• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

willie56

Smash Rookie
I would if I show up, but I don't know if you would want me to be your partner, as this would be my first tourney.

ever.

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
Hey UCSD, are we still having UCI vs UCSD 2 on June 3rd or not? Get over in the other thread and let us know.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Well is Azeem gonna release the details and such? He's pretty bad at organizing things, period... <_>

THIS WILL BE A GOOD TRIWEEEKLY

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
I dunno, because I've been messaging both him AND Mike Y for clarification and they haven't been replying to me for the past week. Makes me wonder if they're still alive. <.< But since Pha said he couldn't make it that day I was wondering what you guys were going to do. He said not to delay it again for him but I think it will depend on what the rest of you guys want to do. But I can't believe even my own crew members have been non-responsive for the past week.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Ky Kiske said:
I dunno, because I've been messaging both him AND Mike Y for clarification and they haven't been replying to me for the past week. Makes me wonder if they're still alive. <.< But since Pha said he couldn't make it that day I was wondering what you guys were going to do. He said not to delay it again for him but I think it will depend on what the rest of you guys want to do. But I can't believe even my own crew members have been non-responsive for the past week.
lol yes I am still alive. I dunno about Azeem, but I have rarely been at my computer at all this week. (My AIM is usually in the background, since it turns on automatically when my friends want to use my computer). I have also posted that June 3rd is the date for the crew battle, and it will be at Azeem's place in Irvine, so I don't know how much more clarification you need. Only Pha has replied saying anything about his availability. Can the rest of San Diego make it that day? And also Byron, about ur crew members being "non-responsive" as you have written. If you couldn't get in contact with me on AIM, then you could have called me, since you have my phone number. If I recall, you messaged me ONCE, so I don't believe it is fair to say something like that unless you actually tried really hard to talk to me. ^^

But anyways, anything about the crew battle, please post in the original thread.

Have a fantastic triweekly san diego :)

The Krogodile

Smash Cadet
hopefully i will still make it to this, i got up thi morning feeling alot better than i did yesterday, but, i'm afraid did if i go, it will tire me out again, and i'll relapse again. i think if i dont do anything and bring some soup and meds, i can go. hopefully i dont get all drowsy during a match.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
willie56 said:
I would if I show up, but I don't know if you would want me to be your partner, as this would be my first tourney.

ever.
Well, this is our first tourney too. However, to be fair to vietgamer, we have a lot of people with a lot of different mains to practice against and we've been playing for a good while (6 months?).
So, yeah, he'll probably want to team with Zack353.

Do you have any friends to smash with? I mean just casually? It helps a lot, trust me.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post, but this is urgent, at least to me.

My memory card got left in a gamecube (black, I believe), and I believe that that particular gamecube is gone already. If it helps any, this gamecube had absolutely no memory cards in it when I put mine in, and was on the table with another TV facing another direction.

If you're not absolutely sure that the memory card you have is the right one, please check. It should Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Rogue Leader, Rebel Strike, Smash Bros., Kirby Air Ride, Evolution Worlds, Four Swords (maybe), Resident Evil 4, and a WHOLE lot more. If you do find it, please post about it, and try and get it to me, any of my crew, or someone who's going to be at the ESCO tourney on the 17th. Please, I'm sort of desperate here.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have it. I'll personally deliver it to you the next time I see you (in Esco most likely

SINGLES
1 HugS
2 DSF
3 Tavo
4 Edrees
5 Panda
5 Wolf
7 Romeo
7 Caotic
9 Zack
9 Pha
9 Champ
9 I Feel Asleep
13 Azn Lep
13 Oops
13 EzynJay
13 Asp
17 Black Mamba
17 Blitz
17 Abyss
17 Goldenmuffin
17 The Cube
17 Rickety
17 Inkslinger
17 Jayswift
25 Sniper
25 Shinta
25 Cacho Libre
25 Jepp
25 Cryofang
25 Chuck Norris
25 Goose
25 Loser
33 Alex
33 Chibi-chan
33 Red
33 Hobbes
33 Chris King
33 Reaper
33 Andy
33 Adonis
33 Vietgamer1021
33 King of Bandits
33 Stealth Yoshi
33 Giza
33 Saur
33 RR
33 Nwordtim
33 Snake
49 Darkmagic
49 Laughing Otter
49 Coke
49 Rider
49 Knifey
49 Niki

