• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I'm free after 7. I doubt people will be using that room to study on friday since most people will be done with finals by then (I'm not saying it can't happen, it just seems unlikely).

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
MCDB 1A is on Saturday at 8 AM. Also regarding your Youtube comment about Jason being convinced by Hax to ban RC and Brinstar, that wasn't true. Jason banned RC and Brinstar back in February 2010 at his first Ownapalooza which was way before the start of Hax's thread.

:212:

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
If there's a smash fest on Friday, I can probably come with a system, but no TV. Anything on Saturday I won't be able to attend though.

Guys can't we all just virtually beat the crap out of each other and get along?

xcevers

Smash Rookie
If there's a smash fest on Friday, I can probably come with a system, but no TV. Anything on Saturday I won't be able to attend though.

Guys can't we all just virtually beat the crap out of each other and get along?
same for me, maybe friday

And dante I approve of your thinking positive post

CableCho57

Smash Lord
oh my goodness lol so what if he did, it was probably an honest mistake and frankly I dont really care if my name is up there or not. We're a small community and we all know each other already.

lol huy that was really irrelevant

on another note, any of you guys read sakurais recent interview? Its in both brawl and melee general discussion and man it just shows how dumb sakurai and brawl really is. No offense brawl players, but furreals, that game is wack

Stev

Smash Ace
on another note, any of you guys read sakurais recent interview? Its in both brawl and melee general discussion and man it just shows how dumb sakurai and brawl really is. No offense brawl players, but furreals, that game is wack
That was the stupidest interview I've ever read. For those who didn't read it, he basically said Melee was the best game he made and he decided to dumb it down for the audience.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
yup huy you were right and I was wrong. I'm sorry if I implied the blame belonged to you. I didn't purposefully remove it. But honestly, it's not big enough of a deal to keep discussing. Honest mistake.

Yeah I read the Sakurai interview. Nice to hear him admit what we all knew, but then he goes on to make these really dumb comments about how melee's too hard and he wants to make it more noob friendly. Lulz. all the casual players I know who play melee don't think it's too hard. they just pick it up and play it. When I started out, I had no idea melee had the depth that it does, I just played it the best I knew how.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Does anyone find it strange that people from Northern California are actually donating to Hungrybox for him to go to DGDTJ? I actually thought people don't like his playstyle. Well maybe NorCal is just being nice or something, and Hungrybox will most likely win the tournament in singles and pay back the money he won to NorCal. M2K won like $600 for first place Melee singles at GSG, but with the entry fee down to $10, the first place person will win like $460 or so given decent attendance.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
i thought they already chose jman
so two ppl are coming from the good player fund?

and not really i guess, from what ive seen and heard hbox is a really chill person
plus m2k and drpp beat him at rom3 so perhaps its the beginning of the end of the hbox bair domination

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Jman was chosen for the GPF. Right now, people are just donating to Hungrybox to come. So it isn't really a GPF since he is just getting separate donations from individual members. Well, you can still be chill and have a Melee playstyle that people do not like. :) His ticket costs $400 and he pays for $200 and is asking for $200.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Yeah me too. Also Joe, can I get housing at your grandmother's place if you are going to DGDTJ, you have an extra space in your car, and you can give me a ride from your grandmother's house to the venue? I'll pay for my share of the gas money from your grandmother's house to the venue if necessary. I'll still try to get housing at WestBallZ's though if there are spots left.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Do you know if Joe has an extra spot in his car and grandmother's place? I was thinking Anthony's room, but we can also vote:

Tecolote
Jalama
Arguello
Miranda
Gaviota
Condor
La Cumbre
Montecito
Tepusquet
Rincon
Zaca
Camuesa
Pendola
Cuyama
Madulce
Figueroa

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Do you know the answer to my question though? Do you know if Joe has an extra spot in his car and grandmother's place? Also if it is Camuesa, then it has to be on Saturday not Friday.

Tecolote
Jalama
Arguello
Miranda
Gaviota
Condor
La Cumbre
Montecito
Tepusquet
Rincon
Zaca
Camuesa (Saturday only)
Pendola
Cuyama
Madulce
Figueroa

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Do you know the answer to my question though? Do you know if Joe has an extra spot in his car and grandmother's place? Also if it is Camuesa, then it has to be on Saturday not Friday.

Tecolote
Jalama
Arguello
Miranda
Gaviota
Condor
La Cumbre
Montecito
Tepusquet
Rincon
Zaca
Camuesa (Saturday only)
Pendola
Cuyama
Madulce
Figueroa

I'm honestly not in a position to speak for joe. Technically he isn't even sure if he's going yet. You should ask him.

I change my vote to Anthony's room then.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I asked you if you knew the answer to the question. I didn't ask you to answer the question for him though. Also what house does Anthony live in? I vote for Jalama.

Tecolote
Jalama -Huy
Arguello
Miranda
Gaviota
Condor
La Cumbre
Montecito
Tepusquet
Rincon
Zaca
Camuesa (Saturday only)
Pendola
Cuyama
Madulce
Figueroa

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Not on Sunday though. Also I forgot to register your vote for Camuesa House. :(

Tecolote
Jalama -Huy
Arguello
Miranda
Gaviota
Condor
La Cumbre
Montecito
Tepusquet
Rincon
Zaca
Camuesa (Saturday only) - Dante
Pendola
Cuyama
Madulce
Figueroa

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
I might be down to play for a little bit tomorrow but ill just call someone and see where we end up.

I can only play tomorrow though since I have the LSAT on Saturday.

Top Bottom