• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Zack353

Smash Ace
Shout outs

Shout outs:

Robert - Thanks for being my team mate. Too bad we couldn't do better :( .

Lancestern - Nice Falco.. I gotta change my rank LOL!

Caotic - I get the feeling you were going easy on me at first. Peach is cheap :chuckle: !

Wesley Wicked - Loves Short Hop Laser!!! Nice to finally meet you.

MRDR was it? - Nice peach. Close matches every time.

Abyss.. I think it was? Nice Jigglypuff. That ledgeguard is uber cheap :p.

Dodger - Craaaaazzzyy Kirby. I wish mine was like yours in crew battle :urg: .

AzN_LeP - Gah! Chaingrab is cheap!

Pha - It's hilarious playing you! Falco dittos are crazy!

Krogodile - Nice playing friendlies with you.

Great Tri-weekly, lots of fun.

StealthYoshi

Smash Cadet
Good Games

Awesome competition everyone. I actually held my own in a small tourney for a change. Krogodile, we need to have a Yoshi match someday haha.

Gods of Melee represented with a donut box, and The Cube landing at 5th place! :eek:

Good stuff, hope to be able to make it to more of these now...I need the competition training.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Here is the box the Gods of Melee Crew kindly put up for auction at the triweekly. The humble donut box featured the artworks of random triweekly members. It was auctioned off at the ridiculously pwnasaur price of $1.10 - the winning bidder was Tony! Congratulations buddy! 100% will go to OC2!

THE BOX...

AS PRESENTED BY GoM...

BIDDING IS ABOUT TO START...

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Zack - Nah I didn't go easy in the beginning - I was just trying to get used to playing more solidly. You're a really good player though, you're climbing up the ranks. Good sheezy. Cheap? You said that alot in your shoutouts, LOL. Things aren't completely cheap, there are more often than not, solutions to the problem. You're getting smarter at the game - you'll figure things out soon enough.
Rickety - LOL crews was ridiculous.
Cube - You really did well too.
Edrees - I still suck.
Eddy - We really pulled it together at the end. Hopefully we made Pha pee his pants in the finals LOL
Dodger - A pleasure, as always! Kirby > Peach, mmm hmm!
Tony - You beat Australia's best Bowser now. Score!
Sexy Krogodile - Nice having you around d00d.
Pat - Awwww.... have a hug. You've yet to unleash the ultimat cheapness.
The rest - It was a pleasure hosting you.

Lastly... FANTASTIC TV TURNOUT!! VERY IMPRESSIVE, SAN DIEGO!+

bbbooster

RAINBOW FLOWER MEGA CANNON
i look all muscular (and faceless!) next to Tony!

well, at least you can see my face on the box (i'm the one that Edrees said looked like Peach!)

this is rickety by the way :] on a friends account

Knifey

Smash Cadet
Caotic - stop owning me... just stop...

Lance - frikken combos. thats all i can say

Rickety - your getting better faster than i am!

The Cube - be ness from now on, so i can beat you

Pha - i honestly dont remember fighting you, i just vaguely remember WINNING somehow! who were you useing?

yoshis- too many yoshis!!! go away! lol jk. :p go yoshi!

Dodger - you have inspired my to play kirby... but only as my 3rd guy or something

other people - i forgot you people! sorry!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Zoap said:
im down in san diego in june, im hoppin to make the 17th biweekly but if not any chance one of these things will be happenin. Show ur Norcal Brother some love lol
Zoap, we welcome Norcal with open arms. This is San Diego - we give nothing but love. Yayyuhzz!

