• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SBR Rated Tournament #2 [canceled]

Nintendude

Smash Hero
With the conclusion of the first SBR Rated Tournament, it is now time for another one! The first round will consist of two 5-person pools. The top-2 contestants in each round robin will advance to a second pool of 4, where the winner of the tournament will be determined. The purpose of a round robin style tournament is so more matches are played, increasing the accuracy of the ratings generated from the results.

We regret to announce that at this time, only North American players may participate. If there is enough interest, the SBR can hold events for Europe, South America, and other regions in the future.

This tournament uses the SBR Recommended Ruleset:

Game Settings

Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE
All Characters Available

Stages

The Starter Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle and Dream Land.
The Counterpick Stage List consists of Peach's Castle.

First match of all sets is selected by a 3-stage striking system with the Starter Stage List. An impartial observer/tournament organiser flips a coin to decide who strikes first. Rock-paper-scissors is alright too, but it's technically a skill irrelevant to smash. If this is impossible (online), whoever strikes first will be pre-decided by an RNG.

The 64 Recommended Ruleset uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the Starter Stage List until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

Characters

All characters are legal.

Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage for visibility reasons. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a colour change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.

Low Tiers are all characters in B tier and below: Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, Ness, Luigi, Samus and Link.

Set Procedure
Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called.
Players strike stages.
The first match is played.
The loser of the previous match selects the next match's stage from the Starter Stage and Counterpick Stage Lists.
The winner of the previous match selects their character.
The loser of the previous match selects their character.
The next match is played.
Above four steps are repeated if necessary.
Sets are best of 5

SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED!

[collapse="Round 1 pools"]

[/collapse]

[collapse="Entrant Contact Information"]
Surri-Sama [1020]
MSN: surrismash@hotmail.com
AIM: SurriSama
Availability: 3pm - 1am EST

Peek [1214]
Contact info: Smashboards pm or msn: peek824545201@hotmail.com
Availability: Most days after 3 pm pacific

Jimmy Joe
jimmyjoe.mcgurl@gmail.com or PM
Mon-Wed all day, Friday 2pm-6pm

JaimeHR [1142]
Kaillera name: BEEF!Man!
Contact info: [MSN]JaimeHR.SsB@gmail.com [AIM] JaimeHR3
Availability: Friday night, all day during Saturday and Sunday.

$NAK3 [987]
Kaillera name (if different): tacos
Contact info: snak3ssb@hotmail.com smashboards pm
Availability: weekdays after 2:00 pm (CT) weekends varies.

X ta C
Kaillera name (if different): X ta C
Contact info: PM me
Availability: everyday 5pm-2am EST

Killer
Contact info: Ezkillah@hotmail.com or Here
General availability times: 2-4 6-9 PM EST on weekdays 8 AM - 10 PM EST on weekends.

Chain-Ace
Kaillera name (if different): eggers st
Contact info: AIM: flameex6753
Availability: wed sat sun

KoRoBeNiKi
Kaillera name (if different): PPS KoRoBeNiKi
Contact info: PM me or contact me on Steam if you have it (korobeniki)
Availability: everyday, preferably at night as I am at my dorm.

sw96
kaillera name: call me sw96
contanct: send me a pm
availaby:just call me anytime :p
[/collapse]

acolyte10

Smash Cadet
With the conclusion of the first SBR Rated Tournament, it is now time for another one! The first round will consist of two 5-person pools. The top-2 contestants in each round robin will advance to a second pool of 4, where the winner of the tournament will be determined. The purpose of a round robin style tournament is so more matches are played, increasing the accuracy of the ratings generated from the results.

We regret to announce that at this time, only North American players may participate. If there is enough interest, the SBR can hold events for Europe, South America, and other regions in the future.

This tournament uses the SBR Recommended Ruleset:

Game Settings

Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE
All Characters Available

Stages

The Starter Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle and Dream Land.
The Counterpick Stage List consists of Peach's Castle.

First match of all sets is selected by a 3-stage striking system with the Starter Stage List. An impartial observer/tournament organiser flips a coin to decide who strikes first. Rock-paper-scissors is alright too, but it's technically a skill irrelevant to smash. If this is impossible (online), whoever strikes first will be pre-decided by an RNG.

