• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
it all depends on how many people enter. the cash is determined by the pot usually 50% or 60% to first. If you had 40 people with 5$ per person, 1st place would get $120 at 60%

Vitin

Smash Cadet
well i dont know cuz i come form puerto rico so i had a group over there and u know we came a long way playing but we never bet

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Is anyone capable of giving me a lift to Boss' biweekly this Saturday? Please?

BTW, if I do get a ride I kinda need a partner.

Rex+

Smash Ace
Zephyr: If I can go this weekend, I could probably give you a lift.
Holy smokes, this is the first time I've posted on SWF in a while.

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
Whats up SD

I hope Im able to make it to the bossy bi weekley, I wanna see everyone...then take 'em out in the bracket. =P

Nah, actually i suck balls because i dont play, but i wanna see how well i can do.

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
LOL. Sorry, but don't assume you're good until you play some good people. If you're really confident in yourself though, I'll play you to a $5 MM the first time we play. Want to?

Also, Aesis and I ***** in teams. Oh my god it was awesome. We beat Everyone except Lucky and Mang0 (they're ridiculous) and Omar + HugS are too good. Close matches; go watch them. I was pulling some crazy ****, and Aesis is a **** good teammate. Sheik just ducks right under my Fairs!

I got unlucky in the bracket; lost to DSF in winners, HugS in losers. Placed 13th. I hate getting brackets like that, because then people never realize who I can beat and how good I am. It's stuff like this that keeps me off of the SoCal power rankings. Maybe I should ask them to put me in a more reasonable bracket sometime with people from the more midranged area of the power rankings.

But **** good job to Bone placing 5th. He's amazing, and I'm sure he's gonna move up on the rankings. I just wish people would notice me like they notice him and put me on. =/
lol, how come your concieted patrick? :laugh: just kidding, your just full of yourself...=P

XD

I hope hes still not able to log onto smashboards....:chuckle:

BTW, is there gonna be crews for the bossy biweekly?

Rickety

Peace and Love
Sorry BOSS, Tony, and Bone, I won't be able to make it to this biweekly. I have finals coming up and need to finish up all my work for the final stretch. I'm on temporary retirement until December 15, when I get out of school :-P

Happy Smashing!

<3
rick(ety)

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Blah

The turnout for saturdays smashing is going downhill fast. kyle, rick, bone, tony, and many many more wont be able to show... hence the biweekly is postponed until further notice. if anything changes i'll update before friday. sorry guys, see u all sooner or later

Rickety

Peace and Love
Just to let you guys know, The Fashion Gamers (TKD, Oria, MogX, and Soid) have informed me of a tournament in Tijuana this Saturday. You guys may want to check it out, especially those in the South Bay. :]

araknophobik

Smash Master
to Bone:
i just saw your set against lucky
and iono if i should be inspired or discouraged
that was one of the craziest sets ive ever seen
and i never thought i'd see the day a floaty would beat lucky on FD

if the peach theory is true
then i can either lose weight and main sheik
or stay chunky and main peach =]

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Rick update the first page.

Triweekly XVIII will be held on Saturday, December 15th at the Sixth College Lodge.
Be there at 11, bring TVs cubes, you guys know the drill.

EDIT: Unfortunately it does cost $50 from my own pockets to reserve the lodge. I could either take $50 from the pot or charge $2 venue fee, after we pass 25 entrants I'd put the extra into the pot as well.

LHG

Smash Journeyman

Triweekly XVIII will be held on Saturday, December 15th at the Sixth College Lodge.
SD Triweekly Homecoming to the Lodge. This is going to be grand.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
to Bone:
i just saw your set against lucky
and iono if i should be inspired or discouraged
that was one of the craziest sets ive ever seen
and i never thought i'd see the day a floaty would beat lucky on FD

if the peach theory is true
then i can either lose weight and main sheik
or stay chunky and main peach =]
thanks.

your looks won't determine who you play with though, haha... or do they..? l0l.
personally, i think your shiek is much better. just my opinion though,

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
bone, we don't want him to use sheik either.

"we" being sheik mains.

nice to know peach mains feel the same =)

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
In this post: Rick has partially taken over Saint Patrick's body and is pulling a Rick; quoting a ton of people in one post and responding to each one!