TEAMS

1 Renegate of Funk
2 Too Black Too Strong
3 Inkotic
4 Romeo + Blitz
5 Team Underdog
5 Staples
7 Frostball
7 PandaJayation
9 Dead Line
9 Top Gun
9 Yarth
9 Team LOL
13 Stealthfang
13 Team Wii
13 Puffin
13 Duck Duck Goose
17 Team Monocle
17 Watery Loss
17 Pineapple Muffins
17 Chibi Virus

Zephyr

Smash Lord
CAOTIC said:
I have it. I'll personally deliver it to you the next time I see you (in Esco most likely
Um, never mind, I think that you gave it to someone in my crew? I should have it soon, thanks for getting it though. You're too awesome.

[GMC]C2

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts foolz

CAOTIC: Thank you a bunch, this was too fun. couldn't get to play you, too bad.

Pha: Haha, you're too funny man, Close games with your Samus and really fun and close 2v2s.

Oops: Your Pikachu is beastly. Fun chilling with you and Pha, nice 2v2s also. Too bad about crews though.

HugS; Danm, your too good. Best 5$ spent ever. You should come down to SD more, thanks for the compliment too.

Azn_lep: Gah, IC is hella tough. I don't know what to do. No Dreamland FD or big stages thats for sure.

Knifey and Red: Nice to meet you and play you

Rickitty: Fun playing with you, cool to play you and team with you

Zack+Gum+Rider: Really cool to finally meet all of you, Fun 2v2s also

Blitz: OMFG Good **** man too close your too good

Edrees, Panda: Too bad I didn't get to play you guys, maybe next time

DarkMagic, Loser: You guys are getting a lot better. Keep practicing

Wolf: Gah, you're too good. Close Match against my Fox though

Vietgamer: Nice to meet you guys. Fun playing you.

I'll add more later.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
OOooooOOOooo FUN timez guys. Well you guys (Super Friends, DSF, Panda, Jay, Romeo, Blitz and UCSD) are probably eating at Islands right now, so I'm jealous >.< This was loads of fun though

HugS: RAAAAPE shiiiiiet mangz you're too good.

DSF: Wow surprising seeing you around our neck of the woods, Good friendlies.

CAOTIC: Awwww CAO should be in SSBB. Tooo CUUUUTE

Edrees: We did well in crews I guess, we both have our regrets though >.<

Joe (AZ): Nice Samus you got there, pleasure to team with you. LOL at out last match 4 ledge techs in a row!! Not good enuff though lol

Well that's it on the account of me being lazy. Good turnout! Hope to see you ALL at ESCO June 17th. It's the LAST big SoCal tourney before MLG Anaheim. Come on SD we gotta be strong!!!

Zack353

Smash Ace
Another fun Tri weekly, as always :chuckle: .

Shout outs...

Ultra Luigi:
Sucks for not going
jk

Goldenmuffin/vietgamer: Well, on account of getting the names mixed up I got to play both of you in the first round. Wow. It was fun playing you guys, you were good for your first tournament. Goldenmuffin, I told you I suck at Fox dittos :p

Panda: LOL I was about to laugh my head off if I won that match where the power got turned off. I gotta learn how to get past those dirty needles of yours, they took too many lives off of me :ohwell: .

Goose: Cool to meet you and play those friendlies in teams. Bowser ftw :) .

Oops: I'm not sure if you have a SWF account but w/e. Nice playing your Fox and Sheik. Good stuff.

Rickety: Thanks for being in our crew. Too bad we got ***** by Hugs. I KNEW I should have gone Falco, but noooooooo.........lol

Edreese: I've really got to learn how to get past that downsmash.. I get the feeling that when I play people at your level, I'm too predictable. I really should work on that. Edreese combo is too good LOL!

CAOTIC: Thanks for hosting yet another tri weekly, didn't get to play you this time though. Great fun.

I know I'm forgetting someone.. I just know it :chuckle:

I've really got to get this rank changed :|

"black mamba"

Smash Journeyman
sorry i didn't say bye to everyone, but y'all know how it is. this was a fun tournament, i really enjoyed it. ^_^
btw, how did crews finish?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Wonderful tournament everyone. Glad to see everyone come down to SD. Sorry I couldn' teat afterward, I just hit a wall and needed to lie down, sit, for awhile. Sorry that i'm too much of a lazy bum for shoutouts ;)

sorry i didn't say bye to everyone, but y'all know how it is. this was a fun tournament, i really enjoyed it. ^_^
btw, how did crews finish?
You won! :p

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
1st Super Friends (HugS, Wolf, Inks, Black Momba)
2nd 3 Sheiks and a Marth (DSF+Panda+Jay+Tavo)
3rd SoCal Underground (Edrees, Champ, Azn_Lep, CAOTIC)
3rd BORP (Blitz, Oops, Romeo, Pha)

That's all I can remember off the top of my head

Goldenmuffin: We got your memory card so no woories. In specific, I think that CAOTIC has it so you'll definitely get it back at ESCO

EDIT: Nevermind, just read that you already found out about that sorryz :dizzy:

vietgamer1021

Smash Journeyman
San Diego, California (being bored, so I'm going t
meh, i would like to thank everyone that played against me and my crew since it was our 1st tourney exprerience. it was a hella fun tourney and most likely ill see you all at escondido outrage. CAO, aznlep, champ and reeses pwned us at crew and it was an AWESOME tourney. man i love you guys

i just realized, against all my c falcon matches, i lost by one stock noooooooooooooooo i need to take that last stock out...

ps its vietgamer1021 not plain vietgamer

StealthYoshi

Smash Cadet
Sooo many TVs this time, but we needed them, thanks everyone else who helped. It seemed everyone got to see or play and otherwise enjoy our Guitar hero station as well as some Smash 64 as well as Sharking Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64. Couldn't make a return without bringing THE BOX! which was promptly eaten within the first hour and collected a good amount of artwork. We have artists among us.

Reaper: Loved our matches, you ***** my Ganon but our Fox-Falco's were awesome. Hope to train with you again some time.

Rickety: You b@stard (j/k :laugh: ) this is the second triweekly you've finished me off in, the good Doctor may have been having a bad day but your SHEIK certainly wasn't. Good games.

DSF: Good seeing you again man, dont be bummed about 2nd place, you can add a zero on to that 2nd and I still would have placed lower.

Tavo: Havent seen you since 0-C, I hear Cube beat you, how was that? lol, good seeing ya again!

Caotic: We need pics from today! :) get a good pic of the Box too. Thanks for hosting another killer event!

Saur

Smash Apprentice
Wow that was rather fun. Notable moments:

-Watching hugs own ppl's wallets
-Having blitz give me advice on how to beat him ^_^
-Being champ comboed by pha -_-
-losing exactly 1 dollar to blitz
-getting double-three-stocked by edrees's team twice in a row first doubles round X_x
-the team name "Yarth"
-6th college lounge smelled like people
-low tier specialization =p

As always, thanks to caotic and the rest of the smashers present.

-saur

HobbesDTiger

Smash Rookie
Yarth FTW. :)

Thanks for the tourney guys! Was great fun playing you all.

Hmmm my notable moments...
- Getting knocked out of the winners bracket twice by Edrees :( (but beating his peach in one match for the first time in my life!)
- Beating blitz in a money match, then losing it back, lol WE BROKE EVEN
- Getting pwnd by inks in a bunch of friendlies
- Getting falcon punched on the tv with no sound, haha
- Some uber close matches (azn_lep, blitz, etc.)