The 64 Recommended Ruleset uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the Starter Stage List until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

Characters

All characters are legal.

Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage for visibility reasons. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a colour change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.

Low Tiers are all characters in B tier and below: Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, Ness, Luigi, Samus and Link.

Set Procedure
Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called.
Players strike stages.
The first match is played.
The loser of the previous match selects the next match's stage from the Starter Stage and Counterpick Stage Lists.
The winner of the previous match selects their character.
The loser of the previous match selects their character.
The next match is played.
Above four steps are repeated if necessary.
Sets are best of 5

Sign-ups start now! Please use the following format:

Name:
Kaillera name (if different):
Contact info:
Availability:
What exactly is this? a real life tournament? I'm interested in this for sure.

X ta C

Smash Rookie
Name: X ta C
Kaillera name (if different): X ta C
Contact info: PM me
Availability: everyday 5pm-2am EST

Peek~

Smash Lord
I sort of dont want to see this filled with no names. Peek would put a 50-100 post minimum to join.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
peek speaks in the third person, and its really funny.
how much people can enter? because ill enter if you need participants

LLDL

Smash Hero
Name: chain-ace
Kaillera name (if different): eggers st
Contact info: AIM: flameex6753
Availability: wed sat sun

Nintendude

Smash Hero
We currently have 8 people. There's room for 2 more but if nobody else signs up by the end of tomorrow we'll go ahead with the 8 we have.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Name: KoRoKoRoKoRo
Kaillera name (if different): PPS KoRoBeNiKi
Contact info: PM me or contact me on Steam if you have it (korobeniki)
Availability: everyday, preferably at night as I am at my dorm.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
If we can't get one more person I'll have to cut Koro and go with two pools of 4. Sorry...
Or I guess there can be a pool of 4 and a pool of 5 if nobody has issues with that.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Added jimmy and killer to msn, Surri and I will play like we always do. Sent a PM to sw96.

GL everyone

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
So I left today for a week long, surely debaucherous RV trip and I doubt ill have a good connection anywhere, but who knows. Most likely I'll be back on kailler a week from tomorrow to start getting these matches in

:phone:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Felipe are you from South America? This is North America only.

Also, since sw96 is banned I'd like to find a replacement. After starting the tourney I noticed he was spamming all over the ssb64 board so I was skeptical of him anyway.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Jaime Har Har won vs me 3-0

Closer games than it seemed for that score, lol3stockcomeback

Also..my new computer has HAX di

Peek~

Smash Lord
Felipe are you from South America? This is North America only.

Also, since sw96 is banned I'd like to find a replacement. After starting the tourney I noticed he was spamming all over the ssb64 board so I was skeptical of him anyway.
Hope you got a replacement(why dont you join) cause sw96 had no idea what I was talking about when I messaged him

sw96 said:
never mind dont send me messages about sbr thingy ok

LLDL

Smash Hero
I haven't been able to play even one friendly on the Galaxy. I counted 14 different opponents who I started a game with and they couldn't move at the menu or desync. I have the updated kaillera client. Any suggestions? If not then I won't be able to play.

Froski

Boss of Bosses
I haven't been able to play even one friendly on the Galaxy. I counted 14 different opponents who I started a game with and they couldn't move at the menu or desync. I have the updated kaillera client. Any suggestions? If not then I won't be able to play.
On the part where they aren't able to move its probably the plugin (nrage) the person is using which probably needs raw data unchecked. As for desych.....it happens at random there's no way you can actually stop it from happening.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I believe the two problems are related, as I used to be able to play just fine, and it's happening with kaillera period, for me.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I'm currently unable to play smash64...

My ps3 driver has stopped working altogether and motionjoy wont load any drivers (always fails)

I have to drop out :(

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Dang, that sucks. Well, since 2 people from the same pool dropped then Chain-Ace is getting moved to pool 2. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Hopefully Chain-Ace can also solve his own connection problems.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah I fixed the connection problems. I'll get those matches in asap.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
It appears that after one and a half months only one match has been played. Are people even trying to play their matches or will I have to cancel this?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Definitely hit up all my opponents and check regularly at the galaxy, they're seldom there.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^^^This more than anything.

I will still play my matches if other people wish to continue as well.

Top Bottom