• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol Stuff like target tests always have the most reliable training methods. Yeah, I'd do that. And yes, it's timing more than anything.

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
Scar, when is a good time to use jabs? I'm not really sure of where to input it in my game. Most of the time I do dair to jab at low percentages as well with nair, but other than that I'm not really sure of when to use it.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I knee to jab over and over to shield pressure some peoples. It makes them run away so I can knee them in the face. XD

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Scar, when is a good time to use jabs? I'm not really sure of where to input it in my game. Most of the time I do dair to jab at low percentages as well with nair, but other than that I'm not really sure of when to use it.
I use the jab/gentleman to avoid getting shieldgrabbed.

I never dair to jab at low percents. I just grab them instead.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Is there a list of the best possible moment to use a dtilt to screw up their tech?

Like for fox if you uthrow them and they're at 60% then if you hit the d-tilt it will mess up their tech. I'm assuming the same goes for Falco.

What about sheik, marth or falcon?

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
Well I only jab after a dair at low percentage just for the extra dmg then i grab lol. The gentlemen is when falcon does multiple jabs mashing a right? Why is it called that anway lol. Also, wat is a good way of doing it so you don't get stuck in that animation if I don't want to do the gentlman.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
No, the Gentleman is when Falcon does the two Jabs, then knees, but does NOT go into Rapid Punches.

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
Oh, so thats wat the gentleman is. What is the proper way to do the 2 jabs and not the rapid jabs? Timing issue? I think I read something m2k said about pressing shield at the end of the 2nd jab or something to stop from entering multiple jabs, but that was awhile ago so I don't really remember.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Well I only jab after a dair at low percentage just for the extra dmg then i grab lol.
This will stop working. Try to work that jab out of your gameplay, at high levels jabs are usually crouch canceled or smash DI'd away, so the opponent will roll before the grab.

I just really wanted to say that before bed, it's important because I'm working on that too, because jab after dair was always the best option because jab>grab always worked.

I'll answer the others tomorrow.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
jabbing works very well if you stomp someone into the ground and they miss a tech, it makes them stand straight up a lot of the time. other than that, i generally benefit more from doing a gentleman to people rather than a single jab, in any situation i can think of.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah it depends on what people expect, if you usually do a single jab it'll train them to grab after, so if you mix up jab w/ gentleman you'll hit their shieldgrab attempt. Either that or they'll wait for a gentleman, single jab and run.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm frazzled. I trade matches w/ good foxes on most stages, but it came to my attention that I cannot win on pkmn stadium. I go from putting the pressure on to being pressured pretty hard core with the transformations. Any general tips? I don't claim to have any major technical issues or questions, I just seem to get beaten disproportionately often on this stage.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well, I do like ****. The good kind though.

So you'd basically just recommend stalling and keeping my nose clean?

Because once it's back to normal it's stompin' time.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
yea i hate all of the different stages it turns into...so gay...just camp on the rock when it goes there um... chill on the mill and jump away and back on it, and on the green shrubery whatever i dont think its that bad so i guess you could fight it out

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Because it's so hard for falcon to do anything because there's like no space. Same for my Fox.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Hey Scar. Just gotta ask... is there any special DI trick for doing the "Scar Jump"? I've gotten up to 4, but I seem to run out of steam. Improper DI maybe? Please reply, even if it's just "Practice more." Thank you for your time...

EDIT: Oh, and your Combo video PWNS. Is the sequel out yet?

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
wall jumping without using your second jump from the ledge.
it's done by using c-stick to fall off the ledge, the control stick to d.i towards the stage, then the control stick again to wall jump. it's situational, but it has its uses.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Hey Scar. Just gotta ask... is there any special DI trick for doing the "Scar Jump"? I've gotten up to 4, but I seem to run out of steam. Improper DI maybe? Please reply, even if it's just "Practice more." Thank you for your time...

EDIT: Oh, and your Combo video PWNS. Is the sequel out yet?
ill be scar right now..

everytime you do a walljump you wanna hold back towards the stage immediately... use the c-stick ofcourse...when you are near the bottom of the stage walljump then use your second jump to get high enough to keep scar jumping, dont just do a knee then use your second jump.

yes my video is awesome thank you, nah the second one will be out hopefully this week... i have alot of ish to do....

ok now back to me...

lol thats kinda fun

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
lol my join date............Jun 2007--Posts 1613
junglefever....................Jul 2008--Posts 1714

on my first month i had like 15 posts max.

if your trying to make a point, with what you said, your gay.
just sayin

HA
me......Posts Per Day: 2.83
you.....Posts Per Day: 3.81

suck on it sucka

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
A defensive kirby is mean because 1) he is already hard to hit (while on the ground) and 2) his grab range is a hell of a lot longer than falcon's. Also if you get knocked of the stage, you're ****ed. The key I believe is to play very patiently; cover distance and wait for an opening.

If Kirby counterpicks on brinstar and downthrows on those things that keep the middle platform connected, Falcon loses a stock, so stay the hell away from that stage. If he camps the lower section, wait for the lava to come up.

Falcon's Uair outranges everything Kirby can pull out in the air, basically, and downthrow->knee seems pretty much guaranteed on all percents so it comes down to spamming that. IMO.

Personally I hate playing Kirby.

Top Bottom