Dodger

Smash Ace
AznLep- Yay for getting our money back. Our team was just tooo cute.
Caotic- Kirby may be > Peach, but we all know Bowser > Kirby :-P. Seriously though, thanks again for running another awesome Triweekly, I had a blast.
Pha- Hahah you crazy guy. You should definitely play Falco more. Definitely. ;-).
Zack- Dude, you've got a crazy Falco and Fox man. Our set was reeealy close. I look forward to playing you again.
Krogg- Ugh, I got beat down in friendlies. Oh well, LOW TIER POWER!
Eddy-Good stuff coming back in teams. Beating you guys the first time was one of the highlights of my day :-)

Sorry if I forgot anyone

Zack353

Smash Ace
LOL, Dodger I used Fox against you!

People always get my main confused because of this lame old rank :ohwell: .

Dodger

Smash Ace
Y'know, I thought you did, but then I remembered we were saying how young kids always seem to do extremely well as falco, so that's why I put falco. Sorry, I'll go fix that.

although, just because I didn't play your Falco dones't mean it isn't crazy :-)

Adrian Monjula

Smash Rookie
My turn? ok, why not?

To Rick, Knifey, and Zack - Please stop using Shiek. T.T

Team AKA - Uhm...Princess power? ...I wanna fight Knifey's Marth 1 on 1 someday. >.>

Team Black Wang (I think I fought you first...I'm forgetful as usual.) - Nice close round. ^_^ Let's fight it again someday, ne?

Mav - Nice to meet you. More AR madness sometime? XD

Pha - Crazy fast Fox, but...Did you go easy with Falco? >.>'

Chaotic - Again, I want to fight your Marth as minegets better. ^^ ...Thanks for showing me that throw combo.

Wesley Wicked - You freak! Stop mixing my pictures with Bullet's, especially when they're in The Box!

PMS - I'll beat you someday.

Chozoman - Cool teaming, but next time, don't run in front of my Shield Breaker charged up. =P

Lalala~ Anyone else? Sorry...But it was fun fighting either way. ^^'

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Dodger: Kirby+IC, too cuuuute!! 3rd place finish not bad for such a random team. :)

CAOTIC: *hug* you got me again.... twice. But one of these days....

Edrees: Too good man, Peach is top tier in the SD Tier list LOL

Pha: Some close matches there, ewww shine!

Rickety: Ken training must be working somehow! You beat Lance and almost took out Pha! Not to mention 13 stocks in crews.

Eddy: Good matches man, Fox ditto on PokeFloats???

Zack: Keep it up man, you're improving every tri weekly

LanceStern: The Falco who can do everything!!! Except wavedash.... LOL

The Krogodile

Smash Cadet
poor krog, played bad in tournament, eh, it happens, even to the sexiest of us.
anyways
Edrees: i only played your pichu....... and beat it down, haha, actually it was 2-1
dodger: i love that kirby, so, so, i dont know, it's just kirby
pha: some fun friendlies, but i htink we only played one set, that i won. neutral b off the ledge for the win
zack: that's some mad top tier skillz, but of course, only top tier, and in the world of krog, that is dishonorable. but, dont worry, your falco still beat me down good.
saur: some hot yoshi lovin'. considering the circumstances, we did pretty good in teams, yoshis just cant beat fox/shiek teams i guess. good friendlies, you played me right as i was starting to play better.
caotic: mewtwo.... man. anyways, i only played against that and your fox, and your fox beat me, even though i should have won it, krogodiles are too cute to lose to space animals.
eddy: we only played at the beginning, when i was playing like crap, we need to play again sometime.
stealth yoshi: we should have just played there, eh, we'll get it in next time. (and how can you be stealth? you're pretty hard to miss >.<)

Rickety

Peace and Love
Thanks to all of San Diego for hosting such a great triweekly <3

Lot of good times, making friends, becoming better friends, and playing smash :]

Edrees-you play so well! and you're a nice guy! you thought the picture of me on the donut box was Peach :-P

Cao, awesome job for hosting this one, and it's always a pleasure playing and hanging out :]

Mr. Lep, teach Tony the ways of the Ice Climber :]

Pha! You gave me so many presents! much love :]

Where was Oops? :(

Knifey Knife Knife (I love saying that!) - We haven't played eachother since triweekly 3! We gotta get a match in. I wanna see how much you've improved.

