• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Listen to soap, Ghostly. c-stick OANS for aerials (but not necessary).

I use it for every aerial almost every time (besides nair... lol)

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I generally use A when I knee (habit gained from practicing 5 knee kills on Giga Bowser XD), but C Stick is very useful for just about every aerial that isn't nair. Just practice using it and your thumb will eventually go where you want it to. It's like practicing forehands and hammers with a frisbee.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
When I tried the c-stick, I tried to do a fair and I did an uair. I can't move my thumb where I want it to go =(
practice moar.

c-stick is almost unconditionally better than using controlstick+A for almost everything.
especially falcons sh upair

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Yeah, c sticking falcon's uair at the bottom of the short hop tends to be **** personified.

Scar

#HarveyDent
alright well since bigD is taking a break i'll start giving advice again...

ghostly, the first thing you have to do is change your signature to falco > captain falcon > dr. mario. that's the absolute minimum, like if you want to eventually (and i mean eventually) play captain falcon at pc jona level

captain falcon won't respect you if you think doc is better than him, so absolutely you can't fair and uair when you want to, it's like not going to law school and trusting your lawyer's opinion over your gut instinct -- not gonna work

anyways change your sig and just work on fostering your bond with CF, that should take about 3-6 months, and once you have learned the truth about the tier list you'll eventually of your own accord change the tier list to captain falcon > falco > doctor mario, now you've already surpassed f-zero's level, congratulations

now this is where most players peak, after 2-3 years you might start to get scar combos or hax$ tech chases or darkrain fear factor or NES_n00b gayness (or SS unnecessary but pretty awesome flashiness), but you won't be able to pull it all together and reach the true next level of captain falcon play

it is only when you finally realize that falco>fox>jiggs>sheik>marth>...>pichu>captain falcon that you become a real captain falcon player

that is your path

MAKE US PROUD

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Essentially, you can't do anything with Falcon unless you predict accurately everything people are going to do.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
****, I fully excelled to the last point about two weeks ago.

now I hit ppl with sacred combos Bcuz they told me I couldnt.

Falcon is hella tight. and a direct descendant of michael jackson.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i lost to eggm and stric9
i beat one person before losing to eggm
then 2 more before losing to stric9

people were surprised i wasnt a noob

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
puff is stupid
this one kid i played gayed me after i beat him 1st match
took me to mute city with jiggs
i was like GAY

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I mean you have to be prepared to deal with CP's and 'gay' **** like that Jona, even if its absolutely terrible for your main.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea i know
but he was playing sheik first round
so i wouldnt expect him to do that lol

and i refuse to go to a secondary
the way ill prepare is by winning first round
if i dont, i probly dont deserve to win
unless it was close

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Falcon's aerial versatility is so great that even the worst of CPs isn't devastating... I mean, Mute City against Peach/Jiggs is pretty ****ing ugly, but it's not unwinnable. That's what I like about Falcon. Besides everything Scar mentioned. By the way, Scar's posts are made of awesome.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
no match is technically unwinnable.

My falcons good, but Im not taking him to mute city. Its not my main and I play characters better suited for the stage.

There are just some situations that are alot worse than others. Especially with CPs.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
now this is where most players peak, after 2-3 years you might start to get scar combos or hax$ tech chases or darkrain fear factor or NES_n00b gayness (or SS unnecessary but pretty awesome flashiness), but you won't be able to pull it all together and reach the true next level of captain falcon play
this is 100% truth in its purest form

it is only when you finally realize that falco>fox>jiggs>sheik>marth>...>pichu>captain falcon that you become a real captain falcon player
I'm getting there
the only thing I havent completely done is make pichu > falcon
ive played a few pichus, and i understand why pichu > falcon but i still win the match because they arent pichu mains.

halp me scar, explain to me in-depth why pichu > falcon, maybe that will push me over the edge.

edit

scar, in your next combo video you need to use this song.

http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/tracks#wouldn't it be nice

R.I.P. Big D

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
halp me scar, explain to me in-depth why pichu > falcon, maybe that will push me over the edge.
it's pretty simple really. Falcon is just the worst character in the game. if you ever beat someone, it's cause you're awesome and they blow, because they just lost to the worst character in the game. If you ever lose to someone, it sucks, but the truth of the matter is that you're playing the worst character in the game, so it's to be expected.

Top Bottom