• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

LHG

Smash Journeyman
SHOUTS:

Havok - Thanks for having us over, was good seeing you with the rest of south SD. Thanks for having Melee! :D

Pnoy - Congrats on back to back 3rd placings, teams could have gone better, I effed up. Thanks for letting me crash on your couch when we got back lol.

J Flo - Dawg, you need to keep the energy level down in the car man. ;D

Rickety - I can't wobble in tourney even if I tried. :( Keepin it real with that Sheik, stop sandbagging with Falco. :psycho: Was good to see you as always, BRINGING BACK THAT SD '07 MELEE STYLE.

Jeff & Judd - OOOOOOOHHHH "he was good?" Always a blast kickin it with you two, I wish Pnoy and I played you guys in teams, would have been hilarious and LOUD.

Hall & Oats - You guys make our visits awesome. Still hilarious as ever, we should have played Melee, hell, I woulda played Brawl with you guys just to kick it and catch up.

Little Fumi & Zen - I hate you guys. :psycho: lol nah jk, good **** in teams, you guys really stepped it up in loser's finals. We'll get you guys next time. :)

Kira - Congrats on 1st, and thanks for the kind words, I want/need to learn how to play against Sheiks better.

Jkun - Nice meeting you dude, we should've played some friendlies or something.

Psychomidget & Connor - You guys are way too good, wrecking every other team.

Can't think of anyone else right now... was chill being back in Chula Vista again.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Kira - nice meeting you dude, lets falco ditto sometime
i love falco dittos. what was your tag again?

Jkun - solid marth dude, should've closed it up on the second match haha, your shield grabbing ability is godlike
it's cause he just spams it LOL

any time you're close to his shield he'll do it

and im saying it cause he needs to work on it ;)

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
i love falco dittos. what was your tag again?
G&T, i go to basically all the tourneys in SD but not much outside unfortunately. lol and yeah i totally got owned by that spamming, but whenever i went in to grab he grabbed me first, so i felt my options were limited. suggestions? and definitely ditto sometime

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Just DD camp Jkun until he tries to fair you or something then dash attack or grab him. That's probably a terrible idea with Falco, but it works with a lot of other characters.

DJMirror

Smash Master
^^^^ thanks for spoiling my weakness

or the other hand this will help me improve by not using Shield grab alot

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
Just DD camp Jkun until he tries to fair you or something then dash attack or grab him. That's probably a terrible idea with Falco, but it works with a lot of other characters.
yeah i'm not sure the DD covers enough distance to really dodge the f-air effectively, but needless to say i'll have a different strategy next time. **** and i wanted to play zephyr afterwards too...

Kira-

Smash Champion
G&T, i go to basically all the tourneys in SD but not much outside unfortunately. lol and yeah i totally got owned by that spamming, but whenever i went in to grab he grabbed me first, so i felt my options were limited. suggestions? and definitely ditto sometime
he shouldnt be able to grab you if you do it right

if you do laser > grab then he can, but just do laser > shine/jab and he cant get you (will work as long as you do it fast enough)

also if he's grabbing between lasers just throw a dair or nair at him, attacks beat grabs, standard rock paper scissors. but if you laser too close he can grab before your attack comes out, marths grab is dumb

if you pull this off enough he'll end up shielding a lot and thats when you start grabbing again

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
super late shout-outs :3

shouts:

Havok: Thanks for letting me spend the night and hosting the poker and seeing rickety under the influence were fun lol :3 and also I had trouble finding the 805 north from where I dropped the mexican smashers off, I found it eventually though I really need a cell phone I so don't have to ask random people on the street for directions haha :)

Soid: I had some fun friendlies with you :)

MogX and Soid: thanks for humoring my stupid questions about spanish and trying to explain things to me

Kira: Thanks for the tips and friendlies we need to play more I have a large problem with consistency sometimes I'll have a 2 hour period where I play really well and sometimes just about anyone can beat me. I really need to learn how to deal with that.

Rickety: Your too good, so stop sandbagging :p also that was a decent PR, any plans to put it up soon? Oh and of course it was great seeing you and hanging out :)

LHG: we didn't friendly or MM :( . next time maybe?

