• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Skarlath60

Smash Rookie
When the year gets started just check the boards. We'll actually be playing tomorrow(monday) on campus in the lodge if you can spare an hour or so but otherwise itll just be every monday and friday. See you there.

Also, on a more general note note, we also may be playing more at ky and dawsons place off campus because there is free parking and a lot of space. Keep an eye out on the boards and make sure to remember the page/s that their address is on. GG's today guys.
What pages were those? =D

Sizzle

I paint controllers
So whats the deal with the Tourneyplay event (which is apparently next weekend)? The fees are expensive, but it doesn't even seem like there is much hype or anything going on. Are any big names showing up?

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Woohoo! Monday.

So, one job just ended for me and hopefully the next one starts fairly soon so in the meantime, I'm looking to smash.

I'm up to play today. I'll be heading to campus around 2 or 3 and I'll be free well until 8 or 830. I'll check the boards later to see if anyone's up to it.

Also, feel free to text me to let me know. It's probably the fastest way to reach me. I don't have internet at home. Haha.

:phone:

Skarlath60

Smash Rookie
Hello UCSD smashers. I'm a freshman and I'm in muir. I've been looking for smashers to play with so hit me up some time. text me would be awesome.

925-819-6004

shaseim4st3r

Smash Journeyman
so uhhhh who ever wants to play. my place is open. we dont ahve tvs here though yet, so tvs r a necessity. i have one setup. matthews E. text me if ur coming.
310-619-9388

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
whoa really? the next apex is here in sd?
Woa, sorry its only a road to apex, but its still supposed to be big.

Also, we really need to get the rec room tvs back into the lodge. It appears that Monday was a bust and that was primarily because of the lack of tvs. I contacted pat to alert me when he's around campus so that we could get them out of there.

Beyond that, this weekends tournament is still expensive. I think if your doing everything its 35. I'd like to do something on Saturday for those who don't want to pay that much but if the lodge tvs don't get moved and the lodge isnt opened than I doubt anything will happen.

Also, sorry about Monday guys, I got a lot of texts but I was a little busy catching up with my gf whoses been out of town. Also, can anyone recommend a nice place to go for restaurant week? :p

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Woa, sorry its only a road to apex, but its still supposed to be big.

Also, we really need to get the rec room tvs back into the lodge. It appears that Monday was a bust and that was primarily because of the lack of tvs. I contacted pat to alert me when he's around campus so that we could get them out of there.

Beyond that, this weekends tournament is still expensive. I think if your doing everything its 35. I'd like to do something on Saturday for those who don't want to pay that much but if the lodge tvs don't get moved and the lodge isnt opened than I doubt anything will happen.

Also, sorry about Monday guys, I got a lot of texts but I was a little busy catching up with my gf whoses been out of town. Also, can anyone recommend a nice place to go for restaurant week? :p

Tristan, I looked at the list of restaurants in La Jolla participating in 'Restaurant Week' and the only ones I'm familiar with are 'Appolonia Greek Bistro ' and 'Leucadia Pizzaria & Italian Restaurant '. You may have already been, but if you haven't, I definitely recommend both.

I've been to Appollonia multiple times and it has a generally nice and quiet atmosphere. The dining area is comfortably spacious and they have multiple options for seating. You can eat inside or out on the patio. Both have worked well in my experience, but I wouldn't recommend eating on the patio if it's busy and you're on a date. You're sitting a lot closer to other tables when compared to the inside and conversations can't help but run into each other. Other than that, it's great. The most obvious thing you'll notice when you eat there (whether you're inside or outside) is the cheesy Greek music they have playing on endless loop. Anyway, the food is good and sometimes that's the only thing that matters.

I can't really say as much about the atmosphere at Leucadia. I haven't been there as often and so I can't speak as accurately about it (although I have had their food a good amount because they tend to be a Marshall College favorite for when it comes to selecting caterers for an event or a banquet). I would definitely say it's noisier than Appolonia and more casual. I just ate there this past Saturday evening and they had the television above the central dining area turned to ESPN. I think that gives you a good idea of how relaxed it is. The food is great. I'm not too impressed by their pizza, but their pasta is consistently good. Their bread is delicious.

