• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
**** man i have work for the next couple mondays.im about to request mondays off from now on.i really wanna go to the ucsd smashfests

bruceleeland

Smash Apprentice
jun wanna play tonight?

If i can get a ride tomorrow, I'll bring a TV and you guys can keep at the lodge for now. I'm not using it now so keeping it in the lodge would help the smashfests out.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
i'll be showing up somewhere between 1 and 2. from what i've been hearing we should have 1 or 2 more setups coming.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
success

good **** san diego for bringing setups for once, to everyone who didn't come, you guys should make next one. maybe we should have some mini tournament, or maybe just some round robin doubles business. it would seem that SD could use work in doubles...

(me and richard)
Double Ganon: 19 - 0
G&W n Roy: 8 - 1

step it up SD

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
yeah i'm trying to have these every monday till school gets out. I'm thinking about having a local triweekly on memorial day too. Probably just 1 dollar entry 80/20 for 1st and 2nd. I'm not so much interested in making a a large pot, but rather prep SD folks for tournament style play.

Then i'll probably just have free doubles tournament that day.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
i know this is a lot to ask for just me,but can we possibly move these to tuesdays?! :] ..my boss thought it'd be cool to make me the "main closer" -___- ..i appreciate the hours,but i really wanna go to these,and im pretty much locked into my schedule.its cool if its impossible,just asking haha

Jun.

Smash Lord
can I motion for these to be moved to Sunday morning/afternoon ish? that way there will be no schedule/school conflicts?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
silly P that was a free shake, nothing is owed.

I suppose the day could be moved. but first lemme go through my reasoning for having these on mondays.
First off, I can't do this at all on tuesday or thursday (class from 8:00-2:00 and work from 3:00-7:00)
sundays could work, but i avoided the weekends because other student orgs reserve the lodge legitimately and I'd like to avoid having to do that ($50 bucks per reservation)
wednesday and friday are both viable i suppose. I stayed away from friday because tournaments are typically on saturday and that's way too much smash in that period of time. not to mention if i was hosting a triweekly the day after i'd just be really unmotivated.
saturday is self explanatory.
and lastly this gives us all a reason to look forward to monday, which is much needed as a college student.

but yeah, all-in-all this is for you folks, and not so much me so i could definitely move the day if there's enough demand for it. but it seems like it's been working out so far

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
i think it should be on the day that the majority of people want.im the only one who wants it changed really because of work haha,but i can always request off triweeklies

Jun.

Smash Lord
UCSD people should think of more places which we can "invade" for about 6 hours on campus.

but yeah a lot of UCSD people can't come out because of class and if they can they leave early or come late. Sundays obviously won't have that problem. But I mean if other orgs will reserve it i guess we'll either have to keep it monday or find another place?

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
If we move it to sunday, there would be no way BOK and I could make it. We take the bus all the way from El Cajon to smash with you guys.
Keep it on Monday.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
they normally start around 2 ish. sometimes a little before, sometimes a bit after. Things get going full speed around 3 and wind down around 8.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
this is gonna sound kinda lame,but at the first one of these,where we only had one tv,i really liked it haha.we didnt need like 2 or 3 more tvs because the crew battle was amazing,and i honestly didnt mind waiting to play everyone in 1v1s.im afraid if we get "too many" setups,it'd cause people to play with only the people they know or come with.then again i know SD isnt a bunch of socially awkward losers soooo..i could just be yapping on haha.but anyway,though i havent been to the last two (i'll be able to make the one after this monday though!),i just wanted to say that this is STILL a hella good idea.thanks and props to pat,and UCSD smashers.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
nah the crew battles still happen like normal, the other TVs are turned off and everyone just watches the big one, so no worries there.

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
I know where you're sayin ChizzleSD. Im known for getting lost in matches on a single T.V. But im thinking we could run small single and doubles tournies and stuff. There are plenty of things that could keep us all active.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
I know where you're sayin ChizzleSD. Im known for getting lost in matches on a single T.V. But im thinking we could run small single and doubles tournies and stuff. There are plenty of things that could keep us all active.
Yeah i was thinking the same thing.yay brainstorming!

Conscious

Smash Rookie
yo I live in SD and im down to show up to some up these functions, can someone inform me when the next ****'s going on

Adam M!

Smash Lord
why would you expect people to reward your laziness? if you want to play then keep your eyes and ears open. LOL @ expecting people to hit you up and tell you when they're going on

Top Bottom