Wesley Wicked, it was good playing you in teams. My doc pales to yours (hooray for Peach!), but next time, lets have a Dr. Ditto! Then again, you live in Mira Mesa, and RB isn't too far from there! ;-)

Stealth Yoshi, I dislike that Yoshi technique (it's not cheap, since there's no such thing as cheapness*), but I have a friend in San Fran who played Yoshi like that, so I was (barely) able to get around it. nice job :]

Adrian, I'm sorry I counter-picked you with Sheik :( She's one of my 3 mains, and my other two mains (Doc and Jigglypuff) can't take Marth. Next time, though, lets have a Marth ditto!

P. Mind System, my Peach knows more than downsmash, I swear! YOU will never beat me HAHAHA!!11. lol. ;-)

It was nice meeting you, Sunny :]

LanceStern, always a pleasure hanging out. We didn't do too shabby in teams either! Lol, you carried me the whole way through, though. Your Marth is already looking good. You MUST get a secondary for the inevitable Jigglpyuff though, and Marth handles her nicely. My win over you was total luck. We are gonna rock MHS doubles for sure! I can still pass off as a high schooler, I hope :]

Tony, lets play some smash!

I'm requesting matches for people close to my skill level (sorry Pha, youre too good!)

LanceStern- I want my Sheik to beat your Falco!!
Wesley Wicked- Dr. Ditto.
Adrian- Marth Ditto.
Knifey- Lets see how much you've improved! You can probably beat me now, though.

Crews was so hilarious! Yay Jigglypuff :]

Good games to everyone! Much love to San Diego.

Thanks to NickyRed aka petitepeche for making this cute banner!<3 I make a cute Dr. Mario :-P

Saur

Smash Apprentice
Double yoshi team ftw!!!

Yeah Krog, you seemed a bit rusty during the tourney but you lost most of that rustyness when we played those dittos--you hurt my yoshi X_x

Actually there might be a way for team prehistoric to do better... as a TRIPLE YOSHI TEAM!! Wasn't there another yoshi guy there?

Rickety

Peace and Love
[GMC]C2 said:
I'd like to get in on those dittos Rick!

Hmm....

Falcon ditto round 2
Doc ditto
Shiek ditto
Marth ditto
You play Falco?

you're gonna beat me, but alright! I just like playing :] who knows, maybe I'll steal some! ;-D

i'll give you dittos for all of em' except falco, i don't play space animals. too crazy for me. maybe you can teach tony how to play falco, he's practicing him now!

Where were you yesterday?

[GMC]C2

Smash Journeyman
meyoulou said:
you're gonna beat me, but alright! I just like playing :] who knows, maybe I'll steal some! ;-D

i'll give you dittos for all of em' except falco, i don't play space animals. too crazy for me. maybe you can teach tony how to play falco, he's practicing him now!

Where were you yesterday?
My brother didn't want to drive me. Sure I'll teach Tony some Falco techniques, the only thing my Falco does poorly against is Fox and Falco though. Tony plays Falcon too right? I'll ditto him too, what else does he play?

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Yay! That was a Grrreeaat Triweekly, guys! Hope you all had awesome fun! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR BRINGING THE TVs!!!! KEEP IT UP, Ya'll! We all got to play sooo much friendlies because of the TVs! Thank you again for all the support.

Gods of Melee- Thank you for 2 TVs AND a box of Donut! You guys are rad!
Cube - sorry for my cheering for Eddy during your matches. I realized that wasn't cool of me.
Rick - omfg... 13 stocks in crews....??? HAHAHAHAHA good stuff!
Tony - i didn't get to play you, next time, I'll show you how to play a most boring falco ever!
Roger - LOL you love tiny melee dont ya? But I know you love f-tilts more.... lol. I'm glad you came man. It was a lot of fun. I hope you see my love for Dodger Roger through my trash talks. :)
Eddy - "I suck. I quit"
Zack - you're a good kid.
Bomb crew - good to see you guys. Too bad we didn't get to play this time.
Team Black Wang - hahahahahaha!
Pat - roooaaar! Camping was fun... I'll make sure to bring better tents next time :) Yayuuhz!
Krogie - your TV hurts my eyes!!! Ouch!
To the people I played friendlies with - yayuuhz! You guys are too good!

