• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Thought experiment if it hasn't been proposed.

Fox with Rest > or < Fox with shine? How bout 100% broken. 3/4 of foxes moves would combo into rest.

Jiggs with shine? Worthless. Adds almost nothing to her game.

I think that says something about which MOVE is better. (not which move after combined with a broken-physics character is better.

Milos

Smash Lord
jiggs would be able to shinespike anybody at any percent once they were off the stage

she'd be able to jump cancel it into another shine 5 times in midair nonetheless

it would add plenty to her game

Scar

#HarveyDent
anybody ever notice that george lucas and ultimascout have similar voices / speech patterns?

good vid but the upB starts a few frames late, you can tell that CF exits hitstun and starts tumbling helplessly for like a milisecond before the upB starts, so he could have made the edge there no doubt

surprisingly horrible timing on the upB for someone who can competently DI

marth still could've extremely easily edgeguarded for the kill tho

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
shinespiking would be worse than just using aerials with jiggs, she cant move while shining and can only jump out instead of going down lower

shine would add nothing to her edgeguarding as it is already almost perfect and dependent on her ability to aerial and follow them as she does

i've never met ultimascout, but he sounds pretty cool from scar's description

edit: but on stadium jiggs could waveshine into rest on rock/fire mode

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
peef did you get on my account and change my Posts Per Page?

edit

no you didnt, this thread just got hella active while i was at work.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
If Jiggs had Falcon's Fair, Falco's dair, Jiggs bair(lolwut), DK's uair, Fox's nair, Falco's lazors, Samus' screwattack, Mario's cape, rest, Sheik's dthrow, Marth's fthrow, Marth's uthrow, Ness' bthrow, Pika's upsmash, IC's downsmash, Marth's fowardsmash, Falco's dtilt, Sheik's ftilt, and Falco's utilt. How good would she be?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
jiggs would be able to shinespike anybody at any percent once they were off the stage

she'd be able to jump cancel it into another shine 5 times in midair nonetheless

it would add plenty to her game
Sounds useless. Falco's shine would be another story. shine->shine->shine->shine->shine would be ****. And of course shine->rest.

*goes back to playing barlw*

j00t

Smash Champion
play black GnW on FD, blue GnW on FoD, and green GnW on Yoshi's and Dream Land.

I have a couple of vids being uploaded vs. Chad and he complains that he can't see me on Dream Land :p

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
in peefs defense jiggs bair accomplishes pretty much the same thing as a shine spike.

BUT the fact that she doesnt benefit greatly from a shine is not a reflection of the shine, but a reflection of jigg's current moveset.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
correct, and the fact that fox and falco benefit so greatly from the shine is a reflection of their physics.

Alukard

Smash Hero
how amazing of a feeling is it that when u hit someone with CF ... u know ur going to hit them AGAIN LOL

Scar

#HarveyDent
wtf is a gnw player doing here

gtfo scrub your character sucks even worse than mine lolol

good correction mogwai roneblaster failed

how amazing of a feeling is it that when u hit someone with CF ... u know ur going to hit them AGAIN LOL
fixed

j00t

Smash Champion

Well I'm actually a Falcon player and was asking for people to critique my vids, but I guess I suck too much for that.

Alukard

Smash Hero

fixed
LMFAOOOOOO

no johns tho ... thats the best part about playing him LOL

and the worst part about playing against him haha

Top Bottom