• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
So...who here wants to go to Grev on the 23th?
Let's do it!
I don't know if I have anything going on so I will let you know for sure, but for now...

YES!

EDIT: Someone text me for smash! I can play for a bit now up until 6 and then again at 7. Nevermind. I shouldn't play. Weekly REC tournaments ensure guaranteed playing and three days a week is enough.

hahahaha.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
and it's still in it's spiritual home -- the lodge, haha. i love you all, i'll be down in july for comic-con, hopefully see a lot of you guys then?!

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
who is this caotic person? from the post counts and the epicness of his name, i assume that he's of importance to the ucsd smash community haha.
Nooooooob. haha.

Just kidding. I don't really know who he is either. The only things I know for sure (I think) are that he was here for the beginning of San Diego smash and he was instrumental in organizing tournaments and other particulars of what was, at the time, a young scene.

I'm sure Pat could give us all a brief history lesson if he felt like it. I would actually recommend skimming through the first couple of pages of this thread. I did it a while ago and it is fascinating how the thread is essentially a written history of San Diego Melee.

This thread is over 5 years old and it seems to be the largest active thread in the Pacific West forum. This kind of blows my mind, but I AM a huge nerd.

=D

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
who is this caotic person? from the post counts and the epicness of his name, i assume that he's of importance to the ucsd smash community haha.
He's a Peach player I watched when I started this game 5 years ago. Along with Edrees and Bone, they were they top Peaches in San Diego, SoCal, and arguably the entire west coast minus Sastopher. He moved to Australia a long time ago iirc.

Jun.

Smash Lord
New pranks for this month have been submitted!

So busy though sorry about the delay in updating rank matches. If anyone wants to help me out plz tell me. My schedule and lifestyle have gone haywire.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
This thread is over 5 years old and it seems to be the largest active thread in the Pacific West forum. This kind of blows my mind, but I AM a huge nerd.

=D
modesto says hi :3

well, kinda. we're about 4000 posts shorter, but your thread's been around for about 4 years longer.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
modesto says hi :3

well, kinda. we're about 4000 posts shorter, but your thread's been around for about 4 years longer.
Woohoo! Central Valley!
Modesto seems so active.
Why can't you guys be closer to Tulare County?!?!? Even Fresno County would work.
:(

@Jun, the lack of updates made me think no ranked matches had been played. haha.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Check post number 2 IIRC. :p Even though it doesn't say anything any more...it still means something :D

EDIT: Kidding. It's post number 3. :]

Technically, I have been around since that time too...I just never played competitively (never entered in tournaments), and just started learning tech skill between '07-'08. I was following and watching tournaments since WGF '08 (was it '08?) when Ken and ChuDat were here. I played Edrees a couple times + back then we had some pretty **** players that didn't come out to tournament that often either: Don Nguyen, Steven Yang, Jay Shen... I remember playing Simon Kim at POTS at some random RA tournament and getting ***** by his Samus way back in '08. I even played Eddie Kim because I was good friends with him at Sixth College :D He told me to come out once in a while so I could get better, but I never wanted to spend money on the game.

As Eric would say: "you're an old man"

Damn I've been around for too long hahaha...

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
im really gonna try to make it out to the thing this saturday. wheres the rec class at? near the rimac or what?
Check the OP of the rec thread in Pac West Tournaments. There's a map highlighting where it is. It's relatively close to the lodge. It's next to a complex called Canyonview Aquatic Center.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i used to own post one, but i got bumped down to third with new TOs, haha.

long live this thread. and san diego.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Well Cao is comin back to the good ol U S of A around the time of comic con, all you little kiddies should meet him then.

Brief history lesson!
Caotic started the triweekly series and basically kicckstarted competitive melee in San Diego. At his peak he was one of the best players in SoCal, and the second best in SD (always behind Edrees ): Of course since the two best players in SD were peaches and then with the emergence of Bone, SD became a mecca for Peach and really difficult for a poor little IC player like me. Can't even tell you how many peaches I'd play in any single tournament... Anyways back to the lesson, unfortunately Cao was studying abroad from the land of kangaroos and wallabies, so he had to pass the torch down to Edrees when he left. Children would sing songs to their children about his kindness and generosity; fables would be passed down generation to generation until his very name became legend. And one day, not far from now, Caotic would make his return.

Oh and he's an Asian with an Australian accent. You guys have no idea how much that blew my mind when I was 16.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Well Cao is comin back to the good ol U S of A around the time of comic con, all you little kiddies should meet him then.

Brief history lesson!
Caotic started the triweekly series and basically kicckstarted competitive melee in San Diego. At his peak he was one of the best players in SoCal, and the second best in SD (always behind Edrees ): Of course since the two best players in SD were peaches and then with the emergence of Bone, SD became a mecca for Peach and really difficult for a poor little IC player like me. Can't even tell you how many peaches I'd play in any single tournament... Anyways back to the lesson, unfortunately Cao was studying abroad from the land of kangaroos and wallabies, so he had to pass the torch down to Edrees when he left. Children would sing songs to their children about his kindness and generosity; fables would be passed down generation to generation until his very name became legend. And one day, not far from now, Caotic would make his return.

Oh and he's an Asian with an Australian accent. You guys have no idea how much that blew my mind when I was 16.
I can't imagine the horror of playing a Peach in loser's semis only to play another Peach in loser's finals and then, just when you think you're free, having to play a Peach in grand finals. This is too twisted.

Also, thumbs up for children having children.

Jun.

Smash Lord
That's why in SD we play with a certain number of stage resets just in case so that things like that don't happen.

but *shrug*

MacD

Banned via Administration

Brief history lesson!

pat

i love you

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

Brief history lesson!

for my own selfish reasons, i hope you are in SD in july when i'm over. i gotta dump over 4 years worth of updates, because i love you. <3

i remember those good ol' days when you got **** on with peaches -- whenever we met in bracket you just gave me this dumb look of hopelessness, lol. although, you took me out in my last triweekly i believe. dayumn, that must have felt good.

edit -- i quoted you too! had to snip it, dang 500 char limit

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion

Brief history lesson!

I read this in your voice.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
That was a neat story. I've always seen CAO post at the Las Pictoras thread but I never knew he was that involved in the SD scene.

Top Bottom