• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
yo I live in SD and im down to show up to some up these functions, can someone inform me when the next ****'s going on
are you consercrationx?? If so im fxaltop from aim. I might be going to this one today. They are every monday at like 2ish(the "ish" being usually after 2) to whenever because smashers apparently have no since of time. You should come by. Me and Naleek are usually there early and even if we arent, there should be ppl showing up. Its pretty fun and good way to get tourny experience without the tourny. Location is the lodge, should be an address on the OP of the thread.

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
why would you expect people to reward your laziness? if you want to play then keep your eyes and ears open. LOL @ expecting people to hit you up and tell you when they're going on
hahaha that was a little harsh o_o hes obviously new lol. Don't scare new smashers away, he just wants to play lmao.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i was just telling it like it is. =P if people interpret it as harsh that's really just them reading into it. i mean i understand where they/you are coming from but they're just words, only humans attach the emotion to them.

and if he was serious about other people hitting him up when smashfests are going on then he was never gonna be apart of the community anyway

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
i was just telling it like it is. =P if people interpret it as harsh that's really just them reading into it. i mean i understand where they/you are coming from but they're just words, only humans attach the emotion to them.

and if he was serious about other people hitting him up when smashfests are going on then he was never gonna be apart of the community anyway
That is a weird outlook when it comes to excepting new ppl that are uneducated about the smash scene. Why write something that can be interpreted as harsh. Thats what smileys and "hahas" are for lol. I would only approach in that kind of way if he has obviously around for awhile. I mean a simple. "Just look at the OP dude has all the info you need." would do. Instead of calling him lazy and blah blah. But i know where you're coming from.

I thought we were the friendless community out there o_o.

Jun.

Smash Lord
I see what P is saying. He said some funny stuff on the SoCal chat thread too. Supposedly he's "dope" at melee and doesn't lose.

still think we're getting trolled though

Adam M!

Smash Lord
That is a weird outlook when it comes to excepting new ppl that are uneducated about the smash scene. Why write something that can be interpreted as harsh. Thats what smileys and "hahas" are for lol. I would only approach in that kind of way if he has obviously around for awhile. I mean a simple. "Just look at the OP dude has all the info you need." would do. Instead of calling him lazy and blah blah. But i know where you're coming from.

I thought we were the friendless community out there o_o.
we both see where each other is coming from so we merely agree to disagree =P

Conscious

Smash Rookie
are you consercrationx?? If so im fxaltop from aim. I might be going to this one today. They are every monday at like 2ish(the "ish" being usually after 2) to whenever because smashers apparently have no since of time. You should come by. Me and Naleek are usually there early and even if we arent, there should be ppl showing up. Its pretty fun and good way to get tourny experience without the tourny. Location is the lodge, should be an address on the OP of the thread.
Nah im not someone you know, most likely. So is it every monday only? I have school until 2:30 on weekdays and I would need to take the bus over there and ****, id probably end up getting there late as ****. Yeah I noticed that the area the the practice is going on keeps being referred to as "the lodge", is this part of the campus? Cause that terminology sounds very masonic and Im not trying to step into a temple to play smash

Conscious

Smash Rookie
why would you expect people to reward your laziness? if you want to play then keep your eyes and ears open. LOL @ expecting people to hit you up and tell you when they're going on
**** man, I know when tournaments are going on and which ones im going to be going to soon. You don't have to act like such a prick, I was questioning the subject matter of this topic-just to see if someone could tell me about some local **** I could practice at. You dont have to be a ***** to someone who is posting in a thread with over 800 pages, of course I read the ****ing OP.

Just sit back calm down, and become one with your senses, people asking for information on a forum is nothing uncalled for. Letting little **** like that work you up so hard with people your not even physically talking to cant be healthy.

Conscious

Smash Rookie
it was just annoying that you cared so much about me introducing myself, and called me out for it. Of course im going to have something to say about that. Also, directing a lol"@" me is what little girls do. If you don't say something in real speech, dont say it in writing

Adam M!

