• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
i'll be coming soon.with my friend too.he's in the beginning stages of learning how to play so take it easy on him guys lol

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
so i'm thinking of hosting my own smashfest. i was thinking of hosting it on wednesday in the afternoon. is that a good day for any of you?

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
no it's not near there. and yeah, i was thinking of around 2-ish

anybody that is interested in the smashfest i'm planning to host, do a google map search on this zip code: 92139

i know it may be a somewhat of a long commute but i forgot who, but somebody said they felt bad making people go all the way to ucsd to play so here's your chance?

Rickety

Peace and Love
RESULTS

1. Ein - Fox
2. Maple - Link
3. LittleFumi - Yoshi
4. G&T - Falco
5. Azn_Lep - Ice Climbers
5. Junkimchi - Marth
7. Powered By Sex - Sheik
7. Rickety - Sheik (Too lucky!)

Full results soon!

---

Really fun stuff today, everyone! I only wish that I could have stayed longer. <3

You boys are the absolute best! <3

Shout-outs soon!

---

Smash-fest in Paradise Hills? I was going to be there on Thursday, but if something ends up happening, I'll try to switch things around! Paradise Hills, yay! <3

anto

Smash Apprentice
so i'm thinking of hosting my own smashfest. i was thinking of hosting it on wednesday in the afternoon. is that a good day for any of you?
i'm down to play whenever dude, i live in chula vista, eastlake to be more exact. i'm down to play today if ya want

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
wednesday might work for me too, i might be able to give you a ride, ding

i counted 17-18 today at the smashfest :] maple, kyle #2, rick, judd, tristan, pat, jun, ilija, fumi, sen, sean, derek, george, me, matt, charles, andrew (RD)

if i missed you D: my bad

good games today + crews

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Two days of strait smashing with so many people, whew pretty intense. I had a lot of fun. I feel myself getting better in certain match ups for sure! Thanks everyone! <3

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Smashfest tomorrow!

Address:
my house is in this gated community type of place so use this number to get past the gate: 31325
once you're in, you'll go forward and go to the right and find a parking space! just call me when you're there.

cell number: PM me for it

Time: 12PM but you can just get here at whatever time you can make it

SETUPS: please bring setups! i only have one gamecube and the TV in the living room so please bring tv's and gamecubes!

I'd also like to state that my house is pretty small so a couple of setups like 2 or 3 would be fine.

and also, like any house tournament/smashfest, please respect the house (don't make messes etc) and don't steal stuff! X:

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
RESULTS

1. Ein - Fox
2. Maple - Link
3. LittleFumi - Yoshi
4. G&T - Falco
5. Azn_Lep - Ice Climbers
5. Junkimchi - Marth
7. Powered By Sex - Sheik
7. Rickety - Sheik (Too lucky!)

Full results soon!

---

Really fun stuff today, everyone! I only wish that I could have stayed longer. <3

You boys are the absolute best! <3

Shout-outs soon!

---

Smash-fest in Paradise Hills? I was going to be there on Thursday, but if something ends up happening, I'll try to switch things around! Paradise Hills, yay! <3

what are these results from?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
doesn't matter, that's how it happened... apparently?

LittleFumi, you're gonna wreck at the Arcadian Tournament. SD has your back

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
doesn't matter, that's how it happened... apparently?

LittleFumi, you're gonna wreck at the Arcadian Tournament. SD has your back

thanks but it all depends which characters i play, cuz i think that the main reason i beat you was because u use ice climbers and i think yoshi got an advantage in that match since i know a really easy way to kill nana. but is this a one day tourney or a 2 day tourney?

DJMirror

Smash Master
thanks but it all depends which characters i play, cuz i think that the main reason i beat you was because u use ice climbers and i think yoshi got an advantage in that match since i know a really easy way to kill nana. but is this a one day tourney or a 2 day tourney?
It's a one day tournament.

Jun.

Smash Lord
LOL MAPLE

that's the first time I've ever seen anyone trash talk a dog hahaha.

SD better watch out for each other at Arcadian. I have a feeling people will be surprised by SD esp UCSD players in particular.

I'm trying my best to awaken the Simon Kim for this and hopefully the debut of Basil's ganon. Scary stuff.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Ein in Smash means PR contender

seriously though. He's an AWESOME dog that looks like fox! Kinda campy though.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Rickety bring back SD rankings and update your blog entries!

I think the reawakening of this region has made it pretty darn active enough to bring it back! Though we still don't travel -__- at least arcadian tourney is coming up and we have regular smashfests.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Kyle, you are such a silly goose! <3

Ein is too good! <3

---

Yeah, it'd be fun to bring back the rankings, Jun. I bet it would look way different from the last three incarnations!

Who wants to be a panelist? The last panel was comprised of Pnoy, Leeland, MogX, and some loser-face named Rickety. I think that MogX has retired from Melee to focus on Brawl, and I definitely feel that UCSD needs at least one or two panelists. Chula Vista and the rest of the South Bay needs some representation, but I'm having trouble thinking of very many Melee players from there who show up to smash-fests, let alone tournaments.

The only question left, I think, is: any volunteers? <3

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
Kyle, you are such a silly goose! <3

Ein is too good! <3

---

Yeah, it'd be fun to bring back the rankings, Jun. I bet it would look way different from the last three incarnations!

Who wants to be a panelist? The last panel was comprised of Pnoy, Leeland, MogX, and some loser-face named Rickety. I think that MogX has retired from Melee to focus on Brawl, and I definitely feel that UCSD needs at least one or two panelists. Chula Vista and the rest of the South Bay needs some representation, but I'm having trouble thinking of very many Melee players from there who show up to smash-fests, let alone tournaments.

The only question left, I think, is: any volunteers? <3
i think pat should definitely be on there. UCSD student and probably our best smasher. i'm pretty knowledgeable about the community right now but i don't think i'm good enough to be a panelist 0.o

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
anto came over and played for a bit but had to go

is anyone else coming over? if not, i'll just call it a day i guess lol

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
anto came over and played for a bit but had to go

is anyone else coming over? if not, i'll just call it a day i guess lol
sorry glow, i woke up kind of late + had to clean my place up b/c i had friends over. semi-mango-john-hangover too LOL

Top Bottom