Jflo: I didn't even Notice you until right before you left haha friendlies next time?

Pnoy: Your too good man :)

G&T: definitely more friendlies next time :)

Santi: your yoshi is amazing

Zen: good Job in the tournament :) we need to play sometime

SK: thanks for rapin me in Falcon dittos :3

Hope I didn't miss anyone :)

Zephyr

Smash Lord
does anyone what to play me or like train my doc or something lol XD. We could chill and listen to fly beats while we play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc7H3SrK4DM.
I'm cool to play pretty much anytime. In fact, I think I'm open on Friday if you wanna drive over to my place in PQ (I don't have gas, so I can't drive anywhere). Hit me up on AIM or PM if you wanna play.

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
SHOUTOUTS

rickety- i dont know how i didnt grab that ledge but w/e, u picked a dumb stage! but u r really good and should forget brawl (if u havent already) and stick to melee =)

LHG and Pinoy- we gave you the win in winners, we just wanted to give you some confidence but then we had to **** u in losers. haha jk but u guys r super good, pinoy i dont even know how u do that falcon **** and lhg ur peach is pro.

Lanstar- u r much better since the last time i played u. ur marth is really good and i got to watch out for you in tourney in the future

connor and physchomidget- **** u guys! jk but me and zen will get u guys next time. u guys r 2 good. connor i dont know how u do that down b up smash but u gotta teach me it.

jkun- it was cool meeting u and shield grabbing is sexy, just dont make it too predictable, but i do the same thing with fox so its all good.

sa2jeff- sry we didnt get to play, i thought i was going to leave immediately but it ended up being like 30minutes. ur peach is really good and i will play u next tourney

kira- nice winning first, lucky for u though i had to leave cuz that first place would have been mine. jk but i want to play u next tourney in a set. yoshi vs shiek on final destination.

sk and gat- i always get confused on which one of u is which but u both r really good and to the falco (sk i think) sry i couldnt give u any helpful advice when we were talking, i dont know much about falco except just to shoot, down air and shine.

zen- good job in teams

zephyr- i havent really ever gotten to play u but i like ur foxes style. we should play, ur really good

havoc- almost forgot u, but good job having the tourney and good luck playing melee.

mogx- ur samus is very good and its the best samus i have ever played.

soid- all of u tijuana players r super good, soid ur fox and marth r really **** good

um i might have forgotten someone but im tired so ya......

Rickety

Peace and Love
76OHHHHHHHceanside! <3

We need a May-Lay Baybee tournament sometime soon.

Maybe we can beg Pat for one!
Or we can beg Jeff!
Or Havok?
Rickety?

<3

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
connor and physchomidget- **** u guys! jk but me and zen will get u guys next time. u guys r 2 good. connor i dont know how u do that down b up smash but u gotta teach me it.
lol, it's basically the same inputs as shine bair, except you do up on the cstick. you got this.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
For shine upsmash I just shine then JC the upsmash with the control stick and c stick. It's a lot easier than it looks, which is why I'm able to do it. >_<

Gishnak

Smash Ace
So does anyone want to throw a mini-smashfest or tourney sometime this weekend? I'll be in town, and I'd love to play melee with some san diego peeps.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Wait, seriously? You're this good and you don't know how to jump cancel? I'm not sure if I'm being messed with or not.

Sweet. LF's gonna get so good at this game. XD

Basically, you jump cancel by jumping then either upsmashing, shining or grabbing before you leave the ground. Once you press the jump button, you have a window of 4 frames (1/15 of a second) in which you can do either of those three things. This is how doubleshines work.

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
Wait, seriously? You're this good and you don't know how to jump cancel? I'm not sure if I'm being messed with or not.

Sweet. LF's gonna get so good at this game. XD

Basically, you jump cancel by jumping then either upsmashing, shining or grabbing before you leave the ground. Once you press the jump button, you have a window of 4 frames (1/15 of a second) in which you can do either of those three things. This is how doubleshines work.
o ok nvm i can do that

Top Bottom