Both places are as 'nice' as you want to make them. Although I do think Appollonia has an easier time being 'nice'.

Anyway, yeah, the tournament is too expensive for me. I was thinking of still heading over to it though (if spectating is allowed) and getting some friendlies (money matches?) in with other players. I would definitely be up for a cheaper side tournament or something should my schedule allow for it. Also, I agree that the 'Lodge' televisions should be moved back to the Lodge once the school year starts.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
It's in Santee, which isn't that far from UCSD. You can probably get there with public transit.

The tournament will still be happening in San Diego county

Edit: The cost to play friendlies and such is down to 5 dollars instead of 10 as well :3

SNG

Smash Journeyman
I'm down to play tourney friendlies for 5 dollars possibly haha. Any smashfest this FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!?

I have a small TV in my trunk.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
this is probably a dumb question, but is TP this weekend both days? i might come out of hiding to hang out with everyone/play a little on sunday. it'd be nice to chill with all of UCSD back and maybe the north county people

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if you guys can see this...but I basically destroyed the TP SC2 tournament. Trust me, read this.

EDIT: I'll screen-cap it. http://i.imgur.com/g0UtR.jpg

Basically, I have a few questions for Pat and the rest of the guys on MELEE @ UCSD. Did we or did we not submit a TAP form? Did we clear up the venue/reserve it properly? Because from what I've deduced...it's basically our fault they had to change venues...

Even so, the SC2 thing wasn't going to work out no matter what.

I destroyed the poor man's event...

Jun.

Smash Lord
What I think happened was that Pat filled out all the appropriate forms but the advisor was being a ***** about everything. DVC is running into the same lady who's telling us we have to use the box office to collect money.

Yeah I was wondering how that SC2 tourney was going to work. I was really questioning it but I thought I'd just let it run or fail since it wasn't my event.

So are we gonna go to Santee or what.

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if you guys can see this...but I basically destroyed the TP SC2 tournament. Trust me, read this.

EDIT: I'll screen-cap it. http://i.imgur.com/g0UtR.jpg

I destroyed the poor man's event...
Read this, it's epic s**t.

What I think happened was that Pat filled out all the appropriate forms but the advisor was being a ***** about everything. DVC is running into the same lady who's telling us we have to use the box office to collect money.

So are we gonna go to Santee or what.
Securing and effectively running price center is a really difficult process. I don't doubt that Pat is entirely capable of getting everything together, but the paperwork(Including the tap form) can be a little tricky and price center's staff are not very helpful.

As for the tournament on Sunday, I might go... It might be cheaper but now it's gonna cost gas and everyone without a car will need a ride. ~____~

pawmd42

Smash Rookie
New to the area

What's up guys, I just moved out here from KY for grad school at SDSU. I was looking to get back into the brawl scene, haven't played in a while so probably just looking for friendlies and screwing around right now. Hit me up whenever this lodge place opens up again or anyone else is doing anything.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
I wanna play! Heading to school and stopping by my friend's research exhibit first though. Text me if you have a TV/willing to play lol.

925-337-5708

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm gonna go run some stuff and probably be back on campus later.

I walked by the lodge. They removed the big tv :(

There's new furniture though

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I'm up to play today. I'm on campus from now until 6 or so. Someone let me know if anything is happening before then.

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
I'll hit you up. I'm pretty sure yuta and I am free at some point are another.

Edit:

Uh, we'll probably play at yuta's. Look a little further back on the board, but if you can't find it just text me. Um, yuta let me know on the boards if we can come down. Jesse, hope youre looking at this!

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
I'm down today for a little bit, I have an hour or two later in the afternoon but I'm busy past 5.

Also I have no idea where the lounge is or wherever you guys smash on campus so location info would be great too :D

hmu

Top Bottom