• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
wouldve been **** if first was phantom and 2nd was normal and you just continued the combo.

tubes

Smash Ace
Actually if you go back a few posts all the text is colored purple and those tend to be pretty god**** relevant, as do the surrounding posts.

Scar

#HarveyDent
wtf this is the best thread since g-reg's thread

bigD moved to the ukraine and now everything is whack

just give it some time it'll come back

in the meantime let's talk about requests for what you guys know is possible but you can't do that you want to see in IKM3

Lovage

Smash Hero
stomp (or raptor boost) short hop reverse bair, short hop late uair, full jump weak reverse bair, double jump knee

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Why would anyone wanna ask you anything
because he is funny, good, and smokes mad trees
haven't you seen kneegalize?
kids these days. sheesh.
scar, do something with scarjumps and nairs.
also
scarjump->bair that hits them forwards->dj knee?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, does anyone here really ever take advantage of upwards tilted ftilts to out prioritize nair approaches in Falcon dittos? I was doing it the other day for lulz, but you gotta know when they're going to nair(typically lower %s) or else you eat the knee like I did a bajillion times xD

I've also come to realize...Falcon has other moves than just aerials! I was utilt shield poking/pressuring and using Fsmash to dodge attacks then hit them with it! It was mad sick, although I've caught the Tomacawk AKA I dash attack instead of running usmash =( You don't know how depressing it is when you predict a phantasm onto the stage with an usmash and instead you dash attack ;_;

Scar

#HarveyDent
in 2008 i was very familiar with that feeling

fsmash is awesome, his other standing moves are never used i think primarily because if falcon isn't moving he's doing something wrong, and spacing tilts is really hard to do while remaining mobile

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
about the sheik matchup, Scar ***** some sheik the other week, it's on his youtube page, and I learned a lot about the matchup from that

I think the easiest thing to do is bait her approach and camp bairs/nairs. It's gay, but it works. Also, cg. Not enough falcons do this. The most important thing to do is ledgeguard. Most sheiks have stupid tricks to get past you, just hold the ledge until sheik dissapears, then do the normal get up from ledge, and knee. Works most of the time for me

greenlink

Smash Apprentice
Good drill to practice nairing that Scar told me was go to training mode, choose your opponent to be Link. Set damage to 20%, open with a Raptor Boost (side B) and try to nair link across the stage.
This is sooo handy for me, not getting to play humans much as I do. Know anymore of these to speed up my falcon+help with combos?
help meh please

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)

in the meantime let's talk about requests for what you guys know is possible but you can't do that you want to see in IKM3
I want to see a perfect platform waveland that goes off the platform -> perfect waveland back onto the same platform without touching the ground -> attack.

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
help meh please
Put in an empty controller and choose someone like ganondorf. Turn on handicaps and set damage ratio to .5. Choose a stage and practice shffling, but go from shffl to immediate run. Don't just spam the same aerial back to back mix it up. Also work on your spacing and see how far away you can aerial ganon. Work on doing normal shffls and also rising aerials.

You can tell where the aerial hits based off of the green contact animation. Try to be able to hit all parts of the body as that means you will have an easier time shield stabbing. I know for a fact you can shield stab a head with a rising sh knee, and you can shield stab the feet with a delayed dair.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I want to see a perfect platform waveland that goes off the platform -> perfect waveland back onto the same platform without touching the ground -> attack.
I'm fairly sure you can do an aerial -> edgecancel -> perfect waveland back on the platform, if you did this on a small enough platform you could do this off each side back and forth

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace

weak knee > edge cancel > wall jump > dair

FD or YS is the easiest place to get it

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
It felt to me that you were trying to be too epic during that match. Like wall jumping into a knee multiple times when the situation didn't really call for it (and a random moonwalk?). But then again, it was a friendly, so that could be why. So yea, you might be trying to be too flashy for your own good? Idk, just my thoughts. I would give advice, but I'm sure a more experienced falcon here would be able to help you more than I could.

D

Deleted member

from a side platform on battlefield/yoshi's, jump and waveland off of top platform, go through side platform on otherside, turn around and gentleman --> knee

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I feel like Fiction's suggestion (stomp -> taunt -> grab -> dropzone) should work for a decent range of percentages on Falco.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
on YS scarjump to stomp above the platform to hit the enemy below->dropzone weak knee ->STOMP
i believe this works(?) around 55% on falco if he DIs right

g-regulate

Smash Hero
in 2008 i was very familiar with that feeling

fsmash is awesome, his other standing moves are never used i think primarily because if falcon isn't moving he's doing something wrong, and spacing tilts is really hard to do while remaining mobile
yea ive only found fsmash/dsmash to be useful at high percentages, vs like a peach/jiggs/sheik, but only when you feel they are just too comfortable with their spacing outside your range. i.e. sheik tilting rampage , peach floting attacks, and jiggs just hovering.

use sparingly though, or else they just predict and punish.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Wow that was hilarious

Commentary was just too amazing

your falcon's pretty good

Platform camp more when you can, otherwise just do whatever you're doing; you seem to have the matchup down pretty well. I'll leave the people who are 3472890 times better than I am to give you real advice. XD

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
WEll adam, you ****ing played well. I look forward to smashing with you soon.

ur falcon looks like a champion.

I saw a few times when you could have grabbed ledge and rolled up, but you hit him instead. It cost you a couple times. Thats it tho

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
question for scar

ive been learning falcon for a while but i still feel like im missing something
l-canceled aerial into JC grab
DD to wavedash
wavelanding on platforms
getting good @ combos
getting my tech chasing down good
moonwalking
wall jumping (workin on it)

what else should i be practicing in terms of tech skill

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
n00bking just keep hold of the ****ing edge, you idiot.
word bro, it's my WORST habbit.

question for scar

ive been learning falcon for a while but i still feel like im missing something
l-canceled aerial into JC grab
DD to wavedash
wavelanding on platforms
getting good @ combos
getting my tech chasing down good
moonwalking
wall jumping (workin on it)

what else should i be practicing in terms of tech skill
Because I suppose ONLY Scar could answer that question for you... :laugh: