis. Maybe cause of the hacks?)

That is... if the site will even let me register, still loading incredibly slow and not getting past the 3rd thing for pre registering online.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
^ Right. We're having them on Tuesdays now.
The last one we had, had a pretty decent turn out considering only 3 of the usuals showed up (myself, kj, and mimgrim) had a good bunch of new players show up.
Hey, is Tuesdays gonna be a regular thing from now on? I want to go there during school, but that will be a problem for me.

I think I am the only person who still goes to school on this thread :awesome:

Nike.

Smash Hero
He said Tournament. Even though I knew what he meant I felt like pointing out it was Denti only.
I mentioned both but I'll try to put it easier in case there was any confusion:

-No free entry into the brawl tourney. It's $5.
-sneaking into the con/gameroom without a badge is your choice if you want to be brave, but im not gonna bail you out if your caught.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Say hello to that batman girl for me even though she isnt legal yet, think she will be legal at San Japan 8 so im not mad about missing this one tbh.

Nike.

Smash Hero
If I'm reading the site right, there's registration tonight from 7-11pm. I'll confirm in an hour since I'll be dropping off tvs, but I'll be back there around that time period. Would you wanna go withe slush?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Won't be attending SJ but my Wii plus Brawl minus the Sensor Bar is still unhooked and pretty close to an empty backpack.
I could drop it off at Espy or Slush's tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be around the UTSA area from 1~4PM for a Final.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Btw, Castro, you should come to the next Brawlfest @ Ooples, Turbo confirmed xD

Hey, is Tuesdays gonna be a regular thing from now on? I want to go there during school, but that will be a problem for me.

I think I am the only person who still goes to school on this thread :awesome:
I'll probably be moving it to Saturdays or Sundays, but it really depends on how successful scheduling adjustments are for the following months. As for this month though, it'll most likely stay on Tuesdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom