• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santi spills all of his knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ok thats fine. until i can drive and am able to go see friends and stuff and drive out to tournies outside my area im planted with alto of free time. lol.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
I battle TSM every day so he basicly know all of my tatics i need to go switch them up soon

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I know what you mean. I was all about bomb(still am) but I have actually balanced out my game. It's not so much mindless bombing. I'm actually starting to think. I'm actually starting to improve I have a new set of moves(listed on TL move set threads and such) that I'm begining to use. It's awseome. woot!

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
cool im going to play my freind later in my neiborhood (he started maining pit hope he isnt a spamer)

Alzi

Smash Master
This thread is for santi spilling his knowledge but if you want to answer you can.

I want to know if it would be better to c-stick those things.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I say its personal preference if you want to bair 2 times easier then c-stick it.
Some people say c-sticking all aerials helps aerial DI better for like retreating aerials.
Which imo it does.
so I do it for fair and bair.
Thus uair and dair I dont.

Santi

Smash Lord
Yea I use C stick for everything/
Unless I need to do an aerial really quick out of shield.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
What do you do against a Falco player that spams his reflector.

-_-

I kept getting ***** because all of my projectiles were colliding with each other or hitting me.
Even when I short hopped to nair/fair he used the projectile, giving him enough time during stun to fsmash me. >.>

Also, I would jump up and try to down throw my bombs, but he only had to roll.
I eventually caught him in a few melee combos, but my loss in 1 stock and high percentage spent the game.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hold back on your projectiles if you use them alot. use them sparingly. If oyu wana be flashy you can Bair the eflector back at hit for some damage. there was a thread around here that had a vid of someone doing that but I cant find it. Dont hold back on your airs (including Zairs) and grabs, be mindfull Falco can easily spike you. and you can also easily DI from chaingrab.

Sudai

Stuff here
Hyrulian Royalty did surprisingly well at his first tournament yesterday. 4th/20. It wasn't many people, but 4/5 of LA's best were there. O.o I just wanted to come brag it up for him because he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do so himself. XD

Bomber7

Smash Hero

AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-_- tel him i said congratz.

-Cake-

Smash Rookie
So my friend plays DDD, and he blocks my projectiles with his minions and when i get near, he grabs me. just wondering how i should go about beating beating ddd.

Santi

Smash Lord
Use SHDA. Those double arrows are greater than his minions.

Just space yourself and keep your distance with those arrows.
He will stop spamming those guys when he sees that your going to stick to your arrows.

When he does that then you can come in with the usual jazz.
Zair,bombs,bairs etc.

Hyro

Smash Lord
For whoever said they needed help with Falco, just spam your projectiles, as soon as he starts reflector ****** you, zair him. Zair him hard. You want to bait him to reflector with your projectiles so you can zair him and follow up.

The easiest thing to do is get him offstage and gimp his predictable recovery. When he is offstage, spam SHDA and edgehog. If he up B's, that is ridiculously easy to spike. If he forward B's onstage, that is ridculously easy to punish. ;)

Santi

Smash Lord
zair with a bomb to help bait that reflector

EDIT: Lobos got me good =)

Alzi

Smash Master
I've been c-sticking back airs and forwards air with toon link today i'm still getting use to it. I guess it takes a while.

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the TL-MK match-up is pretty much just too much for our little tink. Im starting to second Kirby to take care of MK and Olimar. Any of you guys have any secondaries to deal with specific characters that give you trouble? Including you Santi Claus.

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
No way, TL forever, I like to switch it up a bit from time to time. And why not make it something that helps my chances to win? Kirby is a lot of fun, so I've made him my secondary, and PT my third :D.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
i like to use zelda now and again use her as a tank plus dins fire stage spikes are just cool and in theory shes toon links mum (if u have questions play the game)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
>.> ummm ummmm sowait..... that old hag of a grama is Zelda? and then go off and chases his long lost cusin around the world from the evil clutches of gannon who only see's her as a girl who wants to marry the water.... wow windwaker was one bazaar game behind the scenes. I wish we could have been able to fight in his crawfish outfit in brawl. I'd play that.

Zorro.cL

Smash Rookie
Having problems with marth :S I just try to keep him outranged with projectiles, and when he comes close zairs mostly. Anyway marth usually cames close to me, and then I just cant
get him away, its pointless to try to sword fight him anyway :S

Santi

Smash Lord
Are you really quitting TL?
I'm just sick of the game and been out of my groove lately.
I can't do what I wanna do and idk why.
I'm really rusty and right now there's a lof of things pulling me away from brawl.

Having problems with marth :S I just try to keep him outranged with projectiles, and when he comes close zairs mostly. Anyway marth usually cames close to me, and then I just cant
get him away, its pointless to try to sword fight him anyway :S
Short hop and angle your boomerang to the floor.
that will sometimes stop a marth that is approaching with short hop fair.
Chip said SHDA works wonders so I would try that as well.

You're right about the Zair. Keep it up. Eventually he will close in and you just have to escape him and start playing your game again.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Dont quit Santi. At most just take a long break. I still want to fight you (whenever that is).

Santi

Smash Lord
I won't quit.
Tournaments are too fun and I've met a lot of cool people who have become good friends.

I'm just not practicing that much. Only melee. Which actually makes me play brawl worse ha.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
cool. lol I've been bored with brawl lately too for the past day or 2 so ive been playing meele and Starwars battlefront. tis fun when I am bored.

Lobos

Smash Master
Yeah if you find yourself out of your groove just take a break. I would go play melee but I don't have the game anymore lol instead I just play left4dead......I'll finally get around to practice and find something new. O.o

Bomber7

Smash Hero
any advice for a guys who's losing hius touch in Brawl and his mental capacity for the game is steadilyt declining and is currently in the double digits in negatives. *yawn* I've been so bored lately, anything that could appeal to me is boring. eating and sleeping is boring... and I love to sleep. should I just take a break from brawling outside tournies? wuld this even help?

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Yay Santis not quitting
:D
Now I still need to practice SHDA
XD

Do I really need this Santi?
I use bow cancels but just not SHDA
another question
Can you really bow cancel after fair and nair?
Could you gimme some advice about it?
Everyone else that knows I want your advice too.
Including Sasuke
:D
Which he probally wont
>.>

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Well SHDA I find crucial if ur up against DDD and big characters but other than that no. U should learn it though it is good. And u should learn all of ur characters tools to have as much solutions to a situation given in a match as possible.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
Irjon,

You can bow cancel after fair and nair.
The timing is tighter than with bair or throwing a bomb.

So, with nair, it's a bit deceiving because you only look at the first slash, and so you press too early. So wait for the second swipe before you use the arrow.

With fair you have to wait until TL brings the sword all the way around.

Just practice for the timing.

The timings of quickdraw bair and throwing bombs are similar,
the timings of quickdraw fair, nair and pulling out bombs are similar.

And yeah SHDA is mostly good for bigger characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom