• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SBR doesn't care about Brawl, Smash, or the community. They care about making money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
If you read the crap that comes out of the SBR occasionally, this is obvious. In one of the weekly character profiles, an SBR member outright said they wouldn't even play Brawl if it wasn't for the easy money involved. On M2K's Myspace page, he basically says the same thing and more:

M2K said:
The Brawl community sucks overall. Most people are just a bunch of whiners. I remember back in the Melee days when most everyone was cool and matches were fun and interesting, since Melee is actually a good game. You could also constantly improve in Melee and it had good replay value, due to many things not being automatic and tech skill being a much larger factor. While considered alone Brawl may be fun, by comparison to Melee it sucks, and even though I constantly won tourneys with DDD, it was boring, because it was too reliant on camping, and the approaches with him are "run and shield", or do spaced aerials that you have to autocancel otherwise it sucks, making it very limited. I hated it, and only really used it for money, and put almost no time into actually playing the game outside of tourneys.
In another post, M2K goes so far as to admit SBR people collude beforehand to split winnings in tournament:

Me and Azen ended up winning teams (even though we only see each other at random tourneys and have only teamed once before this), and we split singles even though Azen beat me 3-2...The tourney was promised to have 5000 dollars as a GUARANTEED POT, but since so few people showed, we didn't get that. On top of that, the pot got ***** badly I heard, and there was supposed to be about 3000 dollars in the tourney considering attendance (45 X 61 or something) and that would have given me 600 for splitting top 2 with Azen, then 400 each from teams (since we didn't split teams) which adds up to 1000 dollars. I would have had 1500 dollars if it was the promised 5000 dollar pot. Instead, I got barely over 300 dollars from the whole thing >__>.
So when they do crap with like refuse to make a Brawl+ subforum because "If we give it that kind of recognition and attention, that means we in essence condone it as acceptable for the tournament scene" they mean they perceive it as a threat to the money they make from colluding with one another to rig the outcomes of local tournaments. Why they would do that, I have no clue, as Brawl+ is obviously not gonna become a tournament standard, as we can't even all agree on what codes should be in it.

But hey, when money is on the line, that is all that really matters. **** the Smash community, right SBR?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
although I'm not sure if saying that all of SBR is in it for the money is a correct assumption, it sure seems the only reason brawl tournaments attract players played is not because its fun but because the money one can make from tournaments. kinda sad.

If we give it that kind of recognition and attention, that means we in essence condone it as acceptable for the tournament scene
I saw your closed thread with that post from that rather obscure moderator. It seems they like to randomly peep in this forum to close threads. Kinda funny. They don't even want us making threads for finding friends to play Brawl+, as those are closed immediately as well, while a thread which asked for ways to make the demos in brawl have unlimited time were left unclosed (PIRACY IS BAD MMKAY?).

TP

Smash Master
Your post is incredibly inaccurate. M2K is known for saying whatever the hell he wants, and the money conspiracy thing makes no sense to me. Either you explained it poorly or you are just completely wrong.

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
although I'm not sure if saying that all of SBR is in it for the money is a correct assumption, it sure seems the only reason brawl is even played is not because its fun but because the money one can make from tournaments. kinda sad.
I'm sure everyone is not in it for the money, just that the ones who dominate forum politics are. They're Brawl+ phobic because they see it as a potential monetary threat, which is disgusting. It's probably also why MK isn't already softbanned.

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
Your post is incredibly inaccurate.
It's very accurate. All the SBR people who have commented on Brawl+ since the idea was born say the exact same crap, complaining about the "tournament scene." This only makes sense if you care about money, which other SBR people besides M2K admit to.

and the money conspiracy thing makes no sense to me. Either you explained it poorly or you are just completely wrong.
Or you can't connect the dots.

TP

Smash Master
I'm sure everyone is not in it for the money, just that the ones who dominate forum politics are. They're Brawl+ phobic because they see it as a potential monetary threat, which is disgusting. It's probably also why MK isn't already softbanned.
That's funny, I always felt Brawl+ wouldn't work because it REQUIRES HACKING, which could potentially die away from a Wii update, costs money if you don't have the equipment, and it would be very hard to make standards.

But yeah, I guess the monetary threat concept works too. :confused:

EDIT: Don't double post.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
As right as you may be, there's nothing we can do as lowly peons. :laugh:

This is not a democratic or necessarily well run forum so don't really expect much to come from your potential discovery. I'm all in favor for a Brawl+ only forum, but obviously there is some dissent and distaste for it. In fact the person you have quoted are probably those who Mookie referred to as the ones who are greatly opposed to the prospect. :)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
All the SBR people who have commented on Brawl+ since the idea was born say the exact same crap, complaining about the "tournament scene." This only makes sense if you care about money[...]
Uh, no. It actually IS able to ruin the tournament scene. And you know why? Because it then will split into tournaments with Brawl and tournaments with Brawl+, and there'll be people ONLY playing Brawl, and peoply ONLY playing Brawl+. There are people who are not able to hack their game consoles, or just plainly don't WANT to.

This makes not only sense in a monetary way, but also in a "splitting the community"-way.

And you can't compare M2K to the rest of the SBR.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
That's funny, I always felt Brawl+ wouldn't work because it REQUIRES HACKING, which could potentially die away from a Wii update, costs money if you don't have the equipment, and it would be very hard to make standards.

But yeah, I guess the monetary threat concept works too. :confused:

EDIT: Don't double post.
Oh. You're one of those people. Here's a rubber ball. Bounce it.

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
What the hell does this have to do with anything? I don't care about Brawl+ becoming the new standard. I don't think it will, for many reasons, including some of the ones you state. That has nothing to do with why the SBR adamantly refuses to do simple things like make a god **** Brawl+ subforum. They refuse because they only care about money, and see Brawl+ as a potential threat, even it isn't. AiB, on the other hand, pretty much immediately created a subforum for this. Why? Because their forums actually cater to the fans of Smash, and not to a bunch of colluding jerks who travel around the country rigging local tournament results in their favor.

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
Uh, no. It actually IS able to ruin the tournament scene. And you know why? Because it then will split into tournaments with Brawl and tournaments with Brawl+, and there'll be people ONLY playing Brawl, and peoply ONLY playing Brawl+.
How does people playing one game or the other "ruin" the tournament scene, unless you think the point of tournaments is to get as many suckers to buy into the tournament as possible so you and your buddies can make guaranteed bank when you come out on top?

TP

Smash Master
Oh. You're one of those people. Here's a rubber ball. Bounce it.
Hey, renting a copy of Twilight Princess costs like 5 dollars. That could feed a village for a month! Thank you for the rubber ball, though.

Someone7, I agree that Brawl+ should have a subforum. That's just basic forum management, really. If there are a bunch of related threads that have one central theme, it makes sense for there to be a subforum. We agree there.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
This thread is ridiculous. How could you possibly decide that everyone in the SBR has the same mindset?

If you don't want to foster a Brawl scene driven by money, hold tournaments without prize money. Top 3 get their entry fee back or something.

Easy.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
M2K doesn't really define truth for everyone. Just saying.

This is more of a forum dispute. The SBR isn't holding back on a Brawl + forum because the threat to money.

Listen, Brawl + isn't the greatest thing to ever happen. Stop raging because YOU feel like it is.

Until it's recognized by more and more people, a Brawl + forum would be pointless. A waste of space, and just be spammed the living hell out of with questions that could all go into one little thread.

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
This thread is ridiculous. How could you possibly decide that everyone in the SBR has the same mindset?
I didn't say that, and in fact, specially said otherwise. Though its obvious what mindset dominates the SBR.

If you don't want to foster a Brawl scene driven by money, hold tournaments without prize money. Top 3 get their entry fee back or something.

Easy.
I don't care about money tournaments. I care about the SBR purposefully trying to suppress Brawl+ because they perceive it as a threat to their money.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
They don't even need to make a Brawl+ forum. They could just making a hacking forum, or homebrew forum and things will be solved.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
gawd barge you're bossy does all that internet make u a super man
Whats with the last two?

I'd prefer blue is the team color that I like.

The quotation marks thing was saying that you don't have to put "red" when you're choosing your font color.
And this thread is stupid, one person does not represent everyone.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Whats with the last two?

I'd prefer blue is the team color that I like.

The quotation marks thing was saying that you don't have to put "red" when you're choosing your font color.
And this thread is stupid, one person does not represent everyone.
Then might i ask why you keep making such posts as "nobody cares" "makes your own brawl + site" ?
Last I saw you are not the collective opinion of smashboards either .

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
i dont care about the money part, i just think the SBR are making stupid decisions. first they make a bad brawl tier list with no bottom tiers (WTF??) then they decide not to ban meta knight. two bad choices.

homsar

Smash Ace
I don't care about money tournaments. I care about the SBR purposefully trying to suppress Brawl+ because they perceive it as a threat to their money.
If this was true then why are they discussing possible rule sets and have opened a smash lab which is going to include brawl plus in its research?

You clearly don't understand how any competitive community works. So either figure it out or leave because no one wants to listen to your whining.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Then might i ask why you keep making such posts as "nobody cares" "makes your own brawl + site" ?
Last I saw you are not the collective opinion of smashboards either .
"Who cares" is just a saying for something along the lines of 'I don't care" or "why does it matter". This guy is making it seem like what M2K is saying reflects everything the SBR does.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Plenty of people are in it for the money. Nothing new, lolz.
Thread answered.

Why do you think theres tourneys? It's all about winning some cash. Some people like me play Brawl tourneys for the fun of it and such. So I'm not always serious about little money won in tourneys, (unless it's more than $2000 dollars). The Melee lovers be in Brawl tourneys because Melee tourneys are minor now, and the only way to get some quick cash from Smash tourneys is to... that's right, play Brawl tourneys.

But back to the Topic's question, you don't know what the SBR is doing, so you could be right... or wrong...... MOSTLY WRONG!!! Because they made a lot of great choices when people was trying to change to game like not banning Meta Knight or not letting, lol Brawl+ be tourney approved. This game hasn't been out for a year, and people are already talking about riduculus stuff just because they say "it will make the game better".

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This is incredibly stupid.

a) M2K is NOT THE SBR. Stop thinking that one person's opinions are the same as everyone else's. Because that is ********.

b) We proposed making a Brawl+ subforum, but due to legality issues of having a section dedicated solely to hacking, we cannot do it. Stop making these ridiculous conspiracy theories. You're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom