• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Played brawl all night long...and I have to say this game will have an amazing meta game...i just know it.

Now I need to buy it to play more. :(

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
I actually like the Fox in Brawl more than the Fox in Melee. I love stalling with his shine, and his Fsmash is crazy looking. I noticed something, every once in a while when I shined in the air I went up slightly.

I lost in the gamestop tourny thing pretty fast. I was forced to use Ike, and it was that DK stage where it scrolls up, and I had real trouble jumping fast enough. The other guy was diddy and just avoided me after I died once and won from the time out.

My friend in Sac won his, he got really lucky though. He got to choose his character, so he picked samus and throughout his macthes he got a hammer, a star man, a golden hammer, really good assist trophys, legendary pokemon from the pokeballs, a couple heart containers, and the small ball.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
i won my tourney.
got a free copy of brawl.
i'm assuming that the triweekly will be on the 22nd because of what azn_lep told me...if it isn't, then i will be hosting a the first brawl bossy biweekly :)

seigehyland

Smash Ace
sweet..im following you ...geez...brawl is too fun...i still have a full 5 page report due tomorrow that i havent even started thanks to brawl.

PS: congrats to all the game stop winners...

-BOSS (won brawl) , St. Patrick (won brawl) , MikeHaze(won something), WWJD (won nothing), Kira(won a wii, brawl and strategy guide for brawl)

D

Deleted member

I got to quarter finals in the carmel mt. tourney. Yoshi is awesome. Brawl is awesome. Yep.:dizzy:

Edit: I loved the wrestling trpohy st. pat got for winning.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
not this weekend..but next weekend is suppose to be Azn_leps UCSD triweekly at UCSD, afterwards BOSS is gunna keep having his biweeklies as scheduled...im excited...i dont suck at this game..:)

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I got to quarter finals in the carmel mt. tourney. Yoshi is awesome. Brawl is awesome. Yep.:dizzy:

Edit: I loved the wrestling trpohy st. pat got for winning.
Hah man did you even talk to me while we were there? I don't think I've ever met you. And if I did, I just don't know your face to your smashboards name.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
Hah man did you even talk to me while we were there? I don't think I've ever met you. And if I did, I just don't know your face to your smashboards name.
you know whats funny...at my mira mesa gamestop...i was like..dropping names for smash...like..oh yah ive gotten to play people like DSF, St Patrick, alot of ranked people...and they were like..."who is DSF?" ..."ive never felt more shame for one person at a single moment than i did for that kid...i had to finally say "the guy who useto be on the same crew with Zelgadis on DBR? and apparently Zel's name rang more bells...it just made me realize....we need to get better socal...lol

PS:....my brawl captain falcon can DASH DANCE!!! noted as my first mindgame for brawl =P

PPS:....is tehre a difference between my wii code and my brawl friend code? im sorta confused..maybe i should just troubleshoot

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
not this weekend..but next weekend is suppose to be Azn_leps UCSD triweekly at UCSD, afterwards BOSS is gunna keep having his biweeklies as scheduled...im excited...i dont suck at this game..:)
Aight thats kool I just really gotta get use to the game speed of brawl and you know what? They really messed up falco! His forward smash is a head butt and he throws his reflector which is kinda wack if you ask me but I like that they kept marth and fox the same pretty much.....

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
you know whats funny...at my mira mesa gamestop...i was like..dropping names for smash...like..oh yah ive gotten to play people like DSF, St Patrick, alot of ranked people...and they were like..."who is DSF?" ..."ive never felt more shame for one person at a single moment than i did for that kid...i had to finally say "the guy who useto be on the same crew with Zelgadis on DBR? and apparently Zel's name rang more bells...it just made me realize....we need to get better socal...

i hope you're really not serious about socal getting better.

romeo619

Smash Ace
you know whats funny...at my mira mesa gamestop...i was like..dropping names for smash...like..oh yah ive gotten to play people like DSF, St Patrick, alot of ranked people...and they were like..."who is DSF?" ..."ive never felt more shame for one person at a single moment than i did for that kid...i had to finally say "the guy who useto be on the same crew with Zelgadis on DBR? and apparently Zel's name rang more bells...it just made me realize....we need to get better socal...lol
it aint like every kid in gamestop is gonna kno who DSF is

seigehyland

Smash Ace
i hope you're really not serious about socal getting better.
hahaha.....no...i just figured that anyone who was remotely interested in smash and would go to a brawl tourney would know who SOME big names are...

and no mike ..i was just kidding...we have some of the best smashers on earth in socal...ken,chudat,mango,hugS...etc

i just wanna get really good at brawl and have my name up there with some of those guys too maybe... :/ practice practice practice

