• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

LHG

Smash Journeyman
i have a phobia of librarians...
I think I'm the same way. I never met a librarian that I found friendly or anything, so being in a library is a situation where it's just a matter of time that I have to wait for someone to yell at me for doing something wrong... no matter how small. :mad:

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
I used to work in a library. Librarians just like order. You'll probably be fine as long as you don't eat, get in anyone's way, make a mess, or make a sound. Basically, find a corner and just be as discreet as possible. Although they might just not want you playing video games at all.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
I used to work in a library. Librarians just like order. You'll probably be fine as long as you don't eat, get in anyone's way, make a mess, or make a sound. Basically, find a corner and just be as discreet as possible. Although they might just not want you playing video games at all.
librarians are against everything i stand for. like eating and drinking...speaking....video games...and even if we had the TV's on mute...im sure the controller clicking would make them do the whole "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is a LIBRARY!!!" thing like that one chick from that old school show "All that" on nickelodeon...kicked out for sure...lol

I used to work in a library.

SO YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!!!!

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
librarians are against everything i stand for. like eating and drinking...speaking....video games...and even if we had the TV's on mute...im sure the controller clicking would make them do the whole "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is a LIBRARY!!!" thing like that one chick from that old school show "All that" on nickelodeon...kicked out for sure...lol

SO YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!!!!
lol... The controller clicking would only be a problem if it were a real quiet library. That's why I suggested finding a corner. But you can talk as long as you keep your voice low. Some big libraries can actually be kind of loud since there are a lot of people speaking. Honestly though, I think the biggest problem would be whether or not they're okay with you playing video games. The worst they're gonna do is tell you to get out.

Jon, can you check your PMs?

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Yay I finally beat your Marth rick. I am sure it will be another blue moon when that happens next. I really liked that controller you had I was using, I need to get me one of those ;]

$BONE$

Smash Ace
i can think of 4 smashers at southwestern college off the top of my head that would go. all unrelated to smashboards.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Hey if you guys are serious about hosting a Smash tourney at SWC im down thats literally 10 minutes away from my house! Better than driving up to UCSD or something..... But if you guys are really serious let me know ill go 4 sure!!!!

P.S.
If were gonna do this make this legit and have ppl put in some money cause we really need to get a Chula Vista Smash Scene Going!!! And if were gonna smash at SWC make sure were allowed cause its gonna be ******** for us to show up and have a stupid librarian telling us to shut up or telling us to get out! All im saying is if were gonna do this lets do this right! And I can get like 2 more of my friends to come to this if it happens.....

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
oceanside is gonna smash before ucla so those of u who wish to join us post now... it's gonna be on friday most likely.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
i would be down for hosting a little smash get together at my house but i have visit for like a week so thats out, my cousin lives like a minute from swc but that would be weird showing up w/ like 10 people (tony que pedo, can we come in pa jugar some smash) anyways the one time i played smash at swc we played in the downstairs study rooms, theres a tv in most of those

jwnz

Smash Cadet
i was thinking we could do it in the study rooms.. but they're kinda small. not to mention i would think we'd get loud.

and would the librarians care that we're using study rooms to play video games?

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
we need to make a chula vista area thread (SD, chula vista, national city and tj)
Yes thats exactly what im saying we need to get a smash scene for chula, National City, and I guesse Tj but I wouldnt cross the border just to play some smash..... Unless its a huge tourney.... But even still if its just friendlies, which i prefer it to be an actual tourney, but either way we need to get it started so it gets bigger than from their start some little tourneys then move to bigger ones in the area...... thats how well get it going and we need to set a date for SWC if its going down there that is???

.PNOY.

Smash Apprentice
could be a smashfest and if enough people want to, we could do a small tourney.

i want to do a tourney lol
WOW MCP, just want money!!! jk mang. freakin u shoulda got 3rd place at boss's! we gotta smash it up again G.

oh n remember, u cant use blue falcon and purple ganon. imma make it so u cant use falcon AT ALL!!!!

eastlake person

Smash Cadet
WOW MCP, just want money!!! jk mang. freakin u shoulda got 3rd place at boss's! we gotta smash it up again G.

oh n remember, u cant use blue falcon and purple ganon. imma make it so u cant use falcon AT ALL!!!!
haha i know i use light blue falcon now, so gay

and you can't use green fox LOL

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Yes thats exactly what im saying we need to get a smash scene for chula, National City, and I guesse Tj but I wouldnt cross the border just to play some smash..... Unless its a huge tourney
well a lot of people from Tj come to swc so incorporating tj into the chula region is a good idea at least for me and it would hel expand the chula scene, anyways im in tj a lot so crossing for me is no problem but yea i wouldnt go just to play smash too (i have to at least eat there or something)

jwnz

Smash Cadet
its true, we need to establish a chula vista/san diego scene. i bet those tourney's up in ocean side and ucsd would be bigger if it wasn't for the fact that its a 30+ minute drive up the freeway for us down here.

i declare that swc be our smash place for us down here... or is there like a community center somewhere we can use.

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
could someone please give me some information on the swc smash scene? im completely confused on the topic.

my number is 619 764 0930

jwnz

Smash Cadet
could someone please give me some information on the swc smash scene? im completely confused on the topic.

my number is 619 764 0930
it is currently non existent, or actually, its more like non organized. there are many players at swc, its just that we dont have anything to collect them all in one place.

Rickety

Peace and Love
It's sad, but 619 hardly ever has smashfests :(
Maybe Morse High School will be having another one soon ;)

I might be able to go to UCLA again! yippee! <3

<3
rick(ety)

Top Bottom