Smash Lord
you're projecting. i really don't care dude LOL. i 24 table poker all day and i get bored and lonely so i go on smashboards. caaaaalm down

in real speech i would laugh in your face and punk you because i don't respect people who act all aggy when someone calls them out on something. the truth hurts *****, take it like a man.

let's box

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
hahaha Christ. calm down guys calm down. Anyways sure Durrr we can agree to disagree haha. Oh and Conscious its from 2ish to whenever so you can show up whenever you want. I take the bus and trolley there as well just make sure to leave before what ever bus you need stops running. Also the lodge is on campus there should be a map on the OP.

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
No disrespect to this Conscious guy, but P is right. Only you can make yourself upset or happy, it's all up to us to choose what we feel. <3 to everbody :]

Jun.

Smash Lord
Does anyone know that Marth player Jun and where he plays? I heard he took 9 stocks in draft crews today. Why isn't he ranked?

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Hey this is Kevin/Taco (the doc who got fthrow/back thrown --> tipper --> bad DI).
Fun smashfest even though I got owned pretty badly. Guess that's what I get for underestimating jun >_<

Fixed haha, didn't think while writing

Jun.

Smash Lord
Guess that's what I get for overestimating jun >_<
you mean underestimating?

I'm just messin I actually don't know what I'm doing in most matchups causing me to just rely on stuff like fthrow fsmash lol. When I trashtalk its just to make everything more funny and to give people needless pressure while playing which I'm sure helps when you're actually in a stressful situation lol

Today was fun though. Good to see more of the UCSD players show up, we're all gonna get a lot better and have a good time every week.

PNOY pulled some moonwalk tech chase to grab with falcon at the end which looked pretty sick. He kinda sux though.

Leeland was nowhere to be seen

Eric Ding. We shall meet again. You even suck WITH your controller

Kelvin the Taco beat my fox =[. Next week.......

I got ***** by Pats notryclimbers.

Ky played well. All 5 of them

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
i can go to the next one!yay!anyone going to the UCI tournament on the 22nd though?maybe we can get a carpool going

ps: same question about the grev on the following weekend

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Kelvin =/= Kevin. We're different people. Though we usually team in friendlies :p

Easier to remember:
Kelvin - Falco/Ganon/Pretty much anything
Kevin - Doc/Fox (lacking tech skill though lol)

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
you mean underestimating?

I'm just messin I actually don't know what I'm doing in most matchups causing me to just rely on stuff like fthrow fsmash lol. When I trashtalk its just to make everything more funny and to give people needless pressure while playing which I'm sure helps when you're actually in a stressful situation lol

Today was fun though. Good to see more of the UCSD players show up, we're all gonna get a lot better and have a good time every week.

PNOY pulled some moonwalk tech chase to grab with falcon at the end which looked pretty sick. He kinda sux though.

Leeland was nowhere to be seen

Eric Ding. We shall meet again. You even suck WITH your controller

I got ***** by Pats notryclimbers.

Ky played well. All 5 of them

rofl no controller johns. good games, can't wait to play you in tourney. (though I'd just go Sheik and **** all of your chars)

Jun.

Smash Lord
Anyone interested in a mini tourney next Saturday the 22nd? Muirs NERD is having a LAN and the guys told me they'd be happy to work with our melee scene to throw a tourney. I just need the help of guys at UCSD in bringing setups and anyone (pat lol) who knows how to work brackets. It'll most likely just be a chill tourney for UCSD to get more excited about the game

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
Anyone interested in a mini tourney next Saturday the 22nd? Muirs NERD is having a LAN and the guys told me they'd be happy to work with our melee scene to throw a tourney. I just need the help of guys at UCSD in bringing setups and anyone (pat lol) who knows how to work brackets. It'll most likely just be a chill tourney for UCSD to get more excited about the game

no!

Or you guys could come up to Irvine =)
^ = reason why haha

Jun.

Smash Lord
well the thing is most newer UCSD smashers don't have the dedication nor proper experience to travel out of town. I'm planning to throw a mini UCSD tourney for some guys here.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
well the thing is most newer UCSD smashers don't have the dedication nor proper experience to travel out of town. I'm planning to throw a mini UCSD tourney for some guys here.
yeah but irvine isnt all that far.plus whats a better way to gain experience than traveling haha.but anyway i just dont want it on the 22nd because i committed to going to the UCI tournament but i'd wanna go to a small UCSD tournament if you held one too

Top Bottom