• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol no dude, you have to win the set

and in GFs you have to win 2 sets if you're coming from losers

otherwise you lost

that's like shroomed saying we're even bc tourney sets don't count LOL

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
I'm surprised Falcos don't just shoot high lasers to bait raptor boost and punish that.
i can attest from experience that it really sucks when they do start doing that

also i like to tally up stocks each dude has taken and then use that to determine how we stack up against each other

im still ridin strong off of my first match with darkrain when i 3 stocked him

tubes

Smash Ace
CF only tourneys should be determined by a panel of judges rating each combo on a scale of 1 to 10. you get the number of points your combo gets rated. So you could win via 4 bigass 10/10 combos or a bajillion 3/10 combos.

If you Dthrow chaingrab 4 times into dropzone knee, you automatically win.

Scar

#HarveyDent
ya but stock for stock technically i won since i think he only 1 and 1 stocked me and i 3 stocked him

if it was a 12 stock match i would have won

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
ss's stomp to bair to knee was was such a good way to end that one match. i cant remember against who, it think it was on fd.

i ****ing love bair -> they survival DI -> free knee! ****

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It's kind of a dilemma. DI away and have people yell "WC DI!" at you if you get knee'd, or DI in and have people cheer at you getting combo'd if they pull a Scar and uair first.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
DI up and away.... seriously, is it that difficult to figure out? If you get kneed you have alright DI and if you die then it was probably too late to avoid edgeguarding anyway, and if you get upair'd you avoid anything other than another upair at worst which you can then DI downward.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
DI up and away.... seriously, is it that difficult to figure out? If you get kneed you have alright DI and if you die then it was probably too late to avoid edgeguarding anyway, and if you get upair'd you avoid anything other than another upair at worst which you can then DI downward.
yo shut up son

you can say whatever you want now but in the match you cant sit in front of your computer for 15 minutes think of a smart answer and be like "is is that hard?"

for real go play dk

is it that hard...get the hell outta here

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
oh i came here to ask a question

when you recover from high and away when you double jump if you knee right away do you go farther then normal?

ive been doing it lately and it seems like it does bring you a bit farther but idk

MAGUS magus420

Turazrok

Smash Master
yo shut up son

you can say whatever you want now but in the match you cant sit in front of your computer for 15 minutes think of a smart answer and be like "is is that hard?"

for real go play dk

is it that hard...get the hell outta here

Dk mains are legit.

Turazrok

Smash Master
You use that a lot. lol

Falcon>>>>DK

DK cant fvck wit the real gorillas :mad:
This thread basically asks itself to be slapped with a u mad every other post lol. I know Falcon > Dk but DK mains are cool. My cousin mains dk. ( 4 stock him all the time with falcon though lol)

n1000

Smash Journeyman

when you recover from high and away when you double jump if you knee right away do you go farther then normal?

ive been doing it lately and it seems like it does bring you a bit farther but idk

MAGUS magus420
Nope, aerials don't affect how far you go/change your momentum.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i'm like 90% sure that puff moves faster with her fair. if you watch a speed run in adventure mode, puffs are always fairing, but idk for sure i guess.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
No no no no no.

Puff doesn't move faster with her fair. She moves faster in the air than when she dashes. She is the only character whose horizontal movement is better when jumping. God, you guys are so confused. >_>

mers

Smash Ace
Ok Magus has answered this a lot.

Puff, Mewtwo, and maybe Kirby and possibly another character who I forget move farther because of some weird animation in their double jump that they can cancel.

For everyone else, and all characters with normal double jumps, aerials DO NOT affect air movement in any way.

The reason scarjumping works is because you are canceling the full walljump animation with an aerial, restoring normal air control instead of the walljump animation that pushes you further away from the wall.

tl;dr:

Aerials DO NOT help recovery, except for specific characters.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
dam ok

well you guys know how if your at a certain height off the stage and you dj knee, and as soon as you finish the knee you grab the edge?

does it cancel or what? sometimes i feel like i wont make it but i just get the grab...

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i know but sometimes i dont make it, sometimes i do, and it feels like at around the same height

i got a feel for when to do it but idk

this game is gay, too much bs

_eDgE_

Smash Rookie
So to gentlemen is it A A A(hold)?
That's what some people told me a while ago, but I haven't tried it. How do you do it right?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
im a few posts late but im just coming in to say that DIing up and away from falcon is about as effective as not DIing at all

_eDgE_

Smash Rookie
So when you falcon punch offstage you hold the control stick up and it aims it up right?
That probably sounds dumb but it's what I was taught.

`DNS`

Smash Lord

MAGUS magus420
magus says NO ONLY WITH KIRBY and puff i think..'s fairs

edit; lol should've read the last page before posting

ya, hold up and falcon punch goes up slightly, down goes down

@jona; the knee ends quick i think that's it

edit2: i just beat OoT and since we were on the topic of zelda a few pages back i have to say.. the last fight vs ganon was ****ing epic

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yo

screw link/zelda/sheik/triforce/toon link/ganon/mastersword/bow and arrow/ THAT GAY ZELDA GAME FOR WII THAT BORED ME TO DEATH AND MADE ME SELL MY WII

but yea... hax is really good... best falcon 4 sure

next is pc jona

then the rest

tristate falcons all dai

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
So to gentlemen is it A A A(hold)?
That's what some people told me a while ago, but I haven't tried it. How do you do it right?
you can do it the s2j way and A A hold A and crouch. you gotta hit them with one of the jabs though. if you hit with one of the jabs and do this, you'll gentleman 100% of the time

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
that actually works?

i might try that

you could do

gentleman>crouch>gentleman

holy crap

it would make it easier

Top Bottom