• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to thank everyone who pitched in for the Snorlax plushie. It's my first one and I love it. Y'all really didn't have to but I appreciate it <3 y'all are awesome. Now beware as this plushie unleashes hidden potential and help create SnorlaxPie500000000000.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
So guys, looks like the meta is starting to test out custom moves now.

Does this mean I finally have to grind customs?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I highly doubt Houston will touch customs anytime soon until August maybe and we're not touching em fer now until the first Monthly with the top 10 passes by then we can prolly talk about all that.

Jopan1026

Smash Cadet
I think using customs would make our stream stand out, unless other streamed tournaments are doing that already.
This video here details a practical way to include custom moves in tournaments.
(I still can't post links so seach this video in Youtube)
"Official Standard Custom Moveset Project Introduction" by Junglechief87

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Other tournaments are already jumping on the ball with customs.
Like, as soon as apex ended there was tournaments happening during the week with customs.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
okay, stupid question time! With the new 3ds coming out with the c-stick, would it be feasible to have an additional event during weeklies/monthlies for a sort of 3DS league? This is assuming, of course, that the c-stick works with smash 4.

TehLamp

Smash Cadet
NNID
TehLamp
Theres already time problems having a single wii u event a lot of times and the legal stages in the wii u version are way better. (smashville) If you wanna use the new 3ds with the c stick you can use it as a controller on the wii u the new 3ds c stick supports smash.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I dunno, I think everyone made the right choice to not spend 250+ for the handheld with controls that's just not good at all for Smash and the demo version of Smash 4.

Anyone who has a 3ds before the smash 4 announcements and all that prolly had it for other games so were fortunate for it to be on the handheld too.

Though mostly unfortunate imo since Smash 4 is a good way to break your 3DS.
Just wish there was more videos of people raging and throwing their handheld like people do with controllers, that's all I wanted to see before superior version was released is that too hard to ask...

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Seeding was random and we just made sure top players didn't play one another super early in bracket. Oh and Espy went all Lil Mac.

Jopan1026

Smash Cadet
Yeah good job incendiary, just what were you listening to on your phone lol?
I get so unbelievably wrecked by sp500, I don't even...
About the customs, I think they deserve a real chance. People should stop worrying about whether or not something seems tournament legal or not, and let it play out on it's own. We try customs, if it turns out to be a horrible idea, so be it. The same thing goes with stages. I think there is actually more stages that should be legal at least as counter picks. There is no reason for smash 4 rule set to act like a continuation of brawl's rule sets. Don't forget the Melee scene started with items on in tournaments lol. With that said, I think we can safely say that items don't deserve a chance obviously... even if that is hypocritical lol.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Thankfully Doddy King invalidates Rosalina.

Customs are meh at best, my reasoning for not wanting them for now is cause rather wait until the end of our first 4 month weeklies before testing them out during 2nd season maybe.

Even then
>grinding all the customs
>even if somebody has a 3DS with all the customs, takes a few minutes to transfer all of the sets onto a Wii U and generally no idea if it might have some stat changes on any unless waste more time checking, or if crazy enuff check every single set for every single character
>every wii u setup having every single custom or even if not all of em, specific wii u's with specific customs I WANT LICK BUT IT'S ON TV 700 + 666 ONLY AND I PLAYING ON STREAM SET UP 60
>some customs plain broken or just plain godawful so y go through trouble of having everyone grind for customs when some peoples characters don't benefit from customs
>Smash 4

There's too many negatives here to list compared to the positives but Smash 4 is the biggest one of the hundreds.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Customs is that and plus more hassle. Besides, it's more aligned to a side event rather than a main. You even have to toggle a button to enable them. It ain't For Glory, but still keeping it simple. People are just whiny about camping walk offs afai hear.
:phone:

Top Bottom