• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Also there will be an RHA tournament for all 3 Smash games but there is a catch. You can only enter 1 event, you must show proof that you live in the resident halls (they scan your access card), and if you do not live in the resident halls, your teammate must live in the resident halls. :147:

People who live in resident halls:
Huy
David Martin Chao
Joey
Wayne
Anthony

People who do not live in resident halls:
Andrej
Caleb
John
Jeff
David Mendez

Also I'm using my :jigglypuff: in teams at this to make it even for the non-competitive players to make it more balanced. I will use my :peach: at the LAN Party though. Who wants to team with my :jiggs:

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
I'm down for a smashfest this weekend. And if any people in the residence halls need a teammate for the tournament Huy mentioned, I'm probably available for that too.

I play Falcon, Marth and Doc

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Well considering we are playing against non-competitive people, using my :jiggs: would make the teams more unbalanced. I already mentioned that I would be using :peach: at the LAN Party and someone else at the RHA. It just so happens that I listed the "someone else" as :jiggs: but I can use like :fox: or something. Also I have been watching a lot of Mango / Lucky videos lately and I'm starting to learn how to rest in teams without putting the team at a disadvantage.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
HEY HEY HEY. If I'm in apartment owned housing am I eligible!!!!!?????

And HEY HEY HEY. People text me if you want to be in on the smashfest. Or get on facebook "UCSB Smash Club" and message me there. 209 403 5828

I'm tired of All the back-and-forth here with "where and what". Let's just smash! There are three TV's available here at Santa Ynez alone (two of mine and one brought in from like nextdoor).

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
6750 El Colegio Apartment # 418
Goleta, 93117

Saturday Night. Brawl and Melee.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Dante, you still have not answered my question regarding if you would team up with me at the RHA tournament if I used :jiggs: I will still use :peach: at the LAN Party though.

John, you are not eligible unless you team with a person in the RH. How many of each set up would we have?

Stev

Smash Ace
Having a birthday kegger tonight if anyone's interested. 161 Del Sur. 9:00 is official start. People will prolly show around 9:30-10. If you wanna smash, show up early. I'll prolly be drinking at5 or so

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Is Halo Reach a balanced game to have MMs? LAN Party on Saturday November 20, 2010 12 PM. This date is already set in stone. Nelson told me. Make a thread for this. :234: Also Dante, did you wanted to say something to me verbally at the bus stop? It looked like you were trying to approach me or something. Also Caleb, I was about to message you on Google Talk then you signed off like 10 seconds ago.

Who is bringing set ups?

CableCho57

Smash Lord
well how can it not be balanced? Both players will have the same starter weapon most likely br which was tournament standard in the halo 2 and 3 and they are on a map that equally affects them. Unlike melee peach vs. roy on mute city or something lol

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Is Caleb bringing a set up?

Confirmed TVs for Melee:
1. Dante
2. John

Confirmed Melee:
1. David
2. Dante
3. Caleb

Confirmed Brawl Full Set Ups:
1. John

Confirmed Halo Reach Set Up:
1. John

Also do you want to make the thread for the LAN Party tournament now? It is on 11-20-10.

:246:

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
If it starts at 6, I can probably drop by with my Wii for a bit. I wouldn't be able to stay too long though. An hour and a half or so at most.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I'm hoping there will be takers to play serious Brawl best of 3's by the way :D. I'll invite JunK and Vicegrip and Curdis.

In response to Halo Reach Money Matches:
I've been competitive in halo. And Halo 1 was the best of the series for 1v1's and games post-halo1 are not worth 1v1ing in my opinion. If I thought it was any fun I'd be up for it, sorry dude. We can still play though, preferably with teams.

Someone bring an Xbox 360 controller we only have 3 and we want 4 player Reach!

DanteFox

Smash Champion
If you make it don't expect me to help out. You'd only be taking on a job that wasn't yours to begin with. you're gonna be running it all by yourself.

and judging by how you've run the smashfests so far that doesn't sound too promising.

I'll make it when I've talked to the person who's running it so I can coordinate with them.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Nelson is in charge of running the LAN Party. I just wanted to make sure that the tournament was advertised well in advance so we can have a good turnout. You advertised the last LAN Party 9 days in advance. I've never ran any smashfests. I only relay the information the hosts has been telling me. This year RHA has connections with the ASTC and can run joint events. Even if I do create the LAN Party tournament thread, I don't have to list myself as one of the TOs and have a person in RHA whom I trust to run the tournament. He has run a Melee tournament with >40 entrants with TIO with MBR rule sets before back in the day (although he no longer attends tournaments and is interested in getting back to the scene). I will talk to him more about it though.

:246:

Also is Caleb bringing a set up?

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
3 TV's including the TV I believe David brought last time.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Anticipatory Crowd for Tonight at 6PM at Apartment #418 Santa Ynez:

Former Apartmentmates (2)
Melee Players (4-?)
Brawl Players (5-?)
People who react/respond to the UCSB Smash Club Facebook Post just made: (1-15+)

TV's Setups:

TV's at my place: 2
Systems at my place: 360 and Wii
TV's and setups by other players:
1) Manda and Becca Gamecube plus Melee
2) Melee player setups brought in
3) Junk's TV & Setup

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Most likely. But I'll probably just conduct the order, not participate or eat.

Top Bottom