• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San-Kakuto-Geemu: Worthington, Ohio (Feb 26th) RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Yeah, there's no melee at this tourny. I'm just bringin it cause I know a few people still play it more than brawl (such as moi).
Really makes me sadface that the melee scene in ohio is all but dead in terms of tournaments :<

QUIVO

Smash Master
Links, I don't remember how to play TL either.

Btw, will people show me MvC3 stuff? I want to have a spidey/ammy/ ???? team.

Unfortunately, this is the first MvC I've tried to get into, and I have only played against computers : (

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I'm pretty sure we all will Quivo. I'd bring MvC2, but I can't bring a PS2 as well, and I dont know if anyone will have it on arcade from 360 (is it on PSN as well? I cant remember)
Im pretty sure everyone can help the newbies with MvC3. The fighting is great, but like angryjoe said..beyond the excellent fighting...it's lacking. Spider n Ammy....hmm....I honestly wouldn't know where to begin to suggest for that...They both have an ability to quickly swing across the screen, so they both have good mobility and some decent 'projectiles'...

QUIVO

Smash Master
I like camping with ammy. It's not the greatest, but it's fun.

Sentinal seems like a good 3rd teammate, but I don't want to use him if everyone else is going to.

I just find spidey and ammy so damn fun.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Someone at the SRK scene was DOMINATING Sentinels left and right with Dante... like they couldn't do anything about it....

PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME FOR THIS!!!!!!

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Actually, they've noticed that while MagStormSent is still viable as a gay grouping, the faster characters are among the more dangerous.
X-23's speed and combos/infinites can easily take down sent and a lot of others.
Ammy is also considered on par with X-23. Chun-Li's pretty high up there, and Dante is high up purely on the insane number of moves he has. The really fast characters are atm taking reign of everything because of how quickly they wreck people. IMO, I agree with what someone on the forums said. For tournaments, it should be played with damage set to low or lowest.
Medium just allows things to die way too fast.
But Low/lowest (especially lowest) feels a LOT more like MvC2 in terms of what damage does, which gives some of the weaker characters a chance to survive a bit longer. (Trust me, phoenix still melts like paper if combo'd in at this damage setting.)

EDIT: My only issue is...If argent does stay, and I'd be stayin with him...Where do we go >.>...
EDIT: Ah well...back to RIFT! Weeeeee~

QUIVO

Smash Master
How many people are in line for the signups? Shugo told me tonight he's more than likely not coming.

Anyway, I think it's funny how AZ, Z, and I can't rep our own city (which is completely our fault lol).

It's okay though, I think I might've played with moose maybe one or two times since the last tournament I attended. I'd have a poor performance anyway.

Roller

Smash Legend
uggggh, just got a call from this guy ^ asking if I wanted to go to this. I've never been more unpleased to be flying home for a break.

Also, great times at Pound, Kiest. (didn't feel like doing a full longass shoutout post in the results thread) I'll make it out to one of your tourneys eventually. Hope this tourney runs smoothly.

D

Deleted member

So, three more spots are open for Brawl singles. Auspher, Hunky, and Solecalibur. :(

Sole was originally gonna drive us, but he didn't get enough sleep last night and overslept this morning. When we came to wake him up, he was completely out of it and didn't even want to go anymore, even if we just drove...so yeah. The other car that was going from Athens is full, and no one else with cars really wanted to drive. ::sigh::

Luminoth...win this for me. :<

Edit: POPS is still debating driving us, so mine and Hunky's spots aren't open for sure just yet. I'll update this post when all is known.

Update: Yeah, mine and Hunky's spots are open. Have fun, guys!

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I would have went but it's hella away from Kentucky. GL to everyone tho<3

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I win at MvC3 forever and ever.

I shall return next time to defend my... title?

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I'm seriously disappoint that I couldn't get any melee going. Like really, why the **** is melee so damn dead :/.
-------
I enjoyed myself, and I hate/love Fro. ****in tired by the time I hit fro for mystery event. :<.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Soooo fun xD Loved seeing everyone
I got some good pictures for my senior journey book scrapbook thingy.
Good times, good times.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Someone at the SRK scene was DOMINATING Sentinels left and right with Dante... like they couldn't do anything about it....

PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME FOR THIS!!!!!!
Bah, I honestly think people will find Sent very beatable as the game evolves. I can't say I'm good at the game yet, but I saw a few strategies that did/could work, and can think of a few more (Just wait until I get good with VJoe...).
Heh, I was kind of hoping to see some Taskmaster though. I've been hearing he's ridiculous, but have yet to see a good one.

I'm seriously disappoint that I couldn't get any melee going. Like really, why the **** is melee so damn dead :/.
-------
I enjoyed myself, and I hate/love Fro. ****in tired by the time I hit fro for mystery event. :<.
I'm willing to MM that **** at any time. And don't pull out tired johns :p I pretty much never sleep any more thanks to both work and Black Ops.

Results thread for shoutouts?

This was a lot of fun.

Top Bottom