• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sand Storm OU Remade

superlucario

Smash Apprentice
Gliscor@ Leftovers
Impish
40def/216spe/252atk/
-Earthquake
-Roost
-Stealth Rock
-Night Slash 
This pokemon Is One Of my favorites and the Robin of this team. He will Set of Stealth Which Is One of his most importent jobs. But If A lead like Azelf comes out I will maybe be able to take him out with Night slash in two moves before he can Explode. Then There is Roost which is more of insurence and in case a Ice pokemon like mamoswine comes out so I can drop one of my types to make it x2 instead of x4. Then My last move EQ, No Ground type is complete without Earthquake.
Now lets talk EVs I put the Attack EV on him Because of his overall Atack stat and to help Night slash 2HKO a Azelf. Then the 40 def EVs they are to servive a ice punch by a Lead weville And last but not least The 216 spe. basicly to help it out speed some pokemon that would normalty be faster. Ok thats it To the next pokemon

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adament
160Hp/252Atk/96Spe
-Persuit
-Crunch
-Taunt
-Stone Edge

Now Here he is Batman first Off he will start sand storm with his abilty Sand Stream then Use Stone Edge which combined with Choice band And his monsterous Attack Stat will own tons of pesky pokemon. Now let me talk about the rest of the awsomeness that is this pokemon. First Persuit which if I catch a cowerd pokemon who is retreting I will Destroy Him With Stab Persuit but not many uses besides that and Now to the next Move. Crunch I am Cosidering swiching this for Earth Quake But I might not. The Last move I have is Taunt for is if Glicor susscessfuly Defeats Azelf I will send out Tyranitar to Tuant anybody that trys to get SR off.
Now to EVs atk to enhance that already great atk stat. Hp to give him extra bulkyness. And spe to just make him faster then some other taunter after the swich. And again Next pokemon.

Scizor@Focas Sash
252Spe/252atk/4defence
Adament
~Uturn
~Swords Dance
~Bullet Punch
~Roost
I Replaced Lucario with this pokemon because of his Strangth aginst pokemon like tyranitar I made this set all by my self and I like it because it lets him heal fromat low damage with roost and can throw Bullet punches like no one has ever seen after one swords dance and then if a fire pokemon comes out he can uturn to swampert or glicor
EVs/ Atk 252 to inhance his strong attak and Speed to out speed pokemon like garodos that laq speed EVs

Swampert@ Leftovers
Relaxed
4atk/252hp/252def
-Earthquake
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Protect

I saw this set on Smogon, And I thought it looked awsome, and the reasons I like it are. number 1, is that it is really bulky and can take meny attacks with the High Hp and Defence EVs. And the the Great moves like EQ and Ice Beam, Also leftovers give it even more bulkyness and Ice beam gives it a nice last shot at a grass type pokemon even though they are rare. Well that is About it for this pokemon.

Heatran@ Life Orb
Timid
4atk/252spa/252spe
-Fire Blast
-HP Grass
-Earth Power
-Taunt

Heatran is on this team to swich in on any Grass type pokemon that threaten swampert also any Ice Types that are threating any of my ground pokemon he also has HP Grass so that he might get a hit on a pokemon like swampert and taunt to stop a setup sweep. This pokemon also is my only Spa attacker which could be a problem against gengar and other SpWalls

Mamoswine@LifeOrb
Naughty
244atk/64spa/200spe
-Earthquake
-Blizzard
-Ice Shard
-Stone Edge

This pokemon Will probably save me from many Defeats in the future Because of its awsome typing its Abilty is Snow cloack by the way Ok lets talk moveset. EQ is strong against Fire types and any Birds that Excape EQ with be frozen By Blizzard Or Ice Shard depending on the pokeon
Then Stone edge For Insurence. Since this is mixed Attacker since It has Spa This then is a Elephant sized problem for the other pokemon. and on that I say farewell.

