• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Oh, I'm not leaving until the end of January.

Its the ride thing. I am also referring to the fact that all of the TVs in my house are HD ;_;

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Oh wow all of your tvs are HDs? Yeah, by the amount I was complaining about my situation at the last smashfest, I can say I understand. haha You have pretty good tech skill in spite of that though. Well, we could always play at UCSD, if it works for you.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yes. However, I refuse to practice on HDTVs. The only time I practice/play is at fests and tournaments, unfortunately.

I am really impressed at how good you were playing in general. It only makes me think you're better that you have to play on an HDTV yet you play a character who requires so much precision and spacing. Most people have trouble transitioning, and while I know you said you felt uncomfortable, you did aiiiight.

Anyways, I am always down to play anywhere anytime pretty much. And, as I have said before, if you don't object I will pay you gas moneys.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
IF, its any of the hotels within walking distance from the AMtrack (like you say) I would consider it relatively safe. Just don't walk too far east towards 5th avenue past the mall. Its pretty active there till about 8-9ish since people get off work around that time.. plus bars aren't even closed yet which are about 3-4 blocks away.. weekends tend to have more people though.

lul at me posting here giving random advice.

edit: theres also a police station one block from the amtrak.
All right thanks man

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Yeah, I now refuse to play on HD tvs too after that last smashfest. Just realized that it was sort of counter productive. But yeah, let's head over to lodge tomorrow. I could pick you up at 12:30 if that works for you. And yes, I do object to you paying me gas money. haha Just having someone really good to play against more than makes up for the driving time.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
I am down for a big smashfest sometime soon. Anyone want to play when I get back? Really been itching to play while I have been in Chicago.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I would like to play again, and I should emphasize that I will make sure I never have that attitude towards the game again. It is my fault I was getting shield grabbed. Not marfs ;_;

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
I've been itching to play since I missed that last smashfest. I feel your pain Wretched, Nick is just too good at shield grabbing.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Yeah I'd be down to play on Wednesday. How does 1:30 work for everyone?

And Wretched, no worries, your controller was busted so it's not your fault at all. haha (And to make matters worse all I do is shield grab like a little b****)

EDIT: Also if someone has a copy of brawl we could try out the PM 2.5 too.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
For the location, it depends what works best for everyone else. I'd be fine with the lodge, but unfortunately, if we smash at the lodge, it'll be hard for me to give Wretched a ride, since I can leave encintas at one, it'll take me around 45 minutes to get to Wretched's place and then 35 minutes back to UCSD. (versus 18 minutes straight to UCSD)

So that would be the only thing I'd be concerned about. If he's not coming or if he can find another ride, then it'll make things substantially less complicated. But if no one else can and he still wants to play, then I'll do it though.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I really want to play and I am free tomorrow, but I am viciously opposed to your ridiculous kindness.

Whatever you want to do, I'm down, but giving me a ride really is out of the way, so if you want to go straight there, I'll be fine.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Wait so can anyone who will be closer to Wretched give him a ride? Also, if I pick him up, I won't be able to be there/bring my set up until around 2:30 or so.

ycz12

Smash Ace
Whoa, my bad, I misread TKD's post. I'm actually also 35 minutes away from you. :(

I'll ask in the Facebook group if anyone can give you a ride.

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
me 'n ycz are heading over to Ken's food truck, then the Lodge. ETA 15 mins.

I hope somebody else brings a memory card. I don't have all the characters, nor the stages.

:phone:

EDIT: Here!

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
so i was wondering if there is going to be a wintergamefest this year as i see that there is no thread for it?

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Wretched: I am sorry about what happened last time. I thought you were taken care of and I only found out that you weren't getting a ride until after I got there. :/

Anyone want to smash tomorrow or maybe the day after?

EDIT: M3DZ: Apparently there is a WGF, but there will be no smash.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Hey, sorry for the late-ish response, but I have been trying to find out if I have access to a car tomorrow. I probably won't be able to find out until tomorrow morning, but if I do, would tomorrow afternoon work for you? (And should I bring a crt to your house and save us both an hours worth of driving?)

EDIT: Ugh, unfortunately I realized I have something to do tomorrow, so it might not work. Also, my right thumb joint has been hurting a ton for some reason, so I might have to take a break for a bit. eff

C.SDK

Smash Ace
For anyone who is interested in going to WGF (whether or not there will be Smash), you can check out the Sixth College Tech Committee website and the Winter Game Fest Facebook page for updates.

These are the dates for this year's WGF:

January 18th, 1PM - 10PM
January 19th, 10AM - 10PM

Just keep checking back for updates on their website where they will most likely reveal the events and further details (such as opening pre-reg).

Promo pic:

Jun.

Smash Lord
Winter Gamefest 2013:

- Saturday, January 19
- Price Center Ballroom, University of California: San Diego
- Free to enter if you bring any kind of setup, TV or Cube
- $5 donation otherwise into dinner fund or local charity if we don't go eat after
- Singles only
- $250 Prize Pool for top 3

See you guys next week!

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Excited to hear that there is going to smash there! That's some really great news! Definitely going to practice for this.
My thumb has started to feel better haha, so anyone down to play soon?

Top Bottom