Reaper321

Smash Rookie
Well, id like to say that my first triweekly was a blast, thanks ya'll for the pointers and the nice friendlies/matches. I learned i need an alternate character for annoying little Puffs and their stupid sleep move T_T all in all, good fun :D
Notable moment....
- 4 stocked by mario >.<
- taking 7 stalks in my first crew match :D
- having to play panda and dsf's crew -_-

Shinta

Smash Cadet
ugh...i hardly remember today, sry no shoutouts or notable moments but ya...****in fun and totally a good learning experience...playing people as good as those at today's triweekly made me better in itself

dunno y but i froze up a lot...but w/e fun **** for 2nd tournament

edit: o ya...and u can keep the avatar pha, people will just have to read our names instead of just looking at our pics....and that match was all luck on my part :dizzy:

Knifey

Smash Cadet
Knifey said:
i have a feeling that i am going to get destroyed in my first 2 matches and come in last!
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! I SOOOO CALLED THAT!!!! edreese first, then azn_lep :mad:

EXTREEMLY close game though azn

Saur

Smash Apprentice
Hobbes, I've a feeling the dollar bill you took from blitz to break even belonged to me =p

You best watch out, everyone: team Yarth will be back with a vengeance at the next triweekly! Yeah, we'll like, you know, take a couple stocks from you. Maybe. Yeah...

You know what'd be an ugly team name? Hobbesaur.

Sounds like the special ed dinosaur.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Wow...my first triweekly, and it was a blast! Not really surprised at that, though.

Notable moments:

-Getting ***** by Zack (You suck at Fox dittos? That's just mean =( lol)
-Losing 5$ to HugS, then getting knocked out of both Singles and Doubles tourneys by him too! That was just plain bad luck man...still, no complaints.
-Taking off 12 stock in my first crew battle, then getting ***** by SoCal Underground in the next one XD
-My controller falling out of my hands in that last one with Azn Lep, too good!

Shout-outs, not really that many cuz I'm too lazy too post 'em all:

DM: Just keep working on your game man, use those combos I taught you or come up with your own rapage combos (hint: second option is better)

Zack: You suck at Fox Dittos FTW? Good games though, can't wait to play you again.

HugS: Holy Lord, that's an incredible Samus you've got. I know I have to put more pressure on my game, but still I don't think I was playing you at my best (Intimidation anyone?)

Marth players: All the advice I can give is: Don't get u-aired! It's not a fun feeling, trust me, I know. Just DI the u-air or you're asking for some serious punishment (as you saw)

Caotic: Too bad I couldn't play you, I would've had a lot of fun in that match. I'm pretty sure you gave my mem card to vietgamer1021 though...w/e. Awesome tourney, too bad I won't be able to go to the next one. =(

To everyone else I didn't mention: GG's and an awesome tourney. Thanks for being there. I'm just too lazy to list all the people I played with.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I am gay a$$ @ poker

I DECIDED THAT THE TRIWEEKLY SEASON IS OVER!

The series may return in July, check back for updates.

SUPERFRIENDS, LA + AZ!!

Wolf - Excellent Peach matches; I loved them. Best Peach in Cali, hellz yea!
Inks - We did good in teams. Alot of things works out, like Onett, which worked wonders against Jay LOL *boink* Our matches are always tight >.>
HugS - Thanks for coming down man. I hope the three of you had a good time here. We'll catch you guys around later for sure. Congratulations on winning everything, LOL. Everyone peed their pants...
Islands was good times with you guys. Chillin is always GREAT.
Gabe - I wish you would have come... SD Yosh needs some inspiration and in return we'd give you San Diego lovin' ^_^
Blitz - (@ poker) That was dopeeeee, LOL. Super props for the driving! *Pats back*
Panda - This tournament took alot out of you. The life of a travelling Smasher is a hard one, believe me, haha. Thanks for letting my Fox go rapesies on you? < _ > LOL Good job on 5th. Huge thanks for supporting this tourney. I love you. Let's go to Disneyland!
Champ - What happened to bankai? Nooooo! T-T You still did really well though. Need more Champ Combos, hehe.
Romeo - ............. "****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK" <3 Romeo, LOL! Are you normally like that, or just drunk :confused: It's too good, LOL
Tavo - Thanks for a nice and sweet appearance. It's fun seeing you around. Them Sheik v Peach debates are always too good, haha. CHEAPNESSSSS
DSF - It was fun spending the couple of days with you, i'll be up in the 'hood' to support your June 10 DSF Smashfest/Tourney sheezy.
Jay - Prngles! Once you pop you can't stop!! And you really didn't stop... OMFG LOL You're super chill - a pleasure to host, mate. You got this....? xD
Black Mamba - Luigi is too good! Pleasure to have AZ here anytime! Hope you enjoyed yourself!

SD!!
Edrees - 4th?! OMG Wii! You're going to do well in MLG Anaheim, I can taste the honest and fair earnt victories, mmmm...
Pha - Thanks for helping me run the tourney. This was **** stressful. But I'm glad we got through it; nice.
Rickety - I can still see your improvement, even though growth can go amiss with all this compeition that was around. Props to you buddy. You going to Esco? I'd love to kick it back around that time with you.
Saur - YAYYyyYyuUUuhhHHhzzZz! Now with this over we can study for finals! YAY! <.< Nice to see you too dude.
Pat - Cute... someone said Cute yesterday, who was it? Cus that was awesome LOL awwww <3 Don't have "what if" nightmares
Rick from Yarth! - VERY GOOD TEAM! <3 hahaha
Oops - You should change your name to something more scary, JK ^^. People don't like the idea of losing to a guy names"OOPS!!" LOL
Zack - Top 10, see? Nice run you had this triweekly. Fight the Peaches!! LIVE ON!!
Gods of Melee - Fully represented now! Thanks for diversions, I like how it breaks from normal Smash Tournies and serves up causal varied FUN! I love it when you guys come down, and the Box? Lemee get it! ^_^
D-Crew - Nice to see fresh faces in SD. Asp did the best in your crew? Was that expected? hehe. I hope we left a good impression on your folks. And Goldenmuffin, Vietgamer1021 has the card. No problem mate.
Trevyn - Officially not SD. LOL.

Everyone else I missed - Thanks for turning up. Thanks for the TV's! Yes, there were alot of them. Makes things funner, no? This was by far the largest and most competitive triweekly. It was interesting to see top names invading SD, and even more suprised to see SD was in such a MM frenzy. Things got very tense at times, but what more can I ask for? It's competition!

Catch you guys in the summer! I need some R&R.

Oh, lastly... SUPERFRIENDS vs. SOCAL UNDERGROUND = TIIIIGGGHTTTTTTTTTT!!

COME TO ESCONDIDO JUNE 17! SOCAL'S LAST CHANCE TO PWN UP BEFORE MLG!!!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
CREWS (Single Elimination due to limited time):

1. Superfriends (HugS + Wolf + Inkslinger + Black Mamba)
2. Three Sheiks and a Marth (DSF + Tavo + Panda + EzynJay)
4. Socal Underground (Edrees + CAOTIC + Azn Lep + Champ)
4. BORP (Blitz + Oops + Romeo + Justpha)
8. D Minus (Goldenmuffin + Asp + BXN + Vietgamer1021)
8. Crew Snapple (Zack + Gum + Coke + Rickety)
8. Gods of Melee (The Cube + Maverick + Stealth Yoshi + Cryofang)
8. Akatsuki (Knifey + Red + Shinta + Reaper)
11. Crew KFC (Nwordtim + Loser + Giza + Darkmagic)
11. Andrew + Dan + Ryan + Laughing Otter
11. Team Snake (Snake + Sniper + Alex + Niki)

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks for holding my spot Chaotic/Justpha ^_^ Very generous of you guys, sorry I was late X_X It was random because I wasn't planning on showing up. (3 1/2 drive = gay)

Had a great time, my first and maybe last? triweekly! (hope you host more) Awesome tourney.

Had some good matches :p

1st match 2-0

CachoLibre : Used Peach and Doc on me. I 3 stocked the Peach, but your doc took me down to the last stock :p good stuff, didn't expect my teleport to be caped lol

2nd match 2-1

Inks: WTF! Almost 4 stocked me 1st match XD I was able to come back and win the next two matches. You have to keep your cool man, you lost a stock and got over agressive on the 3rd match! Grab me more, you didn't take advantage of the low roof. XD

3rd match 2-1

Romeo: Heard some good stuff about you, finally was able to see it XD Crazy returnnnnnns :p It was hard finishing you off, your suppose to have a bad recovery. Keep at it, you'll be schooling the vets in no time.

4th match 0-2

DSF: Well I went into the match expecting to lose :p You suicide twice with fox, and still beat my sheik on battlefield X_X Fox ditto was ugly lol good **** Alex ^_^ Onto losers bracket

5th match 2-0

Wolf: PEACH! GAH! I got lucky first match getting a small stage ^_^ I don't know Wolf, I was doing good against peach today for some reason X_X Good matches :p you'll get me next time but hey, you took my dollar X_X mewtwo > ice climbers

6th match 2-0

Edreese: I got lucky getting warmed up on Wolf's peach ^_^ Your peach just keeps getting more scary :p but sheik is still cheap as hell haha Good Games bro XD

7th match 1-2

Hugs: I have to try and win the first match X_X Atleast you havn't taken me out 2-0 in awhile XD Good **** as always, your Samus has too many tricksies and a killer edgeguard! Crazyness taking out DSF in two sets to take it all ^_^ good stuff

Overall: 11-6, 3rd place, but more importantly: 5-0 vs PEACH! haha

Nice to see Gods of Melee again ^_^ It's been too long, hope you guys make it to OC2. And yeah, The Cube took out my Marth with his Sheik :p Got interrupted the 2nd match, was called to a match, so i'll get my revenge some other time.

CHAMP! Your not losing it, just need more confidence :p I'll be over next week ^_^

PANDA, wheres my starbux haha good **** on 5th, pandatration too good.

JAY, didn't get any matches in man -_- have I ever played you besides that one time at hugs place?

thanks for all the friendlies everyone, I know I played a lot them, just didn't catch everyones name.

"black mamba"

Smash Journeyman
lol
good job for the rest of the superfriends. sorry i couldn't be there for the rest of it, bt i was lucky that i got to go at all.
at least i got to play once in crews, and i made it count
^_^

Zephyr

Smash Lord
vietgamer1021 said:
meh it was expected taht me and ASP would do better than everyone else (since we are the 2 best in our region) but everyone in my crew did better than me in singles.... (sits and stares in corner)
Do you think it might be bcuz you weren't using your main? Geez, what the heck were you doing using CF in Singles?

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
I hope you guys all enjoyed that last Triweekly! I know I did! Though it was very stressful trying to make time efficient. Thank you guys soo much for bringing the TVs! It helped a whole bunch!!!

I'm really glad Panda, Champ, Super friends, Romeo, Blitz, Dsf, Ezyzjay made it down. Always good to see non-San Diego people making it down. It means a lot to me and Caotic. Btw, I hope you guys (especially Super friends) know that I love you dispite my trash talking attempts. :)

Haha, I played Shinta for the tails avatar match, but never finished the set. Though I did lose the first game and I won't make any excuses for losing so here's my new avatar :laugh: ! It's a good way to give him the recognition he deserves.

Big thank to the Gods of Melee for always being a big contribution to the Triweekly whenever they come. Too good with all the TVs and donut box!!!! Ops, excuse me, I mean THE BOX (not just any donut box!)!!

Once again, thank you to all of you for making this another really fun and successful Triweekly.
And BIG THANK TO ALL THAT BROUGHT TVs!!!

*At this rate, I will continue to keep San Diego Triweeklies going by myself when Caotic is out for the summer.*

~San Diego Love~

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Top Bottom