D

Deleted member

No i didn't really talk to you, cuz i wasn't sure if it was you (until you won). =/ I'm not sure if we've met, i think we played a friendly once. I'll introduce myself next time i see you.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
UCSD Brawl Triweekly I

When:
March 22nd, 2008
10:00 AM for warm-ups and setting-up
12:00 PM Tournament will start, no exceptions
9:00 PM Clean up
10:00 PM Tournament must end, no exceptions

Where:

University of California: San Diego
Sixth College Lodge
9500 Gilman Dr.
La Jolla CA, 92092

Tournament Rules:

Singles and Doubles:
Double Elimination
Team Attack ON
Items OFF
8:00 Time Limit
3 stock
All Sets are Best 2 out of 3
All Finals are Best 3 out of 5

Stages:
Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Yoshi's Story, Smashville

As far as banned stages and counterpicks go I'll get to that after I've played them enough to judge what should be bannable.

Entry Fee and Pot Distribution:

$5.00 - Singles Entry
$10.00 - Doubles Entry ($5.00 per person)

Singles: 1st 60% - 2nd 30% - 3rd 10%
Doubles 1st 60% - 2nd 30% - 3rd 10%

NOTE: $50.00 will be taken from the pot in order to pay for the venue fee.

Azn Lep: (760) 580-6774

BRING SETUPS - WE WILL NEED TVS, WIIS, AND COPIES OF BRAWL

ASP

Smash Apprentice
Dopeeee.

Although i have some beef with pokemon stadium 1. The windmill in the water area is just stupid now, and I think it was banned in other tournies. Just sayin, tho.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
really? Pokemon Stadium 1 being the Melee stage. I haven't heard of it banned anywhere (Pokemon Stadium 2 is the Brawl stage.)

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
yey!!!

i'm accepting MM's. whoever vs. my lucas.

who wants to brawl it up this weekend and get some pracrice in?
post in here if ur dwon, me and rickety are trying to get something together...

if u guys really want i can host a tourney this saturday...

post post post and we'll see what goes down

ps... im too lazy to figure it out... someone please tell me how and where to get my brawl friend code and my wii #. thanks

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
that is lazy boss... you just go online -> play with friends -> add friends section and you friend code is under your name

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
yey!!!

post post post and we'll see what goes down

ps... im too lazy to figure it out... someone please tell me how and where to get my brawl friend code and my wii #. thanks
One dollar vs. my Olimar. =D

seigehyland

Smash Ace
Lol, Chudat's Socal? Didn't he like only vacation here once for like a week or something like that?
haha..St. Patrick told me that chudat is midwest....i thought he was a socal smasher then quit...didnt he uesto live in socal? whatever.....im confused now

yey!!!

i'll take that MM..$1 against my sheik/link/falcon/falco

im glad you can actually use the c-stick on 1player mode for brawl...i think thats what deterred me from playing 1 player more in melee...

also, i have work this weekend if i went i wouldnt be able to go until after 4 :( i really wanna play tho...but i will definetly be at UCSD. im juiced already for my 1st big brawl tourney (2nd if u wanna include gamestop)

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
that is lazy boss... you just go online -> play with friends -> add friends section and you friend code is under your name
thanks g haha

One dollar vs. my Olimar. =D
deal

haha..St. Patrick told me that chudat is midwest....i thought he was a socal smasher then quit...didnt he uesto live in socal? whatever.....im confused now

i'll take that MM..$1 against my sheik/link/falcon/falco

im glad you can actually use the c-stick on 1player mode for brawl...i think thats what deterred me from playing 1 player more in melee...

also, i have work this weekend if i went i wouldnt be able to go until after 4 :( i really wanna play tho...but i will definetly be at UCSD. im juiced already for my 1st big brawl tourney (2nd if u wanna include gamestop)
i'll mm any/all of em baby

Rickety

Peace and Love
Awesome job to Pat for getting the first of the new Triweeklies set up!! <3
The info has been put on the front page, and I'll fix the stuff on the bottom tomorrow, when I'm on a faster computer.

Pat! That GW is too good! Azn_Lep for best Custom Taunts ever.
Doodles is amazing :]

I'll destroy Lucien in Brawl! JK JK
(Hi Jason!) :]

<3
rick(ety)

P.S. Kyle, Hearts and Smiles for top 3 in doubles at the triweekly? We've got this! :]

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Chris, I think I'm pretty much the only smasher on the boards from UCSD, but I'd be down to play sometime. There's a mess load of guys up in Muir that play Brawl all the time, I'll check in and see if we can get a little smashfest arranged.

Top Bottom