Hey Patrick, the way you feel about not being in the SoCal power rankings is the same way I feel about not being on the SD power rankings. Don't let the fact that you're not on it hurt your game...not being ranked doesn't upset me, it makes me wanna play better and let the community know what I'm all about. And don't ignore my advice just 'cause you're WAY better than me either.

Good stuff to everyone from SD that went to UCLA!
Haha yeah, I guess that's true. It also makes people go "WTF" when they get beaten by a Ganon they've never heard of before. But I wish I was more well known. That's my main goal in smash at this point. Become well known.

Watch it Bone, I'ma take lessons from Pat and come back with a ferocious Ganon, rawr
Man, what kind of a teammate would I be if I taught you to **** Bone with a Ganon as epic as mine? Then again, double Ganon team someday would kick ***! =D

it all depends on how many people enter. the cash is determined by the pot usually 50% or 60% to first. If you had 40 people with 5$ per person, 1st place would get $120 at 60%
Oh, I quoted the wrong post but still. I like the $2 venue fee, bringing the cost of entry from $10 to $12. Not that much money, enough to cover the cost out of your pocket, and a hefty boost in the pot for people who get in the money.

whens the next tounrmaent or super smash bros. event in san diego?
Supposedly this saturday, although it looks like Boss is gonna call if off. So either this saturday in Oceanside (check the biweekly thread) or next saturday at UCSD (check the first post of this thread.) Everyone is welcome to SD events =P No need to be on a "team" or whatever.

The turnout for saturdays smashing is going downhill fast. kyle, rick, bone, tony, and many many more wont be able to show... hence the biweekly is postponed until further notice. if anything changes i'll update before friday. sorry guys, see u all sooner or later
Dude I'm so planning on going. Don't cancel!

thanks.

your looks won't determine who you play with though, haha... or do they..? l0l.
personally, i think your shiek is much better. just my opinion though,
I agree. Sheik is a dirty *****; Peach takes much more time to learn to play well. Look at me, I picked up Sheik a couple nights ago and it's already really dirty. Ask Bone!

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I agree. Sheik is a dirty *****; Peach takes much more time to learn to play well. Look at me, I picked up Sheik a couple nights ago and it's already really dirty. Ask Bone!
Big difference in "wow I picked up Sheik and know how to play her half decently" and actually doing really well with her.

I'll mm your Sheik with some of my secondaries though. Secondary mms are too good. Fox v Sheik?

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hey Pat, do you have any other details that I can add to the first page? Address, Payout Split, etc?

Will you need any help in running these tournaments?

<3
rick(ety)

Edit:
In this post: Rick has partially taken over Saint Patrick's body and is pulling a Rick; quoting a ton of people in one post and responding to each one!
Rickety-pulling is the bestest!
By the way, are you going to the NorCal road trip?

Edit 2:

I'm pretty sure Vitin is the greatest
Pft, peach vs ics is for noobs. It's all about fawks.
I am now officially the President of the Zack353 Fan Club. Yeahyuz. <3333

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
:( wish i could make this triweekly, gonna be in norcal.

if i don't come to SD before brawl, i'm gonna kill myself.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces

EDIT: Unfortunately it does cost $50 from my own pockets to reserve the lodge. I could either take $50 from the pot or charge $2 venue fee, after we pass 25 entrants I'd put the extra into the pot as well.
Or you could charge about 1.25 per person and itd just about match the 50 dollars. hehehe

Saint Patrick said:
Then again, double Ganon team someday would kick ***! =D
Your team name would HAVE to be Gerudo Rush.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
i cant believe the tri weeklies are finally back. *vivid memories of driving out of his way at the last ballroom tournament to pick up golden muffin* L0L0L0L. <3

L0L edrees and his team names.

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
NOOOOOOO! One of my finals was pushed back to the morning of the 15th at 8am to 11am. I doubt I'll take up the whole 3 hrs but I bet I could make it from UCR to UCSD in time for singles. Even if I don't make it in time, I'll probably show up.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I'll be at Disneyland till midnight the night before...but I'll see if I can make this Triweekly! =P

IE: I really wanna go.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Or you could charge about 1.25 per person and itd just about match the 50 dollars. hehehe

Your team name would HAVE to be Gerudo Rush.
LOL it SO would! Depending on whether or not Bone goes to this triweekly, that may very well be Pat and my team name =D

EDIT: I totally got moved into a room with a computer at work, so I can check smashboards from Creekside elementary!! Haha

Top Bottom