Ok Tell me what you think i am sorry for the bad spelling

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Holy **** I think my brain cells are dieing trying to read this.

A Vaporeon or Celebi would work fairly well over Mamoswine.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Let me summarize my opinion on this team and thread in one word:

No.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow... Scizor has Focus Sash?

Put Choice Band on it.

Roost?

Put something like pursuit, purposefully switch on a pokemon that's weak to scizor, they realize they have to switch, you use Pursuit on it

And is swords dance even good on Scizor? I've never seen a Scizor that does that, but take it off as well if you're putting choice band on it. I don't think you wanna be locked in to Swords Dance even though you'll have monstrous attack but you don't actually do any damage.

In general, taht Scizor sucks. And Mamoswine isn't even that useful in OU.

And @ TRG. I think that Gliscor COULD take out Azelf. I mean, Azelf won't explode on the second turn. It'll most probably be:

Azelf used Taunt
Gliscor used NS
NS does X amount of damage
Azelf used SR
Gliscor used NS
Azelf fainted

Unless that Gliscor is too weak to even defeat Azelf before that time period, I think it could have a good chance at defeating it.

And I should know because that god**** Azelf always does that before my Pert dies because it doesn't know any good moves against Azelf

Wait nevermind, I just remembered I'm always left with like 10% of health due to explosion, but it ends up dying in the next turn anyways.

But enough about my pokemon, this team needs some serious improvement here.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
And @ TRG. I think that Gliscor COULD take out Azelf. I mean, Azelf won't explode on the second turn. It'll most probably be:

Azelf used Taunt
Gliscor used NS
Azelf used SR
Gliscor used NS
Azelf fainted

Unless that Gliscor is too weak to even defeat Azelf before that time period, I think it could have a good chance at defeating it.
Oh yeah Taunt leads... I never use them since my team is extremely SR/Toxic Spikes resistant... And I never get taunted because I always use anti-leads.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Why does Heatran have Taunt?

I mean, if you have one pokemon doing the job already, why give it to another one?

Or at least take Taunt off of Ttar and let Heatran do the job

Or even better, just take it off of both of them

Taunt is only good in Ubers when you face off against a Jumpluff and in OU only when the match starts. That just screws the lead over putting SR up

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, I'm really starting to love this RMT.

"This pokemon also is my only Spa attacker which could be a problem against gengar and other SpWalls"

hahahahaha

This guy's in a whole 'nother metagame from us.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Taunt is only good in Ubers when you face off against a Jumpluff and in OU only when the match starts. That just screws the lead over putting SR up
Taunt is actually extremely good against OU Stall. I can't count how many times I've won stall battles because my TauntSkarm beat out other stallers.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Well...hmm...

You're probably gonna want to look up standard analyses for these pokemon. Make your gliscor Jolly, Tyranitar should NOT have taunt with a choice band (give it Earthquake instead), if you want to run a swords dance scizor give it bug bite or brick break over u-turn, and don't waste its item slot with focus sash (try leftovers instead). Swampert should have Stealth Rock over Protect. That heatran set is fine, taunt helps it a lot actually for giving things better switches vs. blissey who expect to get off a free thunder wave or threats like that. Replace Mamoswine with Flygon:

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Jolly/Levitate

Earthquake
Outrage
U-turn
Thunderpunch/Stone Edge

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
As a note, TauntLO Tran is an extremely underrated set and is amazing. Probably the best part of this RMT lol.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I just want to know how Tyranitar is bat man...

Choice Scarf on Ttar, and honestly I love the Ttar lead I got on here, it's epic.

Tyranitar Jolly @ Focus Sash
252Att/220Speed/32Spdef
Crunch
EQ
Stealth rock
Sleep talk

<3 It's the bomb.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Lol@ loving my lead so much you post it for my on RMTs

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well think about it, before you suggested it I had a CBTar

You know how often he died before accomplishing anything?

Top Bottom