• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Does anyone know if there is a Brawl livestream for MLG DC? Apparently Rich Brown :olimar: just beat M2K. Also there seems to be a livestream for Dunk's Melee tournament but it has not been set up yet. I don't play Brawl competitively but now I'm curious.

Can someone text me once the pizza has been ordered? I will pitch in my share of the money.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
Hey so im gonna be busy at like 630 so i might go for just a half hour or something but ill come back later if you guys are still playing (like 9 or so). if you need the set up though just let me know. I can take it at like 6 and just pick it up later.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Are you going to the smashfest? :234: I'm starting to think no one wants me to come over for pizza since I have said many times that I wanted someone to call me when the pizza has been ordered and no one has responded yet. I even offered to split the cost.

Are you watching the livestream?

HaiWayne

Smash Cadet
ur not gonna play there? id call u if i was going :/ i wanna go but looks like i have stuff to do

thanks for the link, it lags tho..

mio

Smash Ace
I always read it as metal reflects lime!

1) I have no idea when Ranbat 1.5 is going to happen... I don't wanna do it during school because that would be too crazy to deal with. So probably between December 10th and January 2nd, when I'm in between quarters.

2) I would love to run Melee's Winter Gamefest if it is requested of me. But I have no affiliation with Gamefest or anyone who runs it, so I would either have to ask whoever's in charge (which, I don't think I'm gonna do), or I would have to be asked by someone. So idk.

=(

CableCho57

Smash Lord
thanks again for hosting john and extra thanks for letting us melee ppl come over and take up alot of your space lol. Your not bad at melee dude, just work on some basic tech skill and I think you have the potential to be really good. Playing brawl at the end was interesting... ^^

anthony your falcon is **** as always. We had some close matches early but I just started getting mentally tired to keep up with the mindgames as the night went on (johns) =P

and huy i'm assuming the bad news is that you must be a ucsb student to enter or something?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I can train you and John in Melee. Yes, I am online. Just leave me messages. :237: I am sad that no one texted me for pizza. I have decided that I'm banning everyone for the Friday Smashfest on 10-22 at Joel's (only for that Friday though, any Friday after that is acceptable).

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Lol. Kay well smashfest saturday is happening again if we don't get our smash room . If anyone knows everything about using sheik's nair and bair to edgeguard that would be very helpful to learn :]

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
This thread is getting ridiculous. It is not meant for conversation about midterms and pizza. Don't flood this thread with crap that doesn't need to be here. I feel like its very annoying for the people... in general. Especially people from SLO who don't seem to have the same problem.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I have very bad news for David M. It appears that only people living in resident halls can enter the RHA tournament. They will be scanning the ID cards. Who wants to team for the RHA tournament? I main :peach: I might use :jiggs: to make the teams for balance for the other players though.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
There is a RHA tourny?

Also, do NOT teach john to gimp/edgeguard with sheik! I hate getting gimped! Sure, I could learn to be a better player and not get gimped but this way is easier. (Johns sheik is getting good btw)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
This thread is getting ridiculous. It is not meant for conversation about midterms and pizza. Don't flood this thread with crap that doesn't need to be here. I feel like its very annoying for the people... in general. Especially people from SLO who don't seem to have the same problem.
nah dude that's what the thread's for. As long as it's marginally relevant to SB/SLO or smash and it's not spam it's ok.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT I WAS GONNA TEAM WITH DAVID CHAO. ARE YOU SERIOUS.

And Dude if no one teaches me to gimp/edgeguard with Sheik I can learn it myself. Two hours in training mode per character is no sweat, I'd love to do it. School is in the way right now though (next two weeks have 5 finals) midterms.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
What Dante and John said are true. Joey says this thread is filled with non-related Smash stuff yet he conveniently left out the fact that the UCSC thread talks about tennis and rock climbing and the 949 thread talks about Star Craft 2, etc and the 707 thread talked about ice cream. The only thread I've seen that stayed COMPLETELY on topic was the Bay Area Melee Practice thread. :236:

John I can teach you how to gimp and training with level one computers is actually better than playing in training mode.

I guess David Martin Chao can team with me. :ganondorf: :jiggs:

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
If it turns out that he can team with me I CALLED HIM FIRST.

Smashfest is on for this Saturday.
Hopefully featuring ANTHONY HEARST'S COOKING.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Interesting, although I am dubious that people outside the dorms such as those living in the apartments can be in the RHA tournament and the fact that they are still considered on campus. Cooking is important if you are not living in the dorms.

:250:

$heen

Smash Ace
Breakdown of spam in this thread:

metalreflectslime 176
DanteFox 75
CableCho57 48
DrAwesome 29
joejoe22802 19

everyone else: <15

On the bright side, at least gosu sheep is gone.

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
What Dante and John said are true. Joey says this thread is filled with non-related Smash stuff yet he conveniently left out the fact that the UCSC thread talks about tennis and rock climbing and the 949 thread talks about Star Craft 2, etc and the 707 thread talked about ice cream. The only thread I've seen that stayed COMPLETELY on topic was the Bay Area Melee Practice thread. :236:

John I can teach you how to gimp and training with level one computers is actually better than playing in training mode.

I guess David Martin Chao can team with me. :ganondorf: :jiggs:
train with level 3 or 4. they punish for not L-canceling and don't have a level 9's ridiculous DI.

Top Bottom