Once again, thank you all for making Triweekly more fun everytime! Maybe if we keep this up... I'll continue running triweeklies even during summer! Yayuuhz!

Zack353

Smash Ace
Camping ftw :).

I also brought a lawn chair and some comic books because it got boring after a while.

Zack353

Smash Ace
Anybody else going to download the new DBR combo vid? There was about 125 people viewing the Misc video board for a while >.>...

GOMstaffthecube

Smash Rookie
Thanks to all who played us! The Box will now become a regular item at tournaments if I have it my way in the GOM. Everyone seemed to like putting artwork on it.

See you all at the next one.

Cube,
Senior Moderator, Gods of Melee

PandaX

Smash Lord
K guys I'm showing up to this one. I might be taking a train, cause i'm a lazy *** and would rather save my car from that trouble.

Can anyone tell me what train station is near by UCSD and which is it? IE: Amtrak, Metro, etc.

Charoo

Smash Champion
PandaX said:
K guys I'm showing up to this one. I might be taking a train, cause i'm a lazy *** and would rather save my car from that trouble.

Can anyone tell me what train station is near by UCSD and which is it? IE: Amtrak, Metro, etc.
metrolink to oceanside then 101 to ucsd. About 10 bucks total.

or

amtrak to solona beach then 101 bus to ucsd. About 15 bucks.

SirWang

Smash Rookie
Thanks for having me and MRDR guys, it was awesome. Zack was my favorite player there, he's a bad ***. And to the peach players, Edrees and Caotic, dude you guys are gr8 men. And to all the people who kicked my ***.... DAM YOU! Well I had a great time, and next time I'll be a lot better. Sorry we had to leave early, we lived kind of far. Next time we'll stick around for the Crew Battle. Thanks again guys!

TEAM BLACK WANG FOR LIFE!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Charoo said:
metrolink to oceanside then 101 to ucsd. About 10 bucks total.

or

amtrak to solona beach then 101 bus to ucsd. About 15 bucks.

Both will take you a long time, but the cheapness can't be beat. Amtrak will save you about 30 minutes.

Rumor has it that Chu Dat will be in San Diego for 2-3 weeks...

Sir Wang and co, glad to see some fresh faces.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
do you think you guys can host biweeklies for the month of June? Chu dat will be down there, and I would appreciate it a lot... Socal really needs to get ready for MLG LA june 23-25

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Alright, it's time for a name change!!

INTRODUCING THE SAN DIEGO ... BIWEEKLIES?!?!? =S

It sounds wrong, LOL. I'll just call it a triweekly anyway.

REVISED TRIWEEKLY DATES!!
Saturday May 27
Saturday June 10
Saturday June 17 (Tentative) - This would be a good date for Esco's tourney.

In addition I'll be introducing the SAN DIEGO CHUFESTS!!

To help convince some people he's West Coast, Chu Dat will be kicking it in San Diego in late May, through to the end of June for MLGLA. Socal needs to go bankai and get heaps good for this event!

The Chufests will be open to anyone, however, these are going to be evening Smashfests only, a supplement to the regular Triweekly. They are going to be heavily capped off, so people who want to come to these will need to RSVP. Thursday nights are Smash nights at UCSD, so here's the following dates:

Thursday Night June 1
Thursday Night June 8
Thursday Night June 15

Updates coming soon.

Saur

Smash Apprentice
That's a tremendous amount of smash. Right up to UCSD's finals week.

I guess now is the time for me to hone my time management skills